When does the local media turn on Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When’s the last time fans here picked up a local paper or went on line to read them?

Has anyone else read Cowlishaw and Moores columns this morning in DMN’s. Unfortunately we aren’t allowed to share or link them in this forum.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Aside from Dale Hansen, how many and how often have any of those specified media sources, stated in print or in direct interviews to Jones, that he is either: a) unqualified as a general manager or b) should immediately remove himself from general manager duties? I would enjoy a print example if you can recall one, so I can review what and when the public message was made.

However, please do not post any links for the Dallas Morning News since CowboysZone cannot legally have their content read here. Instead, I would appreciate some Google references to do a search.

I am certain local media has been critical of Jones. What I am interested in is how anyone has straight out told him publicly their opinion is that he has been unfit as general manager, anytime since the franchse won its final Super Bowl to the present.
Unfortunately you have to listen to them live on their broadcast and unfortunately we can’t link or quote the DMN.

The simple fact many fans in this forum don’t read or hear them tells me they aren’t tuned into local media which there is access online with minimal subscription if they don’t have access to picking up a paper or tuning into local broadcast .

The fact they haven’t heard them doesn’t mean don’t exist. Possibly they don’t take the time to look for them , IDK.

No doubt though some of the more louder voices and harshest critics have retired like Galloway, Hansen and others but that narrative still lives on with local beat writers and radio and TV broadcasters along with being deeply seeded amongst fans .

And why Jethro remains the most hated sports personality in DFW area while the Cowboys are most loved franchise.

You won’t find direct interviews with Jethro. He’d never allow. But if you follow these local writers and personalities almost daily as I have for decades you will pick up on the criticism and narrative .

Last edited:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I mean who LIKES Jerry? No one.

He’s not going anywhere, it’s really useless

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately you have to listen to them live on their broadcast and unfortunately we can’t link or quote the DMN.

The simple fact many fans in this forum don’t read or hear them tells me they aren’t tuned into local media which there is access online with minimal subscription if they don’t have access to picking up a paper or tuning into local broadcast .

The fact they haven’t heard them doesn’t mean don’t exist. Possibly they don’t take the time to look for them , IDK.

No doubt though some of the more louder voices and harshest critics have retired like Galloway, Hansen and others but that narrative still lives on with local beat writers and radio and TV broadcasters along with being deeply seeded amongst fans .

And why Jethro remains the most hated sports personality in DFW area while the Cowboys are most loved franchise.
Okay. Thanks.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas media is soft. They're a bunch of vajeens. They'll never actually call Jerry on his BS. It's annoying.
You must not be listening to or reading responses from the Dallas sports media. Local radio station ”The Ticket” call JJ out weekly for his poor results. Tim Cowlishaw, a local writer calls Jerry out frequently. Dale Hansen, the longtime Channel 8 sportscaster and Norm Hitzges, a former local radio host (both now retired) blasted Jerry constantly.

The people who need to wake up and speak up are the team’s former players and fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There was more local fans on the old or original Cowboys forum on the official Dallas Cowboys forum. And we were able to link and quote the DMN.

Homers still called me and others out for hating on our owner and the team . But that was the narrative being broadcast in local area.

The problem remains that fans overall are sending the wrong message to our ownership with record revenue .

LonnieElam

Reaction score
You must not be listening to or reading responses from the Dallas sports media. Local radio station ”The Ticket” call JJ out weekly for his poor results. Tim Cowlishaw, a local writer calls Jerry out frequently. Dale Hansen, the longtime Channel 8 sportscaster and Norm Hitzges, a former local radio host (both now retired) blasted Jerry constantly.

The people who need to wake up and speak up are the team’s former players and fans.
I legit forget the Ticket even exists. I've never intentionally listened to AM radio. If I wanted to listen to a bunch of static, I'd put my TV on channel 3.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Some have like Troy but he’s bashed by Homers . But respected around the league . Jimmy has called out the country club culture here. He’s bashed by Homers as well.

Bottomline is fans continue sending our ownership the wrong message with record revenue.

If you have the most popular and richest franchise I’d say you don’t need to change anything. At least that’s what ownership would think .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which is weird because I don’t remember the Dallas media being soft in the 90s.
They weren’t and still aren’t. Sports Day in the Dallas Morning News is still considered one of the best sports pages in the country.

It’s my first read almost every morning. And you can gain access online for a minimal subscription. I can’t imagine being a diehard Cowboy fan and not being in touch with local media .

The Ticket on radio is available online . WFAA local channel 8 is a free Ap .

No excuse except laziness not to be in touch with local vibe.