When do we enter the Richard Sherman discussion?

yentl911

Reaction score
Sherman is done. He’s beat up and a shell of his former self

awesome talent in the day and I loved the passion he brought to the field

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
There were rumors last week that the Vikings were close to signing him, then nothing happened. If he goes another week without being signed, does Dallas start making overtures? I would like him on a 2 year deal along with Kazee. Gives us even more flexibility with our first round pick.

You're another one that sees Sherman as what he was once and not what he's been lately. He hasn't played an entire 16 game seasons since 2016. Since then he's had picks of 1, ZERO, 3 and 1 or 5 in 4 years. The talks with the vikings could have fallen through because Sherman thinks he still the Sherman of 2013 and vikings see what he's done for the last 4 years. He's not that great anymore.

king987

Reaction score
Unless he can play FS what’s the point
Just draft a CB at 10 and fix the position for 5 years at less money

Don't disagree. If they sign Sherman to a cheap enough deal I wouldn't mind having his leadership in a young DBs core. But, I do prefer your route.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sherman can still play at high level for a couple more years, don’t kid yourselves. He’s a veteran presence that brings immediate respect and credibility.

Funny his numbers for the last 4 years just don't show that. 5 picks in the last 4 years and 3 of those picks were tipped balls at the line of scrimmage, a completion percentage of 59% over the last 4 years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Don't disagree. If they sign Sherman to a cheap enough deal I wouldn't mind having his leadership in a young DBs core. But, I do prefer your route.

All he would teach young DB's is how to whine and complain. He's not the type of leader teams look for.. He's complained at both Seattle and the 49ers. He's not a team type of guy, he's a me me type of guy.

coult44

Reaction score
Let's get the over the hill gang 2.0 going here in Dallas. Bring in Sherman, Thomas, resign Aldon Smith, get a few more in. They'll probably be better than what we have now. :)

The age thing is over rated. Bucs won the super bowl with one of the oldest rosters in the league

RamziD

Reaction score
Funny his numbers for the last 4 years just don't show that. 5 picks in the last 4 years and 3 of those picks were tipped balls at the line of scrimmage, a completion percentage of 59% over the last 4 years.
CB is more than getting INTs. He still doesn’t get thrown at much and when he does he allows around a 50% completion rate.

Sherman (2018-2020) allowed 65/105 completed passes which is 57.1%

Kyle Fuller (2019-2020) allowed 109/175 completed passes which is 62.2%

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score
CB is more than getting INTs. He still doesn’t get thrown at much and when he does he allows around a 50% completion rate.

Sherman (2018-2020) allowed 65/105 completed passes which is 57.1%

Kyle Fuller (2019-2020) allowed 109/175 completed passes which is 62.2%

Typo: Sherman had 60/105 passes completed against him

Verdict

Reaction score
There were rumors last week that the Vikings were close to signing him, then nothing happened. If he goes another week without being signed, does Dallas start making overtures? I would like him on a 2 year deal along with Kazee. Gives us even more flexibility with our first round pick.
That would be almost as bad as bringing Jason Witten back—again. No thanks. I’ll completely pass.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ignore Dallas and ask yourself what RS wants.

My guess is in some order:
Largest pay day possible as it may be his last million dollar deal ever.
Starting spot GTD.
Stay as close to Cali as possible.
Scheme that allows him to play Cover 1/3.

All in all only the last of those 4 makes much sense in Dallas.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Disgusting to see people don’t like Sherman to the point of insulting him because he speaks his opinion on important matters. They’re much worse people than he is.
And that group doesn't realize how they're outing themselves....it's always hilarious how tone deaf some of these comments are.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whenever Mr. Sherman comes down sufficiently in price! That's my first guess. :grin: