What's your ...V i c h y s s o i s e ...in 2006!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
MC KAos said:
i got a celebration idea for TO....

ok, so he says he went to the star because god looks down on the cowboys from the open roof....
so, he goes to the middle of the field in philthy, looks up, and does some body language to indicate something like......".......anyone there?!?!?!?!?"

then he shrugs it off and walks off the field

Yeah, boy that'll be some sweet revenge on ...who?:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
abersonc said:
You are missing out.

I think you are a bit hung up on the "cold soup" part. What? Soup? Cold? No way! I hear that sort of thing from children all the time.

Open your mind ABQ and your palate will follow.

Doubtful. I actually like all kinds of soups. That is not one of them. I will leave the consumption of that particular type to others.

It is not for me. Especially in this context.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If I had to think of 1 game this year that will have a special meaning and a touch of revenge it would be the showdown with the Texans. Living in Houston that game has some down home bragging rights involved especially given the fact we lost to them in their 1st ever game. I still have scares from that game.

The Texans are considered real scrubs by most fandom definitions ...why waste your retribution on a team that obviously "upset" you guys when they beat you. You're a better team than that ...unless they just turn out to be one of those teams that "bring-it-all" when they play Dallas!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
The Texans are considered real scrubs by most fandom definitions ...why waste your retribution on a team that obviously "upset" you guys when they beat you. You're a better team than that ...unless they just turn out to be one of those teams that "bring-it-all" when they play Dallas!

Because I live in Houston and endured the embarrassment of that loss. Lastly yes the Texans realize that they have a ways to go before they become a playoff team and that Dallas game will be this town’s super bowl. It was pretty much the same when the Oilers were here. This city football teams have lived in the shadows of the Cowboys I expect the Texans to throw everything they have at us. Kubiak is from this area and also understand this cities hatred of the Cowboys

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
So then, your's would be the fact that every other franchise in the NFC East does not have to fall back on NFC champion but can claim a SuperBowl?

You asked the question, I gave a fact!:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY said:
Plain and simple, I don't like cold potato soup. I don't eat it because I don't like it. I have a choice because I can afford to have a choice. Much like your question. While there are certain things that serve as a minor irritant to me, we can afford to forgo the potato soup and leave it for others. Our franchise enjoys a rich history. There is no need to allow ourselves to be force feed anything. Especially a fancy name for cold potato soup.

I accept that response as legitimate.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
abersonc said:
You are missing out.

I think you are a bit hung up on the "cold soup" part. What? Soup? Cold? No way! I hear that sort of thing from children all the time.

Open your mind ABQ and your palate will follow.

He could also use some hot peppers in that cold soup, to balance the taste.:cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You asked the question, I gave a fact!:rolleyes:

I accept that response as legitimate.

It was of the retorical varriety. :laugh2:

Either way, it's about what happens this year, not in years past. I'm anciouse to get on with it.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I understand from an Iggles fan on a messageboard I frequent that that was quite embarassing to the Eagles org. :D

Indeed ...yet, not worthy of Vichyssoise!;)

illone

Reaction score
I'd like to at least compete with the Giants in the meadowlands this year.

Getting beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs is going to be sweet, too.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
lol you never cease to amuse me PT ;)

I agree with Dragon Cowboy...beat the Skins twice and make the playoffs.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Why? Why not a blowout?

A win like that will only spark them to say we won by luck (though, don't we say the same thing to them about the game in Dallas last year?)....

blowouts are a given and easier to get over.

losing a game you should win because of a stupid mistake is harder to bounce back from.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Because I live in Houston and endured the embarrassment of that loss. Lastly yes the Texans realize that they have a ways to go before they become a playoff team and that Dallas game will be this town’s super bowl. It was pretty much the same when the Oilers were here. This city football teams have lived in the shadows of the Cowboys I expect the Texans to throw everything they have at us. Kubiak is from this area and also understand this cities hatred of the Cowboys

I stand corrected ...you Have validated your claim sir. But if I'm not mistaking, don' they still have their samer QB?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Either way, it's about what happens this year, not in years past. I'm anciouse to get on with it.

I'm anxious to get things rolling too.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
illone said:
I'd like to at least compete with the Giants in the meadowlands this year..

Did the Giants sweep you in 2005. Better question ...did anyone in the NFC-East ..."not" get swept by more than one team (good research stuff)?

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I knew someone would finally get around to asking that question.

Most Eagle fans I've spoken to are eager to simply gain some respect back from the NFC-East, and the NFL in general. However, i would be remiss if I didn't mention that my Vichyssoise is probably going to be a little unexpected by most of you.

I'd like the Eagles to send out a strong message to the "Media." The media places too many labels on players, and situations that bring "bad press" situations upon the Eagles, certain key players, Eagle managerial decisions and other components. In short, they've gotten away with far too many implications that are unwarranted.
That said, my Vichyssoise would be preceeded by heavy Ordourves in the form of Cowboys, Giants, and Commanders sweeps in 2005. That's about as honest as I can bring it!

Let me guess who caused all that drama?? why don't you just say it??:D

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
...the entire NFC-East opponents from an Eagles perspective!:cool:

that's not what I was looking for but I'll accept it.......:D

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
1fisher said:
that's not what I was looking for but I'll accept it.......:D

I'm only one Eagles fan here ...I'm sure there are many others in my fandom that is more than capable of giving you the Vichyssoise dish you "were looking for!";)