When will the restructuring start?

Chasing6

Reaction score
can't we do that to someone else
We can to several players. Our GM is MIA.

DLaw is second highest cap hit this year behind Dak, then CD. We already did Martin. We could do Diggs as well.

Cut, trade or pay cut for Gallup.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Gallup is gone
Yes he is - unfortunately if we cut or trade before June the team only saves 890k this year but no dead cap money next year
If we designate June 1st cut the 9 million in 24 and 8 million in 25
Either way I agree he is gone
Has never been the same since the injury

Kwyn

Reaction score
Normally I’d agree with you but the “all in “ thing was not a zone echo chamber problem…our owner created that and he knew damn well what it would do and how it would be interpreted.
I think it was just Jerry saying Jerry stuff. I honestly don’t think he put that much thought into it. Of course people latched on to it so he and Stephen got asked to clarify and neither really are able to create compelling commentary so it just sat out there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think it was just Jerry saying Jerry stuff. I honestly don’t think he put that much thought into it. Of course people latched on to it so he and Stephen got asked to clarify and neither really are able to create compelling commentary so it just sat out there.
Sounds similar to trading for Trance. No one really knows what it was supposed to mean. Just burning money and draft picks for no reason.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

I disagree. Jerry isn’t as dumb as many think he is. “All in” in an off season means an aggressive approach and he even used the phrase “doing things differently”. Of course as passionate fans we make it grow to bigger ideas than even they thought but there’s no way Jerry didn’t understand the question asked and the implication by saying what he did

Chasing6

Reaction score
I disagree. Jerry isn’t as dumb as many think he is. “All in” in an off season means an aggressive approach and he even used the phrase “doing things differently”. Of course as passionate fans we make it grow to bigger ideas than even they thought but there’s no way Jerry didn’t understand the question asked and the implication by saying what he did
Jerry May want to just be quite moving forward.

His marketing routine is old and tired.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
Teams don't do things at the pace of what the fans want.

We have not seen too many teams make any moves yet.

Maybe Denver has been the most active so far., Philly made a few moves of releasing players only though.
KC made 1 move so far.
I don’t care what other teams do. I want to see Jerry honor his words and fix things. Not gonna be happy about watching them restructure on days other teams are getting deals done.

Adreme

Reaction score
Unless they have a deal in place with another player it really makes no sense to open up the cap space. Last thing you want is to push money into the future and end up not using that space now.
I mean it does not really matter. You can push money into future years and just not use it and have it roll over. It is very unlikely you would free up too much money so that it cannot roll over.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph!!!
:laugh: This Star Wars' fan gives you a :starspin:.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes he is - unfortunately if we cut or trade before June the team only saves 890k this year but no dead cap money next year
If we designate June 1st cut the 9 million in 24 and 8 million in 25
Either way I agree he is gone
Has never been the same since the injury
I don't think he's gone this year. I think he's gone after this year for sure. But I don't know what Jerry has planned. If he wants to try to win this year, then he'll extend Dak and Lamb. They don't need any other cap space after that. There is no real reason to release Gallup. If they won't need the cap space, why push any of his money to next year? But if a team wants to trade for him, that's different. Or if they don't plan on extending Dak, then they'll probably need the extra space.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean it does not really matter. You can push money into future years and just not use it and have it roll over. It is very unlikely you would free up too much money so that it cannot roll over.
Yeah but that's also a very simplified way of looking at it. You restructure contracts it's typically money that gets paid out right away to players. While Jerry Jones basically has an infinite money hack in life NFL owners are still not typically going to be looking to take $30MM or so loss just to open up cap space they wont use. They'll do it as needed and keep as much cash on hand as possible. I just don't see the motivation for an organization to open up a bunch of cap space going into free agency.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
MMMMmmmmmm dead money yum yum yum gimme more of that sweet sweet dead money.