When you look at the big picture

Cebrin

Reaction score
Mo Claiborne was AWFUL. Did anyone else notice they started pushing Durant under him in the second half?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My point is this, we win next week and the eagles lose on MNF to the colts, we both 1-1

Exactly..................these games are September games and they mean a hell of a lot so your point of these games not mattering right now still makes no sense.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I have no clue how anyone can think that September games mean nothing with the way this team has ended the past 3 seasons...

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Exactly..................these games are September games and they mean a hell of a lot so your point of these games not mattering right now still makes no sense.

So you don't agree that it's better to win in December even though all the games matter? 7 Years ago, I remember a team falling to 5-6 after Thanksgiving and ran the table and made the playoffs. I guess I always made a bigger deal out of losses in December than I did in September. Been than way since 88

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I have no clue how anyone can think that September games mean nothing with the way this team has ended the past 3 seasons...

Ok maybe I should say that losses hurt a lot more after halloween because that is the time the playoff picture start to cone into focus.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
The big picture is when we win by 20 points the next 2 weeks and people totally forget all about this game, only to be destroyed by the Saints week 4.

slomoxn

Reaction score
There are a lot of we could have beat them's on here. I hope everyone understands this is the mantra of a loser; this has been said for the last how many years. Last year we coulda beat Denver, they played the kind of football that does not get we could have beat them because it will be for 7 more weeks of we could have or should have... The way they played offensively we had best forget about that juggernaut we've been looking for and start paying attention to the top 10 college players. Cause we're getting one.

scottsp

Reaction score
For me, this game did nothing to move the needle for one way or another, since the outcome was pretty much the net expectation.

As we move forward, I would think(hope) the offense would not continue to resemble something so wretched. Though, that stands to happen when the first real work you get as a unit is the regular season opener.

On the flip side, I don't see the defense holding up at all. San Francisco was ripe today and we were not good enough to take advantage.

Bluestang

Reaction score
When I look at the Big Picture here...

I see the Cowboys are in a precarious spot with Tony Romo. Week 2 vs the Titans is going to be a big game because a loss will be very ugly. Quite frankly their defense is pretty good, better than what people think at the moment.

Murray could be seen getting upset at Romo on the sidelines. How many times has Murray been slighted over the pass when he was running effectively?

We've seen 3 different OCs and the tendencies has been the same. There has been one constant in all those changes.

Players turning on their QB could more disastrous than the players quitting on the HC.

We have 15 games in front of us, anything could happen...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
what's wrong with 2-2? It would mean we lose to the saints and beat the rams and titans. We would have to be atleast 2-2 since seattle will be coming in October

Nothing is wrong with that. In fact, I hope that we are at .500 by game 6 or so to make a run at this. But saying goodnight to someone in a thread is justification to an end. I am pretty sure it is grounds for a ban if you come back to argue more :lmao:

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with that. In fact, I hope that we are at .500 by game 6 or so to make a run at this. But saying goodnight to someone in a thread is justification to an end. I am pretty sure it is grounds for a ban if you come back to argue more :lmao:

good night is "philly slang" for whatever

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Right on track for an 8-8, eh 6-10 season huh?

Well could go 3-1 in Oct and end up 5-3 at the start of Nov. That would be a good after 8 games which would get us ready for the late season run.

But until all that happens let's just focus on Titans to be 1-1

slomoxn

Reaction score
And I am telling you that it's still summer time and that it's too early to even think about playoffs. Do you realize that half of the league is still alive for a playoff spot the first sunday in November? So if that's the case why are you bent out of shape over a week one loss?

Not for nothing but how many times has the season come down to a win and your in game at the end if the season that had we won some meaningless game earlier in the year it would not even be an issue.

wileedog

Reaction score
Not for nothing but how many times has the season come down to a win and your in game at the end if the season that had we won some meaningless game earlier in the year it would not even be an issue.

I'll take "What Has Happened Every Year for the Last 3 Seasons" for $100 Alex.