When was the point it hit you, the sport had changed in Dallas?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about the 07’ Divisional game against NYG before the game but after that loss I figured if a 13-3 #1 seed Dallas team couldn’t win that game against a team they dominated twice already that year then JJ really did sell his soul for SB 30……

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Also when this came out.....
43220434-a20f-4370-9f5a-0f6640c8d832-Jones.jpg

"I can hire one hundred guys to win a Super Bowl" 26 years later:facepalm:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
When the team signed Greg Hardy. Never have been as all in for the team since then. Also you grow up and can’t watch all the games due to conflicts and the world keeps turning you realize no reason to let millionaires that don’t care about you ruin your day

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1996 playoffs when the Panthers And Lamar Lathon B- slapped the defending champs Dallas all over the field.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
When Jerry hired “Gunsmoke” Switzer to replace Johnson. He won a trophy off of Jimmy Johnson’s fumes as he clowned over the destruction of a historically great team

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Early in the second half of SB30.

Yeah, even when I watch a replay that Super Bowl, you could just tell it was coming to an end.

I just remember thinking it wasn't euphoric to win another Super Bowl as much as it was a sigh of relief when it had ended and they didn't lose. Pittsburgh making it so close in that second half, outside of McDonnell's gifts to Larry Brown, told me that this is no longer Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yeah, even when I watch a replay that Super Bowl, you could just tell it was coming to an end.

I just remember thinking it wasn't euphoric to win another Super Bowl as much as it was a sigh of relief when it had ended. Pittsburgh making it so close in that second half, outside of McDonnell's gifts to Larry Brown, told me that this is no longer Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys.
Felt the same way

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
When Jerry ran Parcells off ...
As long as Jerry was in charge we were most likely not winning anything of note.

I will say though, if I recall correctly, BP left on his own terms after the '06 season playoff loss @Seattle. Now, one can surmise that Jerry pushing (and succeeding) in signing TO for that '06 season didn't help. BP may have publicly backed Jerry in the signing of Owens, but given the disruptions that he caused, I just don't think BP was a big fan. So after that Seattle playoff loss, BP was done and cleaned out his Valley Ranch office.

But I really do believe that Jerry Jones wanted him back for 2007.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I will say though, if I recall correctly, BP left on his own terms after the '06 season playoff loss @Seattle. Now, one can surmise that Jerry pushing (and succeeding) in signing TO for that '06 season didn't help. BP may have publicly backed Jerry in the signing of Owens, but given the disruptions that he caused, I just don't think BP was a big fan. So after that Seattle playoff loss, BP was done and cleaned out his Valley Ranch office.

But I really do believe that Jerry Jones wanted him back for 2007.
Don't think Parcells was a fan of TO

MyFairLady

Reaction score
That move by T Sizzle was one of the most pathetic things I ever saw. A pathetic little worm.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Around 06 I still had optimism for the cowboys. I told my then girlfriend that the cowboys had been out of it for a while but we’re bouncing back from a slump. It’s no longer a slump but a way of doing things. The history of losing here is as long as the history of winning sadly.