When is our blockbuster FA signing, Stephen?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Me beloved bland fellows, I see your comments, your downtrodden look about your big handsme faces.
Like me --- your effervescent and mirtful poster --- you have
the FA Blues.

What's that lads and lass, you can't even remember our last few FA gems uncovered and signed by Jerrphen? Washington? Worthington? ...

Yes, we are bored with the incessant offseason yak yak yak yak about FA and our needs. All hat and no action by the FO if you ask me.:angry:
And we wait, men. And we wait.

What might be holding up our summer blockbuster deal?
We have, I am told, until July 22 for our summer surprise. And to be fair, Stout Stephen never mentioned blockbuster but I inferred that. Heh.

So me huddled masses yearning to be fed, what's our blockbuster? Who do you think It'll be?
I have me own ideas https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkp0gHu23TPi57KLKKhq4btcdr85NtD0ptew&usqp=CAUcall me, but knowing Jerrphen they will go for a big name, an Odell with yellow hair on fire or a Darryl Williams for our O line.
Not based on need but for the splash.:(

Holla and be friendly.:)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Me beloved bland fellows, I see your comments, your downtrodden look about your big handsme faces.
the FA Blues.

What's that lads and lass, you can't even remember our last few FA gems uncovered and signed by Jerrphen? Washington? Worthington? ...

Yes, we are bored with the incessant offseason yak yak yak yak about FA and our needs. All hat and no action by the FO if you ask me.:angry:

We have, I am told, until July 22 for our summer surprise. And to be fair, Stout Stephen never mentioned blockbuster but I inferred that. Heh.

So me huddled masses yearning to be fed, what's our blockbuster? Who do you think It'll be?
I have me own ideas https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkp0gHu23TPi57KLKKhq4btcdr85NtD0ptew&usqp=CAUcall me, but knowing Jerrphen they will go for a big name, an Odell with yellow hair on fire or a Darryl Williams for our O line.

It is still a process

FVSTONE

Reaction score
the FA Blues.

The Cowboys had tens of millions of dollars to throw at Gregory, he's gone so where is the money, why haven't the idiots running this club signed someone who can actually help this club get deep into the playoffs???????? The RAMS are playing with funny money, have all the great players, having traded away 1st rd draft picks like they grow on trees out back their stadium and just came up with another $65 million for Donaldson, WHAT GIVES JERRY!!!!!!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
the FA Blues.

They could sign Aaron Donald and I doubt there would be much excitement as long as Dak is QB it won't matter.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What he hell kind of post is this????

You have to roll with it, I guess. I have no idea why anyone would want to talk (write) like that, but that's just his thing - trying to sound somewhat British without being British.

Now to the topic, I would say 'don't hold your breath'. In the Jerry world of 'importance' and 'relevancy', an expensive top name signing simply isn't going to happen. We might all agree that a significant signing would tell the masses that they really are interested in building a winner, but that isn't a priority and hasn't been one for many years.

JBond

Reaction score
the FA Blues.

Not a big time guy, but might be a nice add.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillDa06.htm

JBond

Reaction score
You have to roll with it, I guess. I have no idea why anyone would want to talk (write) like that, but that's just his thing - trying to sound somewhat British without being British.

Now to the topic, I would say 'don't hold your breath'. In the Jerry world of 'importance' and 'relevancy', an expensive top name signing simply isn't going to happen. We might all agree that a significant signing would tell the masses that they really are interested in building a winner, but that isn't a priority and hasn't been one for many years.
Brit? Is he? Always sounded like a drunk hick to me, but really enjoy his posts, even when I disagree.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
the FA Blues.

Seeing as how you've deemed it fitting to advocate a "blockbuster" FA signing, I feel almost absolutely certain that Stephen Jones will be positively tickled pink to the bone to adhere to your almost sincere request. If he should, perchance, neglect to cater to said hallucinations, you must feel free to utter words of an uncomplimentary nature to fittingly describe his fairly unsavory essence. I say this in full confidence that you're dutifully looking out for mankind. o_O

Last edited:

Pokes12

Reaction score
the FA Blues.

Good post. My feelings exactly. Just keep the suckers on the hook. Take no action except take their money.

LittleD

Reaction score
You guys should know the drill. Stephen is planning for all those big contracts coming down the pick in a year or two. Jerry and Stephen like their guys and they don't necessarily like to pay other teams
castoffs. They like to keep their own and let the others roam.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it the “every other year” syndrome? This team hasn’t made the playoffs in back to back in 15 years. Made the playoffs back to back in ‘06-07. Then again in 2014, ‘16, ‘18, and ‘21.

I’ve wondered on occasion if this FO takes a year off here and there. When your job isn’t on the line, it takes away a lot of the pressure to “win now”. In their mind, they always have time to fix things.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Big Mike may be in trouble. He mentioned working with Will on player acquisition and forgot to mention Booger as a voice. Was this off topic...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
the FA Blues.

Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Seeing as how you've deemed it fitting to advocate a "blockbuster" FA signing, I feel almost absolutely certain that Stephen Jones will be positively tickled pink to the bone to adhere to your almost sincere request. If he should, perchance, neglect to cater to said hallucinations, you must feel free to utter words of an uncomplimentary nature to fittingly describe his fairly unsavory essence. I say this in full confidence that you're dutifully looking out for mankind. o_O
So , we get a signing tomorrow ???
:lmao:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Recycling yer failed high school essays, I see.
Use nuance and avoid the ambiguity.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Is it the “every other year” syndrome? This team hasn’t made the playoffs in back to back in 15 years. Made the playoffs back to back in ‘06-07. Then again in 2014, ‘16, ‘18, and ‘21.

I’ve wondered on occasion if this FO takes a year off here and there. When your job isn’t on the line, it takes away a lot of the pressure to “win now”. In their mind, they always have time to fix things.
I've thought the same.

Well, maybe as they see a bad year as a jersey selling high pick superstar consolation prize. It's win-win for them.

conner01

Reaction score
The Cowboys had tens of millions of dollars to throw at Gregory, he's gone so where is the money, why haven't the idiots running this club signed someone who can actually help this club get deep into the playoffs???????? The RAMS are playing with funny money, have all the great players, having traded away 1st rd draft picks like they grow on trees out back their stadium and just came up with another $65 million for Donaldson, WHAT GIVES JERRY!!!!!!!!
Who would you sign?