When did your favorite show Jump the Shark?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Breaking bad Series should have ended with Hanks death.
They would've killed Hank, kidnapped Jesse and stole WW's money and got away?

According to the JTS theory you could say it jumped when Jesse Plemmons killed the young boy during the billion dollar P2P heist

timb2

Reaction score
Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman when they had the bionic German Shepard.They jumped the shark then.

Charlie's Angels-When Kate Jackson left. Cheryl Ladd replaced Farrah Fawcett was a hit but Cheryl Ladd did a good job,but when Kate Jackson left Shelly Hack or Tonya Roberts couldn't fill the bill.

Three's Company when Suzanne Sommers left the 2nd time.

Dukes of Hazard those replacement cousins for Bo and Luke.

Planet of the Apes original movies-when Corneilus and Zira came to present Earth .The first 2 movies were good,but the other 3 were bad. Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes were worth watching.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NFL jumped the shark years ago when they introduced the wearing of pink uniform items to "raise awareness" breast cancer. What it really raised was a bunch of money for different entities that spent very little on the cause. What I've learned about different charities and other "non-profits" is that it's mostly about raking in donations and kicking a few coins down at the cause. Wounded Warriors was exposed to this a few years back. There are some good ones out there, but they're usually not ones that you'll see on TV because they're not wasting money on marketing.

To top it off, that year opened the door for all of the BS we see now in the NFL (especially primetime games). The NFL is now about social issues/awareness and you have dickheads like Bob Costa spouting off about gun control.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman when they had the bionic German Shepard.They jumped the shark then.

Charlie's Angels-When Kate Jackson left. Cheryl Ladd replaced Farrah Fawcett was a hit but Cheryl Ladd did a good job,but when Kate Jackson left Shelly Hack or Tonya Roberts couldn't fill the bill.

Three's Company when Suzanne Sommers left the 2nd time.

Dukes of Hazard those replacement cousins for Bo and Luke.

Planet of the Apes original movies-when Corneilus and Zira came to present Earth .The first 2 movies were good,but the other 3 were bad. Planet of the Apes and Beneath the Planet of the Apes were worth watching.
I can't believe Farrah was only on for one season....... I had the epic poster

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The NFL jumped the shark years ago when they introduced the wearing of pink uniform items to "raise awareness" breast cancer. What it really raised was a bunch of money for different entities that spent very little on the cause. What I've learned about different charities and other "non-profits" is that it's mostly about raking in donations and kicking a few coins down at the cause. Wounded Warriors was exposed to this a few years back. There are some good ones out there, but they're usually not ones that you'll see on TV because they're not wasting money on marketing.

To top it off, that year opened the door for all of the BS we see now in the NFL (especially primetime games). The NFL is now about social issues/awareness and you have dickheads like Bob Costa spouting off about gun control.
The Dallas Snowflakes vs the Philly SJWs........ winner plays the NE Triggers in the Safe Space Bowl

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Friends- when Ross married Emily(said I do Rachel)

Cosby Show- became all about Raven Simone

The Flintstones- added Gazoo

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Friends- when Ross married Emily(said I do Rachel)

Cosby Show- became all about Raven Simone

The Flintstones- added Gazoo

I won't deny it. I like Friends.

Season 4 was the last good season IMO, and you just described the finale.

Upvote

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
True Detective jumped in the finale of Season One....... a perfect show was ruined by some other-world nonsense when Rust saw the wormhole and said he talked to his dead daughter

Season Two was worth watching but the story was weak and it was hard to take VVaughn serious

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Dallas Snowflakes vs the Philly SJWs........ winner plays the NE Triggers in the Safe Space Bowl
:lmao:

And absolutely no actual scoring is to be recorded to ensure everyone's a winner at the end. Also, in the spirit of inclusiveness, the referees will wear rainbow colored shirts/fedoras and after every play, both teams will be encouraged to group hug before walking back to their respective huddles.

timb2

Reaction score
I can't believe Farrah was only on for one season....... I had the epic poster
I had the Farrah poster too. I had all three but Cheryl Ladd I fell in love with and had her poster and Farrah came down. Daisey Duke and Barbi Benton were also on my wall as a kid.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Not my "favorite" show, but Prison Break got super DUMB after season 2. Season One he goes to prison and they all escape at the end. Season two they are one the run. Season three is when he's back in some prison in Panama, and it's just STUPID. It's like they just kept trying to extend a story that really should have ended after they safely made it to Panama, and the story itself got complicated with all kinds of dumb conspiracies against the brothers. They completely killed what started off as a good story.

morasp

Reaction score
Can a show jump the shark after one season?
Not a favorite by any means but Kevin Can Wait, after one year they actually say they're out of ideas, kill off the wife/mother, bring in Leah Remini and make it King of Queens with Children. Oh and Remini should sue her plastic surgeon.

I didn't finish this years first episode of that show. I did watch Man with a plan yesterday and cracked up all the way through. It seemed funnier than last year. Kevin Nealon and Stacy Keach are really funny too.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Not a TV show, but the band Kiss jumped the shark when they came out with the disco song "I was made for loving you" on that awful Dynasty album.