When was the point it hit you, the sport had changed in Dallas?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a later bloomer but, this was it for me...

5bb7831a220000bb01dd155a.jpeg
Michael signed Choice's helmet and patted him on the head like a 10-year-old boy and sent him on his way. I remember being mad for weeks.

I suppose social media and all the avenues of contact has brough us all together. I miss the days when you could truly hit a guy in a full contact sport because you knew nothing about him personally.

Not just in Dallas but, around the league.........

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
June 19, 1993.

GB0LUpO.jpg

I foresaw enforced league-wide parity that would accompany the modern-day salary cap era. Ranted my dislike for it back on the Cowboys forum belonging to The Site That Shall Not Be Named on Cowboyszone during the late 90's. Continued ranting about it after moving here in the early 00's.

What can I say? It took awhile for me to work it out of my system. :rolleyes:

There is still a little bit left in my system. :mad::laugh:

Trivia edit: the first (1994) salary cap was just under 34 million.

shabazz

Reaction score
I got that picture all wrong. I thought he was rubbing his head for good luck.

I have to add that Vick has done an excellent job in turning his life around. He’s one of the few commentators that doesn’t stick to the script like some of them have to. He tells it like it is.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When Wade Phillips was hired as head coach. I, foolishly as it turns out, thought the Parcells hiring meant Jerry had learned "his way" wasn't working. Hiring a retread no one else was offering a HC position told me otherwise. Wade was just happy to have the job and let Jerry be Jerry, and JG was waiting in the wings.

Now we're doing it all over again with another retread no one else was pursuing to be HC, and another boy wonder OC looking over his shoulder. Both are happy to be there and let Jerry do his thing, which is likely to continue producing similar results. Meanwhile, ol' Jerry is (allegedly) screaming into his pillow. :rolleyes:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a later bloomer but, this was it for me...

5bb7831a220000bb01dd155a.jpeg
Michael signed Choice's helmet and patted him on the head like a 10-year-old boy and sent him on his way. I remember being mad for weeks.

I suppose social media and all the avenues of contact has brough us all together. I miss the days when you could truly hit a guy in a full contact sport because you knew nothing about him personally.

Not just in Dallas but, around the league.........
When Jerry ran Parcells off ...
As long as Jerry was in charge we were most likely not winning anything of note.

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
I got that picture all wrong. I thought he was rubbing his head for good luck.

I have to add that Vick has done an excellent job in turning his life around.
He’s one of the few commentators that doesn’t stick to the script like some of them have to. He tells it like it is.

Really wish that I could use any word on here that I'd like to right now. Reading testimony of what he did to his own dogs actually almost made me throw up. One of them lost one too many fights, so how did he respond you might ask? By first muzzling it, and then repeatedly slamming it down on the concrete. That SOB should have been given the electric chair....I could have thrown the switch, and slept like a baby 10 minutes later. NO forgiveness....NO praise....sorry.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
March 30, 1994. However it happened, whatever happened, you move heaven and earth… put your own ego aside, and get your Head Coach to come back for a 3 peat.

and if that doesn’t work, you don’t look for the next head coach on a couch in Norman, OK. You find the next best damn coach for the team.

the beginning of 27 years of horrid mismanagement

willia451

Reaction score
When Romo, Jessica, and the gang went to Cabos during the bye week before the Giants playoff game (a game the Cowboys subsequently lost at home as the #1 seed in the conference).

3JLXltx.jpg

I knew in that moment this franchise was truly doomed to failure.

Seems like a small thing. But it speaks to everything that is wrong in Dallas.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I realized just what "from jocks to socks" really meant. And that had additional impact when I realized he was going to do the job part-time with his circle of good ole boys to consult him.

But the nail in the coffin was getting the new stadium. Once that was a done deal and I realized the plan all along was for an entertainment venue with a football field inside it, I thought it highly unlikely they would return to the Big Dance as long as he was in charge.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Here's the deal for me: tomorrow will be the 26th Super Bowl in a row that I won't give a rat's tail who wins it.

The only team I care about has won a grand total of four playoff games since their last title but is still the most popular franchise in the league.

That alone says it all. The game is about marketing, popularity, and mostly just money. The on-field product is secondary and has been for decades.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
June 19, 1993.

GB0LUpO.jpg

I foresaw enforced league-wide parity that would accompany the modern-day salary cap era. Ranted my dislike for it back on the Cowboys forum belonging to The Site That Shall Not Be Named on Cowboyszone during the late 90's. Continued ranting about it after moving here in the early 00's.

What can I say? It took awhile for me to work it out of my system. :rolleyes:

There is still a little bit left in my system. :mad::laugh:

Trivia edit: the first (1994) salary cap was just under 34 million.
I saw parity in 1978