when will we stop kidding ourselves about henson

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cradle said:
listen i will shut up, but lets all admit. if the season starts and henson isnt our starter that he is indeed a bust. that means after a full football season and two full offseasons this guy couldn't manage to win the starting job over a 42 year old has-been.

if we sign bledsoe, or whoever. i'm going to go ahead and write henson off as a missed attempt.

I gotta better idea. Why don't you just write him off now, you pretty much have anyway, and then you can go straight to shut up?

See that way, it allows the rest of us to evalutate the situation with our own thought process and it doesn't get muddied by this type of loonacy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cradle said:
so let me get this right?

its ok for you guys to love henson with no reason too (if anything you should still be having nightmares about that bears game) and still hate BP for not playing him.

but i can't discredit henson because i trust parcells take on him?

thats a bit dysfunctional.

p.s. the funniest reason i read here as to why one of you guys liked henson was "when he lined up behind center his eyes look just like troy aikmans". LOL! i got a cousin whose a spitting image of aikman, maybe we can grab him off the streets.

Love has nothing to do with it but only a bonehead would judge a QB or any player off of 1 game, Lets get real for a second. Henson may not pan out you run that risk with every single QB that comes out of the draft but until a player has a oppertunity to show himself and what he can do it is anyones guess on how he will develope. If Henson had no skill what so ever he would not be on an NFL team period.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Trag!! Are you really a Cowboys fan? If you are, don't be so abrasive in this fourm. People are generally cool in here and there aren't any "botters". If you're not, don't start ****.

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
silver im from texas, im just getting my feet wet in here. place seems hostile to me, but hey everywhere is.

The Duke

Reaction score
I would love to read a forum back when Staubach was finally trying to play for the Cowboys. How many here would have written him off too soon?

You have got to be blind if you think Henson played that bad during the Chicago game. Yes the int for a td was a rookie mistake, but the rest was not that bad at all. I tend to recall a D player going up the middle untouched. Henson's fault? And the int has as much to do with the coaches making the play calling very predictable. They ran the 5 yard stop route before, Balitmore. He just forced it.

Sitting out for 3 years is not that big of a deal. How many college players sit for 3-4 years and then are expected to be starters or significant contributors counted on? Many. Many. That's the norm.

How many pros sit as back-ups for 2-3 years and then play. Running scout team doesn't help tremendously-believe me I know.

Henson is Aikman like talent. That buys you an extra year or two because if they work out its well worth the wait. Marginal talent better show it fast or they are out.

I am so glad the riginal poster is not in charge of player personnel or coaching the team. You evaluation of the situation is a joke.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Love has nothing to do with it but only a bonehead would judge a QB or any player off of 1 game, Lets get real for a second. Henson may not pan out you run that risk with every single QB that comes out of the draft but until a player has a oppertunity to show himself and what he can do it is anyones guess on how he will develope. If Henson had no skill what so ever he would not be on an NFL team period.
Not only that but if he thinks the bears game was bad he missed Q's start against Tampa bay

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Cradle said:
listen i will shut up, but lets all admit. if the season starts and henson isnt our starter that he is indeed a bust. that means after a full football season and two full offseasons this guy couldn't manage to win the starting job over a 42 year old has-been.

if we sign bledsoe, or whoever. i'm going to go ahead and write henson off as a missed attempt.
Oh wise one, ... share with us your thoughts on Pennington sitting behind VT for two seasons.

dewey

Reaction score
silver im from texas, im just getting my feet wet in here. place seems hostile to me, but hey everywhere is.
Having only been here a short time myself, this is not a hostile environment. But as you know, one can only assume the writers intent when reading a message board, you don't get the vocal inflection,etc. . You may have come off a little too all knowing...just an idea.

No one truly knows squat about how Henson will perform long term. No one is sitting in meetings with Henson, BP, VT, or Payton. We have no clue what they're all working on day to day. This is at the moment all speculation on all our parts.

This is a game of wait and see.

Cradle

Benched
Reaction score
The Duke said:
Henson is Aikman like talent.
i got one question. are you serious? your the perfect example of what uninformed people think of henson.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cradle said:
i got one question. are you serious? your the perfect example of what uninformed people think of henson.

Interestingly enough, I'm almost certain that there are some very intelligent people on this board, reading your posts even now and thinking the reverse could just as easily be true.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cradle said:
Pot - Kettle

Kettle - Pot

Zaxor

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cradle said:

Do yourself a favor. Find the person who "informed" you, and shoot them! :rolleyes:

ghst187

Reaction score
Cradle said:
listen i will shut up, but lets all admit. if the season starts and henson isnt our starter that he is indeed a bust.

Lot of QBs that didn't start in their second season that turned out pretty okay...Everyone was dying to give QC another year to prove himself after two already and now people are ready to write Henson off as a bust because, after 3 years away from football, he can't come back and start immediately? We'd be very foolish to let Henson walk before his 4 yr contract is up...regardless of what happens. Its not like adding a solid QB would instantly make us a SB contender..we need much more than that.
I'm not sure why everyone is griping about the Bears game either...sure it wasn't pretty but the guy was in his first NFL game, a rookie, against a solid defense that did nothing but blitz the rookie...with a shoddy right side OL, a newly budding running game, and our #2 WR out. I'm still not convinced that Henson would've thrown more picks this season than VT did given the same opportunities.

kevwun

Reaction score
Cradle said:
-hensons half against the bears might of been the ugliest football i've ever seen, parcells agreed and pulled him.

You must not have watched Joey Harrington's 2003 performance against us.