When you look at the big picture

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It's sad as Cowboys fans that the only takeaway we get from our season opener is a moral victory.

I've noticed expectations have fallen to the point under Garrett where this is the only thing we get.

'Well, it was bad, but at least we didn't lose by 40 points'

Felt this way during the Campo era. Cheering for individual players to get some stats, hoping for an improbable win against a good team, happy when the team is merely competitive despite the result and eagerly awaiting the offseason for a chance to start anew with a good coach and a good draft.

I don't how you can get a moral victory after years of these performances. At some point you need to acknowledge that you're lying to yourself.

It's amazing year after year I hear "well if next year isn't improved I'll agree with you on JG" and then the next year comes and the same excuses happen. I've never seen a mediocre coach get this slack. He wouldn't get hired anywhere right now...even as a OC.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Pretty good? Training camp is for cohesiveness. JG has been at it for 4 years and we are still looking at trying to smooth things out. Its a joke now. 49ers lost a group of their top guys and still figured it out. We are always looking for excuses..."if only..."

...then blame it on Murphy's Law.

daveferr33

Reaction score
The big picture is this:

The Jones Family is firmly entrenched and not going to change.

They have absolutely no idea how to field an NFL caliber team.

Most Cowboys fans know it and are refusing to show up for home games in droves.