When Jimmy didn't let them eat on the plane

Flamma

Reaction score
What cracks me up is I remember the game he was talking about against the team we can't write on here. I, as a fan, can remember being furious due to the way we lost that game. So imagine Jimmy?

But no, you can't do that now. Half the team would be tweeting it, the other half would call their mothers. Except for Parsons.

rags747

Reaction score
I was so psyched when we hired Jimmy as I was getting tired of the later Landry years. We needed youth and a kickbutt attitude and Jimmy brought that in spades. Following the Miami Hurricanes in those years they just reeked of over the top attitude And I loved every minute of it. That is what he brought to Dallas!

Flamma

Reaction score
I was so psyched when we hired Jimmy as I was getting tired of the later Landry years. We needed youth and a kickbutt attitude and Jimmy brought that in spades. Following the Miami Hurricanes in those years they just reeked of over the top attitude And I loved every minute of it. That is what he brought to Dallas!
I couldn't agree more. A lot of people really didn't like this. But I was pumped up as well. At that time, just barely 20 years old, I followed college. I was excited.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you KNEW Jimmy would bring us NFL greatness?

When SO many other NCAA coaches then and now fail.

Okay. Sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't agree more. A lot of people really didn't like this. But I was pumped up as well. At that time, just barely 20 years old, I followed college. I was excited.

Okay. Sure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman must be confused.

Jerry Jones was the GM and assembled those teams.

I’ve been told that countless times around here.
By whom? Jerry himself is the only person I've heard make that claim.

Flamma

Reaction score

Okay. Sure.
No. I didn't know anything. That's why I mentioned I was 20. I followed college, but what did I know? I didn't have a lot of experience, and no internet. I was excited and really thought we'd have success. But through ignorance, not any real logic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I didn't know anything. That's why I mentioned I was 20. I followed college, but what did I know? I didn't have a lot of experience, and no internet. I was excited and really thought we'd have success. But through ignorance, not any real logic.
Okay...fair enough.

At my old age...it sounds like you were gloating on your prescience.

I am still not sure what excited you about it...but certainly not gloating! :)

NCAA coaches have a dismal record in NFL. Not sure why anyone would get super excited about it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Okay...fair enough.

At my old age...it sounds like you were gloating on your prescience.

I am still not sure what excited you about it...but certainly not gloating! :)

NCAA coaches have a dismal record in NFL. Not sure why anyone would get super excited about it.
Yeah, you're right. But I didn't know any of that. I thought Jimmy Johnson was great. I was super excited because I was familiar with the coach.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. But I didn't know any of that. I thought Jimmy Johnson was great. I was super excited because I was familiar with the coach.
All I knew was that I absolutely loved those Miami teams he put together before he came to Dallas. They were brash, talented, and played like their hair was on fire. I desperately wanted him to bring that to Dallas.

Nobody could know the future, of course, but I loved the way his teams played.

Sure enough, he did bring it to Dallas.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's cool dude. A LOT of people were "super excited" about their NCAA coach becoming NFL coaches. Then complete failure ensued.

Jimmy was a very good NCAA coach.
Then he became a VERY good NFL coach.

It was a very rare situation.

I loved Urban Meyer as an NCAA coach. I knew he would FAIL as NFL coach. It';s just not the same.