When did we become a team of individuals?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2368536 said:
Let's assume I implied anything even remotely similar to that.

Right. Give credit to everyone except the main cause. Jerry has 3 SBs as a GM. How many do you have? How many do other comparable GMs have?

Oh yeah, that's right. They belong to Jimmy. Nice hypocrisy. Gotcha.

If you really think Jerry built the Super Bowl teams then you really are delusional. :laugh2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Smith22;2368552 said:
You mean the guy who owned us during that Superbowl run in the 90's? Wait, I know, that doesn't count because Jimmy was here right? If I remember correctly, he also brought in guys like Deion and Haley, who weren't exactly known as team players......

Keep beating the dead horse...........

Wasn't Haley the same guy who peed all over one of his SF teammate's car? Which ultimately got him kicked out?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Bach;2368584 said:
If you really think Jerry built the Super Bowl teams then you really are delusional. :laugh2:

What I think is probably way over your head. It's also irrelevant to how hypocritical you are.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2368193 said:
Coach Parcells leaving is what did it. Installing Phillips who allows people to "be themselves" and "men to be men" is exactly what has slowly allowed the mentality he tried so hard to install deteriorate.

Yep. At least no one around the Ranch has to walk on egg shells anymore. That's the important thing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bach;2368666 said:
Yep. At least no one around the Ranch has to walk on egg shells anymore.

And that includes the general manager also.

Tractor1

Reaction score
RainMan;2367724 said:
So what's the deal now?

I would put forth that this team's inability to persevere through difficult times (dating back to the Parcells era) shows a lack of character. Character is difined as doing what's right because it's right. The definition presupposes two things.

One is there's an absolute standard from which to define right and wrong. People of character don't make up the rules as they go along. They don't ask, "what's right for me?" They ask what's right. They believe there's a standard to which all are accountable.

Another is the ability and willingness to adhere to those standards. Agreeing with the rules of a game is one thing. Playing by those rules is entirely different.

People of character are not against personal fulfillment and the achievement of set goals, but their priorities are different. Self control takes precedent.

I've not seen much of the above modeled in the Cowboy organization, from top to bottom, for some time.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2368536 said:
Let's assume I implied anything even remotely similar to that.

Right. Give credit to everyone except the main cause. Jerry has 3 SBs as a GM. How many do you have? How many do other comparable GMs have?

Oh yeah, that's right. They belong to Jimmy. Nice hypocrisy. Gotcha.

How long are you and others going to live the early nineties? They are nothing but fond memories now. What I do remember of course.:)

silver

Reaction score
Tractor1;2369072 said:
I would put forth that this team's inability to persevere through difficult times (dating back to the Parcells era) shows a lack of character. Character is difined as doing what's right because it's right. The definition presupposes two things.

One is there's an absolute standard from which to define right and wrong. People of character don't make up the rules as they go along. They don't ask, "what's right for me?" They ask what's right. They believe there's a standard to which all are accountable.

Another is the ability and willingness to adhere to those standards. Agreeing with the rules of a game is one thing. Playing by those rules is entirely different.

People of character are not against personal fulfillment and the achievement of set goals, but their priorities are different. Self control takes precedent.

I've not seen much of the above modeled in the Cowboy organization, from top to bottom, for some time.

excelent post. :bow:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2369169 said:
How long are you and others going to live the early nineties? They are nothing but fond memories now. What I do remember of course.:)

I'm not living in the early nineties. I can't speak for anyone else.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2369169 said:

More like 'distort the early 90's'. It's amusing some of these guys' revisionist history.