What's your favorite Taco Sauce/Salsa from a jar?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RIBAREDMED2-01.jpg
I like that smokey flavor
Riba Foods, the original Master Roasters of Arriba! Salsas and Dips

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
It's not taco sauce or salsa but Matouk's Calypso sauce is fantastic. I had it the first time in Trinidad and Tobago where they eat it on everything from fried fish and rice, to chicken and pizza. You'll find it all over the West Indies and it's a scotch bonnet and mustard base sauce that's really hot. I brought some home, but was thrilled to find it on Amazon when I ran out.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He's in friggin' Hawaii!!! :laugh:
I know. I'm going to send him some as I owe him.
I don't know if he's ever had real chipotle salsa before, but he's about to!

The thing is, it is so authentically made that each jar's heat is different from every pepper batch and this is not tomato based like most store-brand salsas, it's pepper based. They're pretty much a mom&pop that's succeeding so they don't strictly regulate the heat.

Usually it's about medium. Every once in awhile it can get kinda hot.
The flavor is out of this world though, if you like how smoky the chipotle pepper is.
It's not necessarily for everybody. Like my wife thinks it's good, but she tends to go more salsa de arbol.
Why they don't advertise and sell it online I have no idea.
They should.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know. I'm going to send him some as I owe him.
I don't know if he's ever had real chipotle salsa before, but he's about to!

The thing is, it is so authentically made that each jar's heat is different from every pepper batch and this is not tomato based like most store-brand salsas, it's pepper based. They're pretty much a mom&pop that's succeeding so they don't strictly regulate the heat.

Usually it's about medium. Every once in awhile it can get kinda hot.
The flavor is out of this world though, if you like how smoky the chipotle pepper is.
It's not necessarily for everybody. Like my wife thinks it's good, but she tends to go more salsa de arbol.
Why they don't advertise and sell it online I have no idea.
They should.
I've never heard of pepper based salsa, to be honest. It sounds amazing, and I assume it doesn't get watery, like tomato salsa.