when will we stop kidding ourselves about henson

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
Lets just look at facts about henson

-parcells dropped a 3rd rounder on him.
-parcells would obviously want him to succeed.
-parcells after evaluating feels he isn't good enough to play yet.
-parcells regrets spending a 3rd rounder on a HUGE qb project.
-jerry likes henson a lot
-jerry doesn't know football
-jerry choice of talent has ruined us for the past 10 years
-jerry's is ignorant
-hensons half against the bears might of been the ugliest football i've ever seen, parcells agreed and pulled him.
-henson was on the verge of going to europe (possibly become a good backup for us at a later date)

so lets stop all the parcells conspiracy about him not playing henson to feed his ego. BP dropped a 3rd rounder on henson, NOT JERRY. he's hurting his own self by not playing henson.

now we move to opinions, which mine are not what most cowboy fans want to hear but are very accurate.

-henson was out of the game to long to ever make a comeback, parcells realizes hes a long shot.
-jerry's ignorance makes parcells look like a bad guy.
-we wasted a 3rd round pick in a team with more holes than swiss cheese.
-henson was just another attempt to find a qb for a cheap price (which a 3rd rounder really isn't), and it wont work like all the others we've tried this with before him.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Cradle said:

-jerry's is ignorant
-hensons half against the bears might of been the ugliest football i've ever seen, parcells agreed and pulled him.
-henson was on the verge of going to europe (possibly become a good backup for us at a later date)

so lets stop all the parcells conspiracy about him not playing henson to feed his ego. BP dropped a 3rd rounder on henson, NOT JERRY. he's hurting his own self by not playing henson.

now we move to opinions, which mine are not what most cowboy fans want to hear but are very accurate.

-henson was out of the game to long to ever make a comeback, parcells realizes hes a long shot.
-henson was just another attempt to find a qb for a cheap price (which a 3rd rounder really isn't), and it wont work like all the others we've tried this with before him.

But what is your opinion on it?

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
i think people are confusing bill's ego.

bill's ego is directly reflected by what looks bad on him, he can careless about what jerry says or does.

bills ego is not allowing him to play a qb as bad as henson under any circumstance. it would be a disgrace to him as a coach to play henson at his current level of talent. during that bears game, i watched parcells. he was embarassed looking.

BP not playing henson is because he is that bad, not because its a power trip over jerry. i think 90% of this board thinks otherwise.

if you look at the facts this is clear as day.

Woods

Reaction score
It's hard to say what BP is thinking of Henson at this stage.

BUT,

1. Henson is sticking around Valley Ranch to improve his mechanics, timing with the WRs/TEs, etc.

2. BP mentioned end of the season that Dallas would be in a similar situation as the Commanders in that we would likely be scaling back part of the offense with a young QB next year. (I think it was the Skins. And he mentioned it to a Washington Post writer.)

3. BP has mentioned that there was a better than average chance that we would be going with a young QB next season. And that the young QB was likely on the roster.

4. BP/JJ stated that we need to improve the team around a young QB. Basically, to put Henson in a situation similar to Big Ben.

5. BP stated that Henson has been out of football for some time, and that Henson needed time to acclimate himself.

6. It appears that we are (or atleast were) trying to re-sign VT. VT could serve as a good mentor and back-up for a young QB in 2005. As far as I could tell, there have been NO indications we are looking to either draft or pick-up a starting QB (i.e., Brees) for the long haul.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your certainly entitled to your opinion I'll say that much, other than that this is a total waste of a thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cradle said:

-jerry's is ignorant

When are we going to stop kidding ourselves about Rivers?

Lets just look at the facts about Rivers...........

LOL

And to think you figured all this out from 30 minutes of football.

Worse yet, to think I waisted a good 45 seconds on reading this and putting together a post.

Woods

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
When are we going to stop kidding ourselves about Rivers?

Lets just look at the facts about Rivers...........

LOL

And to think you figured all this out from 30 minutes of football.

Worse yet, to think I waisted a good 45 seconds on reading this and putting together a post.

Hey, I'm guilty as well! :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cradle said:

Oh boy, what a surprise, here is another self proclaimed expert on QBs!
:rolleyes:

Well Jerry and BP, might as well cut your losses on Henson and release him, this guy guranteeing that he is a bust :cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Woods said:
Hey, I'm guilty as well! :D

Woods, I'll tell you what tickles me about everybody who looks at this situation and tries to spin it.

Parcells is not a very complicated guy when it comes down to it. You kinda gotta not listen to what he says and watch what he does. Parcells will let the average guy lead himself down the wrong path so far and so deep that he never finds his way home but, his actions are usually fairly predictable.

The truth here is probably about as simple as, "Henson hasn't played enough football yet for us to know what we got. Until then, were going to continue to try and bring him along because we know he has the physical tools and he just might have the mental as well. Don't know that yet but we'll find out."

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
so let me get this right?

its ok for you guys to love henson with no reason too (if anything you should still be having nightmares about that bears game) and still hate BP for not playing him.

but i can't discredit henson because i trust parcells take on him?

thats a bit dysfunctional.

p.s. the funniest reason i read here as to why one of you guys liked henson was "when he lined up behind center his eyes look just like troy aikmans". LOL! i got a cousin whose a spitting image of aikman, maybe we can grab him off the streets.

thor_01

Reaction score
Cradle said:

-jerry's is ignorant

have we put an ad up somewhere i haven't seen yet, wanted one more remedial qb and football expert, abillity to use common sense not necessary, and abillity to make the most stupidest, unsubstantiated posts a must

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Woods, I'll tell you what tickles me about everybody who looks at this situation and tries to spin it.

Parcells is not a very complicated guy when it comes down to it. You kinda gotta not listen to what he says and watch what he does. Parcells will let the average guy lead himself down the wrong path so far and so deep that he never finds his way home but, his actions are usually fairly predictable.

The truth here is probably about as simple as, "Henson hasn't played enough football yet for us to know what we got. Until then, were going to continue to try and bring him along because we know he has the physical tools and he just might have the mental as well. Don't know that yet but we'll find out."

Buts whats the fun in taking what Parcells is saying is exactly what he really means too? You know lot of people jobs are in the line if they can't analyze and explain to "Laymen" what he really means. :p

Plus BBS are for every expert to spout their opinion ain't it? It would be dull if not I guess :D

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
listen i will shut up, but lets all admit. if the season starts and henson isnt our starter that he is indeed a bust. that means after a full football season and two full offseasons this guy couldn't manage to win the starting job over a 42 year old has-been.

if we sign bledsoe, or whoever. i'm going to go ahead and write henson off as a missed attempt.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nope. Won't admit it. Still WAAAY too early to decide on the "bust" label even at that point. What if he starts four games into the regular season next year? Is he still a bust?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cradle said:
listen i will shut up, but lets all admit. if the season starts and henson isnt our starter that he is indeed a bust. that means after a full football season and two full offseasons this guy couldn't manage to win the starting job over a 42 year old has-been.

if we sign bledsoe, or whoever. i'm going to go ahead and write henson off as a missed attempt.

Yeah and we all are sitting on the edge of ours seats waiting for your proclamation :banghead:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cradle said:
so let me get this right?

its ok for you guys to love henson with no reason too (if anything you should still be having nightmares about that bears game) and still hate BP for not playing him.

but i can't discredit henson because i trust parcells take on him?

thats a bit dysfunctional.

p.s. the funniest reason i read here as to why one of you guys liked henson was "when he lined up behind center his eyes look just like troy aikmans". LOL! i got a cousin whose a spitting image of aikman, maybe we can grab him off the streets.

It's OK for you to hate Henson. Nobody ever said it wasn't. The part that doesn't fly is you trying to pass your opinion off as Parcells "take on him."

Your opinion on Henson is no more the opinion of Parcells then mine and I'm sure that my opinion speaks only for myself.

Take your QC poster down. Stop with the "I'm the licensed mouth piece for Bill Parcells" thing and post as if your trying to discuss this player rather then your speaking the gospel and were a bunch of unwashed heathen masses.

Henson may wash out or he may turn into everything most of us hope he is.

Either way, it's way to early to tell or condem.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cradle said:

-jerry's is ignorant

Wow... I guess you will be rooting for another team then

See ya...scratch that...

to paraphrase Bob Dylan

Goodbye is too nice a word..I will just say fare thee well