When will we know what Uncle Jerry is doing with Dak?

Mannix

Reaction score
Reminds me of me with a couple of my old "run around town" vehicles....I'd rather throw bad money at good repairing them, then get off my *** and look for something better....that takes effort, and I can be lazy on that front. Booger and Chuckles are not only lazy, but they DO NOT TRUST THEMSELVES to make deals and big decisions....paralysis by analysis....just keep rolling the same old %*^! year after year, and pray that magic happens. Dork can't beat TWO great teams in a row, much less three or four....eight years proves that ANY extension means there will be no post season success for AT LEAST 5 -7 years....at the very earliest. Buckle up!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Any ideas folks what the time frame would look like for us down to Earth Cowboy fans on what our GM is doing with Dak?
Yes, there is still hope in our hearts.
Is March the month anyone??????????????
No need to fret. Jerry will talk tough, but in the final hour he will cave and give Dak 75 mil a season and try to sell it as some sort of win-win situation for the franchise. Dak will be happy, might even proclaim his interest in super bowls again, then go right back to sucking against the top teams of the league.

12+88=7

Reaction score
If Dallas is "all in" the extension of Prescott and the new contract for Lamb should occur before the free agency period. I have seen and read that these two moves should free up 40 million in cap space.

If Dallas is truly "all in" we should also here about restructures and June 1st cuts around the same time period.

When or if you see these actions you will be able to guage Dallas's commitment.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wait until he gets his extension. Cowboy haters will be rejoicing and partying like rock stars.
Another result of the 29 years of hunger.
Yep, Jerry is doing his best to tear this team down and a Prescott extension will be bad for anything related to the Star.
Oh well, they can celebrate to their hearts desire shame it's not about our 6th SB Trophy. :banghead:

acr731

Reaction score
If Dallas is "all in" the extension of Prescott and the new contract for Lamb should occur before the free agency period. I have seen and read that these two moves should free up 40 million in cap space.

If Dallas is truly "all in" we should also here about restructures and June 1st cuts around the same time period.

When or if you see these actions you will be able to guage Dallas's commitment.
Going 'all in' should mean getting rid of the QB who can't compete against better competition. Philthy had no problem cutting ties with Wentz, nor did the Rams have an issue getting rid of Goff, both of whom helped take their respective franchises to a super bowl. But for some damn reason Dak is irreplaceable. Why?

Going all in should be about getting rid of people who aren't getting the job done, but what do I know.......

I'm just glad it isn't my problem to figure out. I don't give a crap what Jerry does any more. It will never be in the best interest of the franchise, so screw it, no need to be upset with it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
To someone with a twisted mind this thread could go in a whole different direction

Mannix

Reaction score
Going 'all in' should mean getting rid of the QB who can't compete against better competition. Philthy had no problem cutting ties with Wentz, nor did the Rams have an issue getting rid of Goff, both of whom helped take their respective franchises to a super bowl. But for some damn reason Dak is irreplaceable.

But what do I know.......

I'm just glad it isn't my problem to figure out. I don't give a crap what Jerry does any more. It will never be in the best interest of the franchise, so screw it, no need to be upset with it.
ONE overthrown ball in the Super Bowl and SF got rid of Jimmy G.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Going 'all in' should mean getting rid of the QB who can't compete against better competition. Philthy had no problem cutting ties with Wentz, nor did the Rams have an issue getting rid of Goff, both of whom helped take their respective franchises to a super bowl. But for some damn reason Dak is irreplaceable.

Going all in should be about getting rid of people who aren't getting the job done, but what do I know.......

I don't think about what I would do in a situation with Dallas. I look at it from the team's perspective and try to predict what "they" will do.

Dallas isn't going to cut or trade Prescott. Come to term with that and move forward.

For me "all in" is about free agency. Dallas doesn't do free agency. We should be able to see if they truly are going all in or not.

It begins with creating cap space. Do they create space to sign your own players and shop at the bargain bin. Or do you create cap space to make waves day one of free agency.

Watch the moves made before free agency and you will know.

Flamma

Reaction score
Any ideas folks what the time frame would look like for us down to Earth Cowboy fans on what our GM is doing with Dak?
Don't go into it like that. I remember getting ready to go to work at the tail end of some large weather event. My boss calls me and says, stay home with pay. That was a shocking surprise, and I was happy. But I never expected that. You have to go into the Dak situation like that.

acr731

Reaction score
Watch the moves made before free agency and you will know.
Jerry is always in the middle of some ocean on his yacht at this time every year.

He's not going all in and has no intention of even considering it. It's all just BS coming out of his mouth in an attempt to get people to shut up.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
3 years ago told us what Jethro was gonna do.