When will Softball Taco get a sack?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
If we'd listened to the expert GM's now opining in this thread, we'd have cut DeMarcus Lawrence in training camp this year for being dead weight.

dallasdave

Reaction score
So less this

VUbnkz6.jpg

And more this

0OIdknS.jpg
Now thats a TACO

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
No better time than this Sunday vs those evil Wedskins...

superonyx

Reaction score
Nope. The reality is neither are very good right now. Anyone that watches the games should agree on that. Can they get better over the next couple of seasons and peak in a contact year? Sure. It could happen.
Nope. You are arguing with yourself in order to argue. No one said anything about how good or bad Taco is right now. The Taco bashing just shows some fans have problems with managing their expectations as much as Tacos actual production levels. Same for Jaylon Smith.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He would do fine w his hand in the ground...those extra inches from his hand from his waist to to ground isn't gonna make a difference for this guy

Look at the first clip on this post...hand in ground...kicking buttocks

They didn't block him.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are 6 games into the season. Yet another Taco thread. Few insights. Not nearly a quality post.

When do you guys think people will stop making new threads about Taco? I think we should've had only one in the first quarter of the season. That didn't happen. Not even close.

We are halfway through the second quarter of the season. No dice so far. Two more games gets us halfway through the season.

You would think people would evetually stop making new Taco threads, even accidentally.

/backseat modding

Hit a nerve? Are you a Taco appologists?

Verdict

Reaction score
When they stop rushing 3 and dropping 8. He is a project and time will tell if he develops. The FO needs better people advising them about what defensive players they should be drafting.

My biggest complaint is not that he is a project. It's that we took him in the first round.

Verdict

Reaction score
Why is it relevant?

Yes he is a first round pick, I get that, but he the veterans on this team are getting to the QB. Do you want Lawrence to leave the field more so Taco gets more of an opportunity?

As stated earlier in this thead, there are plenty examples of successful pass rushers struggling during their rookie year.

Just let the guy grow instead of calling him out. If he was a starter, that’s one thing but I’m not taking Crawford/Irving/Lawrence off the field to give him needed reps at this point—those players are experienced and performing at a high level.

He is getting reps. Too many reps. They should play him sparingly.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If we'd listened to the expert GM's now opining in this thread, we'd have cut DeMarcus Lawrence in training camp this year for being dead weight.
And Demarcus Ware would have never made it as a Cowboy because he wasn't half the player that Merriman was his rookie year. We should have cut that guy and let him sign with Eagles if we new what we were doing.....

Verdict

Reaction score
This Taco bashing will now be the norm since Jaylon Smith isnt playing much. With jaylon getting a sack the whiners have shifted their hatred over to Taco.

No this band wagon has been pretty crowded for a while.

haleyrules

Reaction score
My biggest complaint is not that he is a project. It's that we took him in the first round.
The FO took what they thought was needed. Its their inability to judge defensive talent that is most disturbing.

Verdict

Reaction score
We are getting more sacks than anyone thought we would. But yet some find ways to whine about a player.
Whine about the overall D and it's poor tackling. Whine about the pass D of the LB's and why Heath is still starting and not Woods.

But right now, Taco who has got pressures, but just not a sack yet, give him some time. He is a Rookie, do you realize that? He is basically in his 2nd year as a 4-3 DE. going from 4-3 in college the NFL and has a big learning curve.

Yeah that's why we should have waited to pick him in a later round

Verdict

Reaction score
The FO took what they thought was needed. Its their inability to judge defensive talent that is most disturbing.

That's true. They reached because they "need" a player at his position. A reach for need is usually a bad thing.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m already weary of all the whining about this kid.

He’s on a rookie 5 year deal. Whether he gets it next week or never, he’s not going anywhere, so stop crying about it.

It’s one thing to offer insight and another to ask, when should he, like it works that way.

If we could have drafted Myles Garrett, we would have.

I think I'll keep it up.

Verdict

Reaction score
What's funny is that is who he reminded me of coming out of college. Very similar builds and pass rushing skills. I think this kid will spend a year in the weight room and come back huge next offseason IMO. He's already a big boy.

Yes he might. He might eventually be decent. But that time does not appear to be now

haleyrules

Reaction score
Nope. You are arguing with yourself in order to argue. No one said anything about how good or bad Taco is right now. The Taco bashing just shows some fans have problems with managing their expectations as much as Tacos actual production levels. Same for Jaylon Smith.
Correct. Expectations are the killer..not the players. These are first year kids and need some time.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Not true imo. DLAW is very talented, but until this year, injury prone. Byron Jones is a solid player. Last years draft netted them two starters in Collins and Brown. Look at the three dbs drafted this year in Lewis, Woods, and Awuzie. I think the problem is how the defense has underachieved, and because of Taco being a non factor so far this year, its easy to pile on.