When will we know what Uncle Jerry is doing with Dak?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I would trade Prescott to Chicago for Fields’s . Let Lance & Fields have it out in training camp . This is Groundhog Day in Dallas . Bill Murray is the GM .

Chicago taking Caleb Williams top pick would make that deal . Fields has more upside and younger then Prescott . Prescott would allow the Bears not to have to rush Willams into game one .

Big_D

Reaction score
Before the start of free agency this team will double down on stupidity. Jerry will be giving lessons at Home Depot on how to paint yourself into a corner.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Going 'all in' should mean getting rid of the QB who can't compete against better competition. Philthy had no problem cutting ties with Wentz, nor did the Rams have an issue getting rid of Goff, both of whom helped take their respective franchises to a super bowl. But for some damn reason Dak is irreplaceable. Why?

Going all in should be about getting rid of people who aren't getting the job done, but what do I know.......

I'm just glad it isn't my problem to figure out. I don't give a crap what Jerry does any more. It will never be in the best interest of the franchise, so screw it, no need to be upset with it.
Jerry is so desperate that he won't do anything until the pain of holding on becomes greater than the pain of letting go. People supporting Dak don't realize the size of the apple in Daks throat has become too big to overcome. If Dak was smart he wouldn't subject himself to anymore of this abuse and he would just quietly walk away and retire. Dak doesn't have the talent to pull himself through his choking. His whole game just crumbles and his play resorts to that of the worst starters in the league. He wasn't even close to being an MVP. Jordan Love, Jared Goff, Purdy, Hurts are the QBs that are going to be battling for the NFC championship.

pitt33

Reaction score
The inevitable will happen.

And it’s so discouraging for fans that have followed this team for decades…that clamor for another championship while they’re still walking this earth.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Explain what any point I made is wrong. I dare you.
Dak having to do it by himself is a ridiculous notion but to your point:

Their O line is comparable to the teams in the playoffs. There WR/TE core is as well. Their RBs are less. Most teams didn’t get 5 pick sixes from their CB yet you say Dak did it alone. Good takeaways and great special teams. As for coaches, if you were one of the ones who wanted Kellen gone to let Mac call plays, then you got nothing to byotch about.

Against good teams, it’s not Dak doing it all, it usually the team doing it all for Dak but to no avail, or they all stunk it up.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well, rational people do some self-assessment when their way of doing things isn’t working. They then try to rectify the latter. Although JJ has gotten slightly better over the years, he has shown that he’s not much of a rationalist. So instead of doing what they would do, he doubles down on his way based on his ego, his “river-gambling” ways that initially made him a lot of money, and a hope based on the latter and superstition like “not wanting to hurt a win streak”, or some other excuse that isn’t really rational. And this type of attitude only gets worse the older you get and become set in your ways. They don’t call them “stubborn, old fools” for nothing. So, I don’t expect JJ to change at all. Yes, he said this team will go only as far as Dak takes them, but he doesn’t realize that the latter isn’t likely taking them where success of a season is truly determined, i.e., a Super Bowl championship, as the evidence has shown.

Loso86

Reaction score
Any ideas folks what the time frame would look like for us down to Earth Cowboy fans on what our GM is doing with Dak?
Yes, there is still hope in our hearts.
Is March the month anyone??????????????
When he does it unfortunately

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak having to do it by himself is a ridiculous notion but to your point:

Their O line is comparable to the teams in the playoffs. There WR/TE core is as well. Their RBs are less. Most teams didn’t get 5 pick sixes from their CB yet you say Dak did it alone. Good takeaways and great special teams. As for coaches, if you were one of the ones who wanted Kellen gone to let Mac call plays, then you got nothing to byotch about.

Against good teams, it’s not Dak doing it all, it usually the team doing it all for Dak but to no avail, or they all stunk it up.
You think you sound pretty cool using disrespectful words like byotch, don't you? You're lucky a real adult is not there to teach you some manners.

As for your bad points:

No, the Cowboys Oline is not on par with the production other playoff teams Olines were in 2023, and it showed come playoff time. The Cowboys only have 1 legit WR and an inexperienced young TE. That's it. Other of the playoff teams had more receiving weapons, and it showed. As for your 5 pick six CB analogy, how did that work out come playoff time? Zero turnovers by our defense while other teams actually did get turnovers to help their offense. Same goes for defense stoppage. Ours got rolled over repeatedly by both the run and pass for continuous TD scores. Every other playoff teams' defenses actually performed much better and actually helped their offenses. As for Kellen Moore, absolutely you can include me with the majority who wanted Kellen Moore gone. It showed it was a wise decision since our offense ended up 1st in total offense all season, along with 1st in ppg, and a higher stats than the previous year when Kellen Moore was here. What happened to Kellen Moore as O-Coordinator for the Chargers last year? Plus, why did the Chargers grant him to leave to Philadelphia if Kellen Moore was supposedly so good as you proclaim? Looks like you've got your priorities all wrong for a supposed Cowboys fan. As for Dak, he (and CeeDee) most definitely carried the offense this past season, especially since we literally had no run game. Dak didn't come in 1st with QB stats and end up 2nd in MVP voting by mistake. Wake up and appreciate instead of hating.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think you sound pretty cool using disrespectful words like byotch, don't you? You're lucky a real adult is not there to teach you some manners.

As for your bad points:

No, the Cowboys Oline is not on par with the production other playoff teams Olines were in 2023, and it showed come playoff time. The Cowboys only have 1 legit WR and an inexperienced young TE. That's it. Other of the playoff teams had more receiving weapons, and it showed. As for your 5 pick six CB analogy, how did that work out come playoff time? Zero turnovers by our defense while other teams actually did get turnovers to help their offense. Same goes for defense stoppage. Ours got rolled over repeatedly by both the run and pass for continuous TD scores. Every other playoff teams' defenses actually performed much better and actually helped their offenses. As for Kellen Moore, absolutely you can include me with the majority who wanted Kellen Moore gone. It showed it was a wise decision since our offense ended up 1st in total offense all season, along with 1st in ppg, and a higher stats than the previous year when Kellen Moore was here. What happened to Kellen Moore as O-Coordinator for the Chargers last year? Plus, why did the Chargers grant him to leave to Philadelphia if Kellen Moore was supposedly so good as you proclaim? Looks like you've got your priorities all wrong for a supposed Cowboys fan. As for Dak, he (and CeeDee) most definitely carried the offense this past season, especially since we literally had no run game. Dak didn't come in 1st with QB stats and end up 2nd in MVP voting by mistake. Wake up and appreciate instead of hating.
That's all perfectly fine...even mostly true.

What we have to come to terms with is..how dak himself...performs in the big games.

Please for the love of God do not use season 2022 Tampa playoff game as a "big game" example. Beating 8-9 losers regular OR playoffs isn't a crowning achievement.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

As for your bad points:

Not that it matters, but Moore was not released until after Harbaugh was hired. Obviously the decision had more to do with what the new head coach had in mind than Moore’s ability as an OC. That doesn’t mean he’ll do well in Philly, I get it. I agree Dak was one of the bright spots for Dallas last season. The big contract is inevitable. The Chargers, Eagles and Cowboys represent the conundrum of quarterback and the NFL. The QB that looks the most talented, but has accomplished the least, is paid the most. The one that looked great for a season and was almost MVP, but regressed, is paid the second most, and now it’s Dak’s turn, again, and he’s going to be paid commensurate with what he’s done most recently. I don’t know that any of the three of them are worth what they’ll be paid for next season, but Dak is not going to be “left out”, so to speak.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
For some people the day Dak is actually gone will mean they will have to find a new scapegoat for 29 years without a title.

Is Dak blameless? No.

But getting rid of Dak is trying to treat a symptom while ignoring the disease.

btgboys41

Reaction score

As for your bad points:

You seem to take opposing views personally or at least, with quite a bit of venom.

Just tell me what Dak did all by himself then.

How are you determining their O line and WRs are not on par with other playoff teams? CeeDee, Ferguson, and Cooks was a good group this year. The passing game I believe is ranked 3rd overall. The rushing game was better than that of KC, TB, and GB. These are for the year.

In the playoffs, Dak and many others did not step up. But they were competitive with other teams they made the playoffs which is contrary to your post.

You are obviously a huge Dak fan. I certainly have no problem with that. However, you propped him up way beyond what he actually delivered when the competition was tougher. He didn’t do anything by himself and played like crap in most of those scenarios.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I would trade Prescott to Chicago for Fields’s . Let Lance & Fields have it out in training camp . This is Groundhog Day in Dallas . Bill Murray is the GM .

Chicago taking Caleb Williams top pick would make that deal . Fields has more upside and younger then Prescott . Prescott would allow the Bears not to have to rush Willams into game one .
Not the worst idea I've seen. Lol. if both seem to be blah don't pay either a contract before 2025. If one seems like they could drive the bus and leave a lot of money for other players. Then Maybe go for it lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You seem to take opposing views personally or at least, with quite a bit of venom.

Just tell me what Dak did all by himself then.

How are you determining their O line and WRs are not on par with other playoff teams? CeeDee, Ferguson, and Cooks was a good group this year. The passing game I believe is ranked 3rd overall. The rushing game was better than that of KC, TB, and GB. These are for the year.

In the playoffs, Dak and many others did not step up. But they were competitive with other teams they made the playoffs which is contrary to your post.

You are obviously a huge Dak fan. I certainly have no problem with that. However, you propped him up way beyond what he actually delivered when the competition was tougher. He didn’t do anything by himself and played like crap in most of those scenarios.
Yeah, Dak won 12 games all by himself, he had to do it all. Then the playoffs come and, well, he sucks golf balls through a garden hose.

Don't make AC come teach you some lessons...AC has some big internet muscles...lmao.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Read some interesting quotes from Kurt Warner who I respect . He was talking in context of Daniel Jones and what a serious mistake the Giants made with fat extendion . Warner said by yr 3 after you draft a QB and he doesn’t look like the future then part ways .

Dallas going into yr 9 with Dak . “Where’s the beef “ …..:huh:
Comparing Daniel Jones to Dak. :facepalm: :rolleyes: