When will Softball Taco get a sack?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are 6 games into the season. No sacks so far. Few tackles. Not near the QB.

When do you guys think he should get his first sack? I think he should have at least one sack in the first quarter of the season. That didn't happen. Not even close.

He is halfway through the second quarter of the season. No dice so far. Two more games gets him halfway through the season.

You would think he would eventually get a sack even accidentally.

I didnt expect much out of him because I didnt think he was a great prospect. But I can tell that I have NEVER seen a DE rookie look worse than Taco. The guy doesnt even sniff the QB, the runner, or the play. And he looks like he is just hanging out in there. No passion, emotion, nothing. Maybe he smokes dope with Gregory after practice and just hasnt gotten busted yet.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wanted a trade back or get an extra 1 for next year.

King or Foster was the pick and it was staring us right in the face. Oh and Watt was there. Mind blowing they took Taco.

This is the biggest problem I have with Marinelli. He passes on good players because he doesnt think they fit his system.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
King or Foster was the pick and it was staring us right in the face. Oh and Watt was there. Mind blowing they took Taco.

This is the biggest problem I have with Marinelli. He passes on good players because he doesnt think they fit his system.
I definitely would have been happy with King or Foster but I just preferred a trade back at the time. I typically do every year haha I usually really like 1-3 player(s) and after they go I want a trade back.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Not going to give up on the kid already. That would be silly. People dumped on Lawrence early too.

But I'll say this, and I have no stats or comparisons to base this on, but my goodness, he seems to be on the ground a lot, and not just because he got pancaked. He seems to lose his footing, trip over himself quite a bit.
Like Hillary C at a marble shop!

Aven8

Reaction score
How long did it take Justin tuck to get sacks in ny? He turned out ok

What's funny is that is who he reminded me of coming out of college. Very similar builds and pass rushing skills. I think this kid will spend a year in the weight room and come back huge next offseason IMO. He's already a big boy.

morasp

Reaction score
Seems like we always have this discussion with pass rushers. For the longest time people rued the day we picked Ware instead of Merriman and up until this year Demarcus Lawrence was considered a wasted pick. Things take time to play out especially considering that Taco's draft bio said he was inexperienced. That's pretty much what Rod says in the article below:

Charlton did not record a sack, but he had two quarterback pressures and a pass breakup, according to the coaches’ breakdown.“He needs to play more,” coach Jason Garrett said. “But he fought well, he competed well, he was around the ball. Made his presence known a little bit at the line of scrimmage knocking the ball down. So he’s getting there. He’s going about it the right way in practice. It’s a good opportunity for him to play a lot of snaps in that game. He’ll grow from that experience.”

Charlton is aware of the talk about him, but he said is driven more by his expectations.

“My last year in college had 10 sacks in 10 games, so I’m used to a sack or two a game,” said Charlton, who actually had 10 sacks in 11 games last season at Michigan. “Going a game without a sack is kind of weird. I’m trying to go back to the drawing board. I’m working hard in practice, watching film, doing things I can do and see what I can do to make things happen. I got close a couple of times. Just got to get there.”

Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said Charlton is going through what almost every young pass rusher goes through early in a career

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...ime-taco-charlton-closer-to-sack-breakthrough

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Word....he could easily play RDE here. He's bigger and stronger than Gregory and has alllllll the skillz

He messed this up just like passing up on Landon Collins

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I'm more worried about Taco getting washed out on Beathard's TD run than the sack thing. He looks pretty rough out there. By no means am I writing him off though. Just noting he's got a ways to go yet.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
1gSLk3P.jpg

To answer the OP...Taco will have his sack either late in this season in a meaningless game or sometime mid next season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I definitely would have been happy with King or Foster but I just preferred a trade back at the time. I typically do every year haha I usually really like 1-3 player(s) and after they go I want a trade back.

Trade back if there isnt a guy there you like. There were 3 sitting there.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
We are 6 games into the season. No sacks so far. Few tackles. Not near the QB.

When do you guys think he should get his first sack? I think he should have at least one sack in the first quarter of the season. That didn't happen. Not even close.

He is halfway through the second quarter of the season. No dice so far. Two more games gets him halfway through the season.

You would think he would eventually get a sack even accidentally.
Next August in preseason. Hate to say but I'm serious.