When did Cowboys fans get so gutless

shabazz

Reaction score
What a stupid post. 26 years of fail. And you think people in here give a rip about the competition this team has to beat to be successful? Nobody gives two craps. Just win.

i could give one big crap cut on the bias

The Natural

Reaction score
So that winning the division and making the playoffs actually means something more than beating crappy teams. I don’t pretend to want the toughest path for the Cowboys-I would literally embrace it. If they got drilled a bunch, then they would deserve it.
The majority of us just want to see this team win something meaningful. How they do it is just theatre, we don't give a damn.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have Dak under contract. Bobby Wagner will help the D a ton. Dallas should go after him!

Blitzen

Reaction score
The majority of us just want to see this team win something meaningful. How they do it is just theatre, we don't give a damn.

My thoughts are that a Super Bowl won by playing backups and d-level talent would not mean that much to me. I don’t want a trophy given to a turd, even if it’s my turd.

Blackrain

Reaction score
My thoughts are that a Super Bowl won by playing backups and d-level talent would not mean that much to me. I don’t want a trophy given to a turd, even if it’s my turd.

This is a ridiculous thread.

First off you play who is on the schedule whether you like it or not whether they're good or not.

If we were lucky enough to make it to the super bowl we would play a team who played all the teams on their schedule Good bad or indifferent and that's just the way it is.

Along with the fact that players get traded back and forth between the NFC and AFC all the time The cowboys have no control of that and there's no way to set it up so we play the absolute most difficult competition at all times.

We play who we play and it is what it is and if we're very lucky we have some good football to watch and that's about all you can hope for at this point with what we have in the front office

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First off you play who is on the schedule whether you like it or not whether they're good or not.

If we were lucky enough to make it to the super bowl we would play a team who played all the teams on their schedule Good bad or indifferent and that's just the way it is.

Along with the fact that players get traded back and forth between the NFC and AFC all the time The cowboys have no control of that and there's no way to set it up so we play the absolute most difficult competition at all times.

We play who we play and it is what it is and if we're very lucky we have some good football to watch and that's about all you can hope for at this point with what we have in the front office

Blitzen

Reaction score
Calm down, He-Man.

Cowboys fans have, rightly, lost confidence in the front office. Any advantage that comes the Cowboys way is seen as an opportunity, by some.

Personally, I don't think Wilson staying or leaving matters one bit. What's been holding the Cowboys back is internal, and not going anywhere.

The Jones family is this teams main liability, no argument there. My general thought is that I cannot understand the desire to face weak or weaker competition. One less good QB in the conference weakens the overall conference potential contender list.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It really is. Calling out other fans for being gutless....come on.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It really is. Calling out other fans for being gutless....come on.

The whole thread is just absolutely senseless to me because no fans have any control over who we play or who gets traded from conference to conference.

The whole thing is just a nonsensical waste of time. Just an exercise in negativity and who really needs that

Blitzen

Reaction score

Of course, but why cheer for lesser competition? Our preference should be facing and beating the best competition. That was my argument.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Like the NFCE back in the day. The team that emerges from that division to make a run will be battle tested.

That was the NFC West this season. Dallas lost to the 2nd and 3rd place teams, while the 1st place team won the SB.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Of course, but why cheer for lesser competition? Our preference should be facing and beating the best competition. That was my argument.

The competition changes every year many teams that are perceived to be greater competition turn out to be a bust and other teams that are thought to be a pushover turn out to have great seasons.

Nobody can really speculate accurately on what the competition is going to be until the season gets rolling and we see what teams are all about.