When is the last time this team put it's trust in the defense

kramskoi

Reaction score
I think defense will turn things around and it will start upfront. I think getting Hardy in the lineup along with Ro and Gregory that the defense will start creating problems for opposing offense. Right now we have backups and their backups playing that is about to change.

If they can stay healthy on the d-line going forward ... I like what I see from Irving and when Gregory returns, the rotation will be much more stout. They should be fresher in the all-important final quarter of play. Ratcheting up pressure will also allow the defense more chances for negative plays and turnovers. Lots of upside once the rotation is at full strength.

That said, the running game/time of possession will enhance what they are able to do, but for that to take place, the wideouts must contribute more to keep the "men in the box" back in coverage. Without Romo and Bryant, the Cowboys have been unable to say to opposing defenses: "pick your poison". That has serious repercussions for a defense that is looking to carry the team for the next 6 weeks.