When did Cowboys fans get so gutless

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Denver took a major gamble, I think wilson is a good QB but 2 1st rd picks, 2 nd rd picks, a 5th and 3 players (QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Denver took a major gamble, I think wilson is a good QB but 2 1st rd picks, 2 nd rd picks, a 5th and 3 players (QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris)
The team with a true Franchise QB wins or makes the SB.........
They are not going to miss those picks.......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The team with a true Franchise QB wins or makes the SB.........
They are not going to miss those picks.......

We will see I think Wilson is good, but I would not give up everything Denver gave to get Wilson 33 year old QB who went 6-8 last season and a FA after 2023.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Follow up question. Let’s say we replace the other team’s rosters with d level talent at the most critical position in football and the Cowboys finally make it back to the Super Bowl, but only have to face the backup QB because the AFC team lost their own starter at the end of the AFC championship game (and squeak out a SB win).

Cowboys fans should care about beating the best teams playing their best players who are playing their best ball. Results matter more when you have actually accomplished something. I cheer for the squad, but why get excited because I could beat up a toddler?
Don’t care who we face as long as we win.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This Russell Wilson news is being met with too many people excited to see a great QB leave the Cowboy’s conference. Who cares about advancing further in the playoffs when there are much fewer actual contenders? We should want the best and greatest competition in our division and conference-AND STILL beat the other teams.

What is also interesting is how many people think that somehow the Broncos have already lost the trade with the multiple first and second round picks given up along with Noah Fant. Russell may be older and a bit slower than he used to be, but he is still an extremely dangerous pocket passer with enough ability to buy time when looking downfield. He has excellent touch and exceptional decision making.

What is also interesting is how much team’s with excellent front office personnel are willing to give up to greatly upgrade the QB position. If you think Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, and John Elway are pretty good QB evaluators-then you should completely understand this trade from the Bronco’s perspective. They feel strongly that Russell Wilson is way better than anything in the draft this year and improves their chances at winning something meaningful in the next several years.

This is just another all in move that MAY backfire. But the Broncos are shooting their shot like LA did last season. Winners gamble with the cards dealt or exchange them but can honestly assess their own cards and somebody else’s.

Oh my... you mean the Broncos have the guts to get an all pro type QB when their QBs suck?? Wow, what guts they have. The Rams traded a QB they hated for a qb that many felt could win a SB but he played for the terrible Lions for a decade..... again, what an all in type move.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys are stuck with Dak for many years to come. At least for the next 5-6 years at minimum. They're not going to keep restructuring Dak's contract and have another QB play. And they can't not restructure his contract. That's not even an option.

Cutting or trading him now would mean at least $53 million cap hit. So, yes, they are stuck with him.

Creeper

Reaction score
This Russell Wilson news is being met with too many people excited to see a great QB leave the Cowboy’s conference. Who cares about advancing further in the playoffs when there are much fewer actual contenders? We should want the best and greatest competition in our division and conference-AND STILL beat the other teams.

What is also interesting is how many people think that somehow the Broncos have already lost the trade with the multiple first and second round picks given up along with Noah Fant. Russell may be older and a bit slower than he used to be, but he is still an extremely dangerous pocket passer with enough ability to buy time when looking downfield. He has excellent touch and exceptional decision making.

What is also interesting is how much team’s with excellent front office personnel are willing to give up to greatly upgrade the QB position. If you think Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, and John Elway are pretty good QB evaluators-then you should completely understand this trade from the Bronco’s perspective. They feel strongly that Russell Wilson is way better than anything in the draft this year and improves their chances at winning something meaningful in the next several years.

This is just another all in move that MAY backfire. But the Broncos are shooting their shot like LA did last season. Winners gamble with the cards dealt or exchange them but can honestly assess their own cards and somebody else’s.

Maybe I am in the minority but Russell Wilson has not impressed me lately. I would never have given up all those picks and players for him.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe I am in the minority but Russell Wilson has not impressed me lately. I would never have given up all those picks and players for him.
His full body of work is pretty impressive.Seattle, this year was horrible.Russel, w/ Denver has a chance to do some good things.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Russ was a cowboy last year, Dallas is minimum in NFC title game. He is so much better than 4 at playing QB its sad.

Giving up 4 high draft picks smells of desperation at minimum your next two drafts will be mediocre

Flamma

Reaction score
Cutting or trading him now would mean at least $53 million cap hit. So, yes, they are stuck with him.

We have to hope he's at the top of his game. Because it's only getting worse. His cap hit is 50M for 2023. They have to restructure. Then give him a contract extension after that. No choice.