What's your favorite song at the moment in 2024?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I would argue that the music in the 70’s for the most part sucked, that’s how Disco made its big move. Now, there are definitely exceptions to what I said, Aerosmith for one And some others.
That's crazy, the 70's saw the birth, rise, mixing and expansion of so many more musical genres. Prog Rock by bands like Pink Floyd and Rush, Metal from bands like Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, guitar heroes like Eddie Van Halen and Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits that brought their own unique styles, Outlaw Country from guys like Willie and Waylon, the Cosmic Cowboy movement with people like Jerry Jeff and Michael Martin Murphy, the world got introduced to Reggae from the likes of Jimmy Cliff and Bob Marley, the beginning of Punk Rock from bands like The Ramones and Sex Pistols, homegrown heroes like Bob Seger and Bruce Springsteen, New Wave that embraced emerging technology and even the seeds of rap and hip hop were planted in the 70's.

The 70's was probably the most musically diverse decade with so many mixing of styles, influences and genres.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Sacrilidge. Music of the 70s still resonates today. Best music ever. You should be banned from ever posting again for making such and outrageous comment. (j/k) Nobody born before 1960 would ever agree with you.
10 likes for ya

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
My favorite songs right now are - Not Like Us / Meet The Grahams - Kendrick Lamar

Don’t know why? Don’t ring a bell? Haven’t heard about the Drake/Kendrick beef? If not, I’ll summarize.

Kendrick Lamar is a rapper. He is a Pulitzer Prize winning rapper, actually. He is from Compton. He was in the SB halftime show a few years back with Dre and them. He is the best of my generation, and many think his 2nd and 3rd albums are among the best ever made.

Drake is another rapper, but ventures into R&B and other things. He is from Toronto. He started his career acting on a Nickelodeon show. He is insanely popular - one of the most streamed artists of the last decade. He has made hit after hit after hit and worked with many prestigious artists.

Long story short, they have been dropping diss tracks recently. But after Drake took a shot at his family, Kendrick… took the gloves off. To say the least.

Addressing Drake’s son in “Meet the Grahams”, Kendrick says -

“Dear Adonis, I’m sorry that that man is your father, let me be honest.
It takes a man to be a man, your dad is not responsive...
Life is hard, I know, the challenge is always gonna beat us home.
Sometimes our parents make mistakes that affect us until we’re grown.
And you're a good kid that need good leadership.
Let me be your mentor since your daddy don't teach you [redacted]”

Oof. But he isn’t close to done.

Addressing Drake’s parents, he says -

“Dear Sandra, your son got some habits, I hope you don’t undermine them.
Especially with all the girls that’s hurt inside this climate…
You raised a horrible [redacted] person, the nerve of you, Dennis.
Sandra, sit down, what I’m about to say is heavy, now listen:
Your son’s a sick man with sick thoughts.
I think [redacted] like him should die.
Him and Weinstein should get [redacted] in a cell for the rest they life.
He hates Black women, hypersexualizes them, with kinks of a nympho fetish.
Grew facial hair because he understand being a beard just fit him better.”

He wasn’t done yet. Kendrick then dropped a super hot, funky, head banging, west-cost style track titled Not Like Us, where he says -

“Say Drake. I hear you like ’em young.
You better not ever go to cell block one.
To any girl that talk to him and they in love
Just make sure you hide your little sister from him”

And plenty more. I can’t post it all on this website, but he accuses Drake of some extremely serious stuff. Kendrick is accusing one of the biggest stars in the industry of being a Weinstein-level predator.

I wasn’t alive for the greatest hip-hop beefs of the 90’s.

But man, this is pretty entertaining.