When does the local media turn on Jerry?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I really don't think some fans understand the media at all.

They do not care if the Cowboys win or lose. They do not care if Cowboys fans are happy or angry.

The media cares about market reach .. that's it.

If the Cowboys are winning, Cowboys fans will watch and read a lot more media about the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys are losing, Cowboys haters will watch and read a lot more media about the Cowboys.

Fans are passionate about the Cowboys. Outside of the Dallas Cowboys organization, the media does not care.
Great post

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Viewership means everything and until that changes, the Cowboys will remain the top franchise in the world.
No doubt but not the argument.

It’s why the media is so bad and if/when the metro will turn their eyes to the rangers. I think they already have based on the parade attendance.

ICP

Reaction score
Good grief, it's been 28 years and they haven't (with the exception of a few) why would they now? He'll continue to run the team into irrelevance until he's 6 feet under.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I know it’s not local media, but did anyone else find Greg Olsen insufferable today. First of all, the terrible calls for eagles wouldn’t comment on. Calls for us hed be like yeah I don’t see much. Secondly there was like 4 minutes in the game and he was hammering home the idea that Dallas shouldn’t go for it all in one possession but instead break it up into 2 possessions. How does anyone think 4 minutes is enough time to do that. It was sooo irritating to listen to. Fox’s A team is really bad.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know it’s not local media, but did anyone else find Greg Olsen insufferable today. First of all, the terrible calls for eagles wouldn’t comment on. Calls for us hed be like yeah I don’t see much. Secondly there was like 4 minutes in the game and he was hammering home the idea that Dallas shouldn’t go for it all in one possession but instead break it up into 2 possessions. How does anyone think 4 minutes is enough time to do that. It was sooo irritating to listen to. Fox’s A team is really bad.
Olsen is a D-Bag, he hates Dallas as much as Shady.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Never, they love access. Even if it's access to consistent failure.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I really don't think some fans understand the media at all.

They do not care if the Cowboys win or lose. They do not care if Cowboys fans are happy or angry.

The media cares about market reach .. that's it.

If the Cowboys are winning, Cowboys fans will watch and read a lot more media about the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys are losing, Cowboys haters will watch and read a lot more media about the Cowboys.

Fans are passionate about the Cowboys. Outside of the Dallas Cowboys organization, the media does not care.
Ill be doing my part to never click a link with the cowboys name in it. And will be illegally streaming their games the rest of the year. Im done

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You guys really need to read the Dallas Morning News. They have been bashing Jethro for 3 decades.

The Star Telegram in Ft Worth has done their share as well.

Radio personalities and local tv anchors made a living on calling him out.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Anyone remember that one reporter, forgot his name, that questioned Jerry about being GM and Jerry was clearly irritated. I don't he ever covered the Cowboys again after that interview

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s clear that the metroplex can and will change their attention to the teams that win.

The rangers just did and are primed to win a lot more. The owner is committed to winning and spent the money needed to get in a position to compete. You know as well as I do that Jerry hated seeing the rangers win.

You’ve already seen a ton more apathy toward the cows this week alone based off losing to a rival. When will the media start calling out the cowboys for being a joke of a franchise? Will it ever happen?

The cowboys will always have support from the very blue collar tailgate type crowds and fans in other cities who spend their paychecks to see them, but the money and folks that pay for the nice seats will shift their eyes to Globe Life.

The media needs to do their jobs and start shaking the tree.
never....and when they do, he makes a few token moves. they all start writing how great he is. he will get in front of a microphone and talk his usual BS. and wash, rinse, repeat. this is year 28 of the same thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Locally fans have done their part. The TV viewership is one of the lowest for home NFL teams hovering close to 30% at times when the average is well over 40% viewership .

There are many markets around the country which have viewership as high or higher for the Cowboys than the Dallas market .

And season ticket holders broker out their tickets . Unfortunately with all of the record migration from other states those fans are bringing their fandom with them and how the stadium has so many opposing fans .

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The guys who used to call him out like Galloway and Hansen and Reeves are all gone now. There are a few bit players like Mac Engel, but he's so irrelevant (and *****es about everything else constantly) that nobody cares.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the media some must be referring to is the National Media and Cowboys own media which drives info on their website like Mickey and others .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys really need to read the Dallas Morning News. They have been bashing Jethro for 3 decades.

The Star Telegram in Ft Worth has done their share as well.

Radio personalities and local tv anchors made a living on calling him out.
Aside from Dale Hansen, how many and how often have any of those specified media sources, stated in print or in direct interviews to Jones, that he is either: a) unqualified as a general manager or b) should immediately remove himself from general manager duties? I would enjoy a print example if you can recall one, so I can review what and when the public message was made.

However, please do not post any links for the Dallas Morning News since CowboysZone cannot legally have their content read here. Instead, I would appreciate some Google references to do a search.

I am certain local media has been critical of Jones. What I am interested in is how anyone has straight out told him publicly their opinion is that he has been unfit as general manager, anytime since the franchse won its final Super Bowl to the present.