"When I'm gone, you'll never know I was here." -- Bill Parcells

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
The tuna's daily interviews were gold. One of the best parts of monday thru friday for cowboy fans.

I think the whole TO debacle made him realize that ownership was never going to just let him be the full time cook in the kitchen. JJ and his micromanaging ways continue to be a detriment to this teams success.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think he cost the franchise a few years of rebuilding when he focused on the 3-4 switch. He was also part of the brain trust that decided not to draft Steven Jackson and he never really made the players better around him. He was very conservative and misused players like Julius Jones and Felix Jones.

Jerry was great in bringing T.O. here, but it wasn't a good mix with Parcells. He couldn't handle him. Not sure how many coaches in the league could, but they were definitely as bad a mix as you could get. That 2007 offense was quite potent.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I think he cost the franchise a few years of rebuilding when he focused on the 3-4 switch. He was also part of the brain trust that decided not to draft Steven Jackson and he never really made the players better around him. He was very conservative and misused players like Julius Jones and Felix Jones.

Jerry was great in bringing T.O. here, but it wasn't a good mix with Parcells. He couldn't handle him. Not sure how many coaches in the league could, but they were definitely as bad a mix as you could get. That 2007 offense was quite potent.

weird. The 3-4 switch was done in one year and they had perfect personnel for it. Signing Jason Ferguson to play the nose then drafting ware, spears, canty, to go with guys already on the roster who were a perfect fit in kenyon coleman and bradie james. in 06 they drafted hatcher and signed stephen bowen as an udfa who turned out to be excellent players. The 3-4 switch was a great move.

as far as stephen jackson goes they had a debate in the room and left it up to maurice carthon for the final vote and he said jackson, jones and the other guy who i forget were all similar. They traded out and took jones. Next year they took demarcus ware and with the pick they took spears. Imagine if they took Rodgers? That is the player that was missed.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
weird. The 3-4 switch was done in one year and they had perfect personnel for it. Signing Jason Ferguson to play the nose then drafting ware, spears, canty, to go with guys already on the roster who were a perfect fit in kenyon coleman and bradie james. in 06 they drafted hatcher and signed stephen bowen as an udfa who turned out to be excellent players. The 3-4 switch was a great move.

as far as stephen jackson goes they had a debate in the room and left it up to maurice carthon for the final vote and he said jackson, jones and the other guy who i forget were all similar. They traded out and took jones. Next year they took demarcus ware and with the pick they took spears. Imagine if they took Rodgers? That is the player that was missed.

It certainly wasn't done in a year. The team struggled to get key players at multiple positions and had no depth for years.

If you combined Romo and Jackson, this team would have won a super bowl. Jackson is our worst draft decision since Randy Moss followed by not drafting TJ Watt.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Parcelling built the 06 and 07 team which were the best Cowboys teams of the last 20 years. I thought this team had more talent than those teams to start the year.