When is it time to clean-house??

stiletto

Reaction score
We all know the talent this Cowboys team has. There are tons of players that at their position's are probably better than 90% of all others. When I watch these Cowboys it just seems that they are not a team. Not a cohesive unit that functions as a machine. I think they do try and I think they do give good effort overall, it's just that something isn't right with this group of players. It's like a squad of elite soldiers that don't like each other. In the military if problems like these exist, squads are broken up and team members are moved around to find better chemistry. Even in war however, soldiers that don't get along will die for each other in battle. It was common in Vietnam and WWII. These Cowboys are not these type soldiers for whatever reason. If they were, the whole platoon would be gone because of stupid mistakes.

Point is, when is it time to break these players up?? If you KNOW they cannot succeed in the ultimate goal even though they should easily be able to....at what point do you really consider a 50% turnover including some players we all love and would never want to see go?? I am tired of hearing that it is all coaching. Many of these players make the same mistakes no matter who is coaching them. I really feel it is soon time for new blood in Dallas. I know it would only happen if Jerry wasn't best friends with half the players and we had a real team but this season and these players are a disaster TOGETHER.... :bang2:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stiletto;3641999 said:
We all know the talent this Cowboys team has. There are tons of players that at their position's are probably better than 90% of all others.

Really? "Tons" of players on this team are top-3 at their position in the NFL? I count Austin, Witten, Ratliff and Ware. Can't really make a case for anyone else. Tons? Ridiculous.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
stiletto;3641999 said:
We all know the talent this Cowboys team has. There are tons of players that at their position's are probably better than 90% of all others.

Part of the problem is players on this team get overrated way to quickly. Maybe they aren't as good as everyone thinks

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
tomsanders921;3642017 said:
Part of the problem is players on this team get overrated way to quickly. Maybe they aren't as good as everyone thinks

Agreed. Need. Moar. Talent.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
You could have average players all over the field and be very successful if you have great offensive and defensive fronts

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jimnabby;3642004 said:
Really? "Tons" of players on this team are top-3 at their position in the NFL? I count Austin, Witten, Ratliff and Ware. Can't really make a case for anyone else. Tons? Ridiculous.

I think there's alot of top notch talent here, dont know about top 3 at all positions. But when you have the skill guys we have, the LT and C we have, the NT, OLB's and CB's we have, things should be better than 1-4.

stiletto

Reaction score
jimnabby;3642004 said:

Actually I agree with you, it just seems like the talking heads talk up our talented. I agree with those who say the team is far from as talented as everyone seems to think....they really aren't and even the ones that are top 3 aren't really doing a whole lot.

Ren

Reaction score
Our D is very overrated, we are really good at some positions and terrible at others, our secondary is just bad other then Newman, Jenkins is young and capable of playing a lot better then he is right now so i still say he's a keeper

Our OLBs are good but our MLBs are bellow average

On offense and starts and ends with the OL, the only 2 players on that line i'd like to see back is Free and Gurode

We're good enough to be much much better then 1-4 at the skill positions on offense

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I really think we are hurting on the O line an DB

O line Free is fine

Kosier I sign him to 2 years contract

Columbo - 2011: $1.9 million but at that price I keep him - tho I draft his replacement

Davis - 2011-2013: $6 million – sorry I draft his replacement also – might try and trade him

Gurode - 2011: $5.5 million, 2012: $6.5 million – Bye Bye

I think we already got a guy in Costa who can already beat him out plus is a lot cheaper 2011: $405,000, 2012: $490,000

Ball and Seny – I draft their replacements

ISLb that can cover - I draft him - a fast ISLB or a big saftey

superonyx

Reaction score
jimnabby;3642004 said:

How does 90% equal top 3?

Maybe you should try the math again. 90% of the league would mean top 10 in some position like qb where their are 3 on each team x 31 teams.

And we have enough guys in the top 10. Its not worth the time arguing about if we do or not. We each have our opinions of top 10 at each position.

However, when people say we have more talent than 90% of the league it isnt just about having superstar talent at all positions. Because no team has that. It is about averaging the talent level of all of our players and ranking that against the talent level of the other teams. And in that way we are better than 90% of the teams talent wise. You have to look at the whole roster.

It has become the cool thing to do ripping the talent level of our team.

The reality is all teams are talented enough to go 8-8. Its the coaching and execution that get the other wins that put teams in the playoffs.

To answer the OP question. We dont blow the whole thing up. You shake it up. And to do that it only takes changes from the coaching positions. The NFL has natural turnover. So in 3 years we will probably have 30-40% turnover anyway. But blowing the whole thing up is a terrible idea. These guys are all playing at this level because they are winners. They just need a winner as a coach that shows them how to win on this level. A coaching staff that sees whats the weaknesses and fixes them. Not a coaching staff that strokes egos'.

Ren

Reaction score
superonyx;3642384 said:
To answer the OP question. We dont blow the whole thing up. You shake it up. And to do that it only takes changes from the coaching positions. The NFL has natural turnover. So in 3 years we will probably have 30-40% turnover anyway. But blowing the whole thing up is a terrible idea. These guys are all playing at this level because they are winners. They just need a winner as a coach that shows them how to win on this level. A coaching staff that sees whats the weaknesses and fixes them. Not a coaching staff that strokes egos'.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, if they need to be shown how to win then they're not winners. I want a new coaching staff as much as anyone but they're not the once out there turning the ball over and committing penalty after penalty. This team is a lot of things but unless beating your self counts as a win now (Wade will probably try to put that spin on it before it's all said and done), winners is one thing you can't call them.

superonyx

Reaction score
Ren;3642528 said:
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, if they need to be shown how to win then they're not winners. I want a new coaching staff as much as anyone but they're not the once out there turning the ball over and committing penalty after penalty. This team is a lot of things but unless beating your self counts as a win now (Wade will probably try to put that spin on it before it's all said and done), winners is one thing you can't call them.

The league is full of winners. Have you achieved in your professional life what they have in theirs?

You dont make it to the NFL without being a winner.

So these players are winners.

But winning at this level takes leadership. Because the league is full of winners.

Ren

Reaction score
superonyx;3642545 said:
The league is full of winners. Have you achieved in your professional life what they have in theirs?

You dont make it to the NFL without being a winner.

So these players are winners.

But winning at this level takes leadership. Because the league is full of winners.

No the league is full of talent, being blessed with talent does not automatically make someone a winner.

burmafrd

Reaction score
O line is below average at this time; ILB is average at best; Safety is a problem. BUT the rest of the team is very talented. You do not rack up the yards and lead the league in 3rd down stops with out a lot of talent.