What's Your Favorite Weekend Breakfast?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
...Weekend or other wise...Oatmeal with cinnamon and honey, and then a boiled egg or two for the protein, and coffee of course! ( P.S....These days "they" are saying that Oatmeal is bad for you. I'm not listening.)

Don't listen to them oatmeal is one of the best for your health:

It is very Nutritious
rich in antioxidants
good for blood sugar control
will help lower cholesterol levels

when buying take Steel-Cut Oats it is the best choice ( takes longer time to cook)

catiii

Reaction score
Either homemade jalapeno cornbread and beans, huevos rancheros, or corned beef hash and eggs with hash browns and sausage. if I'm in the mood I outright go all Tex-Mex and do a huge plate of cheese or chicken enchiladas with arroz con frijoles.
You've never had breakfast until you've had it at The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls!!!!!!!!!!! Enchiladas are available for breakfast too as is chicken fried steak and eggs.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Either homemade jalapeno cornbread and beans, huevos rancheros, or corned beef hash and eggs with hash browns and sausage. if I'm in the mood I outright go all Tex-Mex and do a huge plate of cheese or chicken enchiladas with arroz con frijoles.
Now that sounds absolutely delectable!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've never had breakfast until you've had it at The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls!!!!!!!!!!! Enchiladas are available for breakfast too as is chicken fried steak and eggs.
That's my neck o the woods and a fine breakfast experience awaits all who enter. As well as some Slap Yo Momma Out of the Kitchen pies. They do around 6,000 pies between Thanksgiving and Christmas just on take out and that's the only place I have ever eaten where I see so many, unashamedly, having pie for breakfast. And they make bisciuits that could serve as tires on Fred Flintstone's car. Big ole fat ones.

I order pies every holiday just for me. Their apple with a slice of cheddar warmed in the oven is a fine breakfast.

Creeper

Reaction score
do you eat it plain, cream cheese?

When they are still warm and fresh, I just break pieces off and eat them with nothing on them. After a day, I will toast them and spread some butter on them. After 2 days you can use bagels as barbells.

catiii

Reaction score
That's my neck o the woods and a fine breakfast experience awaits all who enter. As well as some Slap Yo Momma Out of the Kitchen pies. They do around 6,000 pies between Thanksgiving and Christmas just on take out and that's the only place I have ever eaten where I see so many, unashamedly, having pie for breakfast. And they make bisciuits that could serve as tires on Fred Flintstone's car. Big ole fat ones.

I order pies every holiday just for me. Their apple with a slice of cheddar warmed in the oven is a fine breakfast.
Best food on the planet and I've also gotten pie for breakfast dessert!! YUM!!!!!!!! If I lived nearby I'd eat there everyday if I had the moulah. And their toast isn't toast, it's TEXAS toast!!! Thick cut from homemade yeast bread loaves!! My mouth is watering! My coffe mug from there says "A 60 year tradition" so it's an heirloom now! (They're up to 92 years now) I should've got one of the new ones too last time I was there in summer 2019 with 90 years on it.