When Dallas Released Carter they took the heart of the team out of the players

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Imagine for a second your a Cowboys Player from Last season , you felt good about the things you did last year, you liked the momentum you had going into this year.

You go into training camp one morning and you find out that the guy who lead you to the playoffs , your starting qb ,team captain and leader has just been cut .

Rumors abound.

After getting over the intial stages of Shock , You then realize that the starting qb is the NEW old guy your team just signed. Some guy you remember when you were 8 years old . You look at him at training camp and you say ...man is this guy going to lead us to the super bowl? Quickly the old qb gets the name GRANPA , many players make fun of his age . Its hard not to , this qb plays old , throws old and moves old . But your stuck , your Qb from last year who had the great throwing arm , the atheltic moves to get out of trouble and to pick up first downs with his legs when needed is gone .

Now you got some old guy , some NEW old guy calling the shots out there .

You have your doubts . nOW YOUR 2-2 , AND YOU cant help to think how things would be different if you still had Quincy .

good potential that this is the stupid post of the week

David

Mash

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
HES OUr BEST BET FOR 8-8 , i agree with that.

but to me Parcells is wasting a chance to mature romo or Hensonfor next year.

Parcells said last year im not looking for a qb to make us 8-8 , but thats just what he got in Free Vinny.

We can't believe what Parcells says anymore.....players looked awesome in training camp. Parcells praised them....we got our hopes up.....Bill cuts them.

Eddie is playing....enough said about playing the best player crap. Eddie must look great in the shower.

We cut Carter but bring players in with off field issues.

Our offence gameplan is based on protecting our QB who at best will not duplicate the same record that Carter did last year.

What Parcells did last year was magnificant....a great coaching job.

This year we pick up ex-parcell players......KJ only being the difference maker IMHO.

We throw out bonus money to Wiley and Eddie and overpay for Vinny....(yes Vinny.....no other clubs were going to sign a 40 year old QB for 5 mil) Damn incentives.....you don't throw incentives like that around especially with a QB like Carter starting.

Have we ever heard of league minimum.

The money we wasted on character players.....we could of had a above average CB (Winfield).....maybe even a Kearse.....give me one very good player over 3 average players anyday.

By the looks of it.....Jerry and Bill....made the moves for us to be 8-8....so much for believing in what Bill says.

I think Bill is a hell of a coach....I just stopped drinking the koolaide

The team got older not better.

The bright side....Vinny's only here for one year hopefully....so is Eddie.....we will eat Wiley's contract.

Future looks bright if we hit on our draft picks and both Julius and Henson become the players we would like to think they will be.

Its hard watching the Boys this year....Vinny and Eddie leading your offence.....sure is hard to get use to.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carter, Vinny... it makes no difference. Our offense is still stinky-pooh. I don't look for it to improve much over the course of the season.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Funny this post comes after we struggle...... No quincy Carter posts when Vinny is throwing for 300 plus yards.. What Vinny is a real professional QB.. Vinny did not make Witten fumble, Vinny did not get stuffed on 4rth and 1 twice.... yes he had a terrible game but he's still better than Quincy!

Mash

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
Funny this post comes after we struggle...... No quincy Carter posts when Vinny is throwing for 300 plus yards.. What Vinny is a real professional QB.. Vinny did not make Witten fumble, Vinny did not get stuffed on 4rth and 1 twice.... yes he had a terrible game but he's still better than Quincy!

Hmmm....could be worse...

Carter got bashed even when he was lightened it up the first few games of the season last year.

hehe.

Vinny isn't the future....he is exactly the QB Bill said he wouldn't get...a 8-8 QB.

Parcells thought he could rely on his defence.....he forgot to look at the game tapes and realize that the defence wasn't as good as their ranking.

All we did was change the bus driver....now we got one closer to his pension.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
sleeping%20angel.jpg

Wake me when Carter retires...ZZZZZZZZ....

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
No, he meant wake me when the Eagles win the SB because I need a good nap ;)
LOL thanks for the help while I was away HeavyHitta31. Thats exactly what I meant.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
strolling through, itchy trigger finger, looking for the chance to use a weapon from my newly acquired moderator arsenal

Actually, you have all been pretty cool in this thread...I am amazed...but like I've always said, "Best Cowboy Site on the Internet"...well done boys and girls.

Now, that said...Quincy Quincy Quincy...I was glad to see him go...sigh of relief...and then what happens???? The Jets sign him....right in my back yard...almost literally...

The Jet's train at a campus 5 minutes from my house...

There's NO GETTING AWAY FROM THIS GUY!!!

reaching for my pencil stash

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Mash said:
Hmmm....could be worse...

Carter got bashed even when he was lightened it up the first few games of the season last year.

hehe.

Vinny isn't the future....he is exactly the QB Bill said he wouldn't get...a 8-8 QB.

Parcells thought he could rely on his defence.....he forgot to look at the game tapes and realize that the defence wasn't as good as their ranking.

All we did was change the bus driver....now we got one closer to his pension.

This is really an interesting post to me. In fact, this is really everything that I see as an issue with Carter and his time in Dallas. I never felt like he was any good. I never felt like he played very well for any length of time. I never felt as if he should have been an NFL starting QB.

This is nothing personel twords Carter and in truth, it never has been for me. I thought that Carter was a good prospect coming out of Georgia. I thought he should have been a 4th or 5th round project/developement QB. It did not work out that way. He was a 2nd round pick and really thrust into the starting position. None of this was the fault of Carter. Having said that, the guy was not ready and he didn't produce. He was very slow to develope and was, IMO, really never consistant. They way I look at it, this player never should have been in the position he was in but then again, he got a chance that really nobody I've ever seen has gotten in Pro Football. It balances out. He had a chance, he couldn't get it done. EOS.

"Carter got bashed even when he was lightened it up the first few games of the season last year."

This is it in a nut shell. People are going to remember what they want. Those who hold onto this "Carter was good" line of thought are going to remember what they want but perhaps not what was actually true. I posted Carter's first 4 games of last year on another thread. Only one was really any good IMO but that's not what gets remembered. Vinnie is the 12th ranked QB in the NFL right now. He may tank before it's all said and done with but at this point, there is no way you can look at his play and say he is not at least decent. Vinnie is convenient and that's sad. It's sad because this guy really is a stand up kinda guy and he's probably handling this situation with about as much class as is possible. He's playing well, especially under the circumstances, and all we have to say about him is that he sucks. We deserve much worse then Vinnie and Vinnie deserve much better from some of you.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
StarKist said:
pencils.jpg

Please allow me to help.

*L*

Rank amateur...I go through that many pencils before you even wake up in the morning...