When does the NFL do this?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the next thing that will happen to create revenue for teams.
Dallas can't wear patches to honor fallen police men and women, but they will be able to tell you to buy Coke or Pepsi or what ever.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...2?siteid=nwhpf

Maybe this belong in the NFL Zone, but thought it would be interesting as a different topic from all the usual stuff.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dallas can't wear patches to honor fallen police men and women, but they will be able to tell you to buy Coke or Pepsi or what ever.

Maybe this belong in the NFL Zone, but thought it would be interesting as a different topic from all the usual stuff.

They're already wearing them on practice jerseys, so expect it to be in games very soon.

usa-today-9340526.0.jpg

links18

Reaction score
At least its not like European soccer where some Gulf State airline name is sprawled all over the front of the jersey. At least football jerseys have big numbers on the front that should prevent that atrocity from happening here.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
At least its not like European soccer where some Gulf State airline name is sprawled all over the front of the jersey. At least football jerseys have big numbers on the front that should prevent that atrocity from happening here.

CFL players have had a couple of logos on their jerseys for years. It's not a big deal for me. But yeah, "Fly Emirates" splattered across the front in place of the number would be too much.

owens-chad-940.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can reduce the size of the numbers.
Instead of name tags it will say.....Pizza Hut....since Papa John's seems on it's way put....
yes, the name tag thing won't happen but other areas it will

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
To be fair, soccer has to advertise on the field because the game doesn’t have commercial breaks.

I'd support taking the numbers off the front of Cowboys jerseys in favor of a big, fat AT&T logo if they got rid of commercial breaks. But Americans are conditioned for them, so they'd add the logos and still keep the commercials.

Soccer games are 90 minutes, and they end in 2 hours. NFL games are 60 minutes, and good luck finishing one in less than 3 hours. It's ridiculous.

Pants

Reaction score
if this ever happens, I will gladly be a sponsor for the Dallas Cowboys if they wear the patch

***FY***
Goodell

links18

Reaction score
To be fair, soccer has to advertise on the field because the game doesn’t have commercial breaks.

Yeah, well I would never buy a jersey that gives free advertising to a Gulf State airline. Never. Totally ruins fandom. I can live with a small patch here or there, but I don't want my team looking like a stock car.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd support taking the numbers off the front of Cowboys jerseys in favor of a big, fat AT&T logo if they got rid of commercial breaks. But Americans are conditioned for them, so they'd add the logos and still keep the commercials.

Soccer games are 90 minutes, and they end in 2 hours. NFL games are 60 minutes, and good luck finishing one in less than 3 hours. It's ridiculous.
Target should be our sponsor, we already have a huge Target on our back. lol

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

I was wondering why we weren't allowed to put the patches for the Dallas PD that lost their life, but Atlanta was allowed to put what they did on theirs this past week

Grevus

Reaction score
I was wondering why we weren't allowed to put the patches for the Dallas PD that lost their life, but Atlanta was allowed to put what they did on theirs this past week

I was about to say the same thing. Did Atlanta get fined for doing this? Or was it just not politically correct for us to do at that time?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It will happen soon. And wouldn't be surprised if Thursday Night Football games have the Color Rush uniforms replaced by "Sponsor-designed" uniforms. Sponsors pay for that game (ex: McDonalds and Verizon) and the teams are forced to wear special uniforms designed in their colors :laugh:

haleyrules

Reaction score
I hope never. Its disgusting. Can not stand corporate logos all over uniforms...that Nike crap is bad enough. Heck, I can't stomach corporate names on the Stadiums.

haleyrules

Reaction score
CFL players have had a couple of logos on their jerseys for years. It's not a big deal for me. But yeah, "Fly Emirates" splattered across the front in place of the number would be too much.

owens-chad-940.jpg
That looks terrible. Anything for a buck...but advertising on uniforms simply crosses the line. Its embarrassing.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Some of the NBA sponsored jerseys look pretty seamless, like the Cavs and Celtics