Where’s your Fan O Meter at?

ICP

Reaction score
I dunno, after the past 25+ years and knowing nothing is gonna change with Dumb & Dumber running the show I gotta go with about 1.5

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I’m at a 1 just don’t really care about this team. I don’t know if that is going to change any time soon.

kskboys

Reaction score
10. Won't quit watching. Doesn't mean my attitude is the same. I laugh at our travails.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It’s hard to be anything above a 3 right now. The owner/GM has shown an inability to produce a competitive team, while at the same time demonstrating an inability to self evaluate on any level. It would be insane to dedicate feelings to this mess.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ALWAYS at 10. There is no other way to be.
If not, then if you need help getting off the wagon, there are many that will help you achieve that. :muttley:

Or just find another team. It's ok to be down on them, but the meter should always be at 10. Period.

starman22

Reaction score
ALWAYS at 10. There is no other way to be.
If not, then if you need help getting off the wagon, there are many that will help you achieve that. :muttley:

Or just find another team. It's ok to be down on them, but the meter should always be at 10. Period.

I gave you a like because your attitude is just amazing.

I have to think you haven't been a fan very long (I know this isn't true), because how can you stay so positive when the results over the last 25 years or so just aren't conducive to positivity? Sure, there have been some highlights, but they ended up very disappointing. So much talent has been squandered over at least the last 15 years that it is almost criminal.

From drafting for special teams to we don't need a great o-line because Romo is elusive to we don't need a number 1 receiver, it is just very frustrating. I, personally have continued to watch games with much less interest in the outcomes and more interest in the entertainment aspect. My weekends have become more enjoyable, because I am not glued to the tv for the whole game.

Sorry for the long winded response, but I felt the need to respond to your constant positivity in a positive way. It's impressive. There are a few other eternal optimists out there in the zone, and this response could be to any of you. I personally am just tired of the Jones way of doing things. No, I'm not going away, I'm just getting less emotionally invested in the wins and losses.

Just an FYI for anyone roasting me for the way I feel:

I know I can't change the DC ownership
I know I can go root for another team (I don't want to)
I have been a fan since around 1971 - 1972ish
Yes, I want the Boys to play hard and as a team and still lose to get a higher pick
I want Jerry to be embarrassed to the point that he brings in outside help to build a team.
It's late and I need to get to bed.

Goodnight all,
Go Boys!

Anyway Jazz,

Mr_437

Reaction score
2 running to 1. I'll watch but no emotional attachment at all (comedy is good tho). Jerry is a football idiot, so this team is doomed. Much much more interested in the Mavs and boxing now, I wouldn't have ever thunk I'd be here...thanks Jerry.

kskboys

Reaction score
I gave you a like because your attitude is just amazing.

I have to think you haven't been a fan very long (I know this isn't true), because how can you stay so positive when the results over the last 25 years or so just aren't conducive to positivity? Sure, there have been some highlights, but they ended up very disappointing. So much talent has been squandered over at least the last 15 years that it is almost criminal.

From drafting for special teams to we don't need a great o-line because Romo is elusive to we don't need a number 1 receiver, it is just very frustrating. I, personally have continued to watch games with much less interest in the outcomes and more interest in the entertainment aspect. My weekends have become more enjoyable, because I am not glued to the tv for the whole game.

Sorry for the long winded response, but I felt the need to respond to your constant positivity in a positive way. It's impressive. There are a few other eternal optimists out there in the zone, and this response could be to any of you. I personally am just tired of the Jones way of doing things. No, I'm not going away, I'm just getting less emotionally invested in the wins and losses.

Just an FYI for anyone roasting me for the way I feel:

I know I can't change the DC ownership
I know I can go root for another team (I don't want to)
I have been a fan since around 1971 - 1972ish
Yes, I want the Boys to play hard and as a team and still lose to get a higher pick
I want Jerry to be embarrassed to the point that he brings in outside help to build a team.
It's late and I need to get to bed.

Goodnight all,
Go Boys!

Anyway Jazz,
You don't have to feel positive about the team to remain at the 10 level. When we're not winning, I simply focus on other things, such as drafting and team building. Maybe some individual players, especially if they're projects w/ hope. Schultz has always been a fav of mine, and man is he turning out!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have to feel positive about the team to remain at the 10 level. When we're not winning, I simply focus on other things, such as drafting and team building. Maybe some individual players, especially if they're projects w/ hope. Schultz has always been a fav of mine, and man is he turning out!!!
Yeah, I like him. Even on bad teams there are players that seize the opportunity and he's one of them. Wish I could find someone ;like that in the secondary.

There are positives to this season, posters just have to adjust their thinking. I knew we were in trouble when the, then healthy, QB had the team at north of 35 ppg and was 1-3, then the injuries started coming.

What is the positive to this season? There can no longer be any doubt about the glaring deficiency of this team, the D and possibly the DC. But the D talent without a doubt is job 1 for this brain trust in the off season and hopefully they found out bringing in players like Clinton-Dix and Poe aren't the answer.

They should have taken Chaisson or Arnette or Terrell instead of Lamb and plugged him in to see if he's a fit. Doesn't matter where they have a D player graded, they should take him because they have to keep going back to the well or they're going to continue to be thirsty.

I know that's unpopular with most here and I think Lamb is a really good player too but WR was not the hole to fill. I get it, a player 6th on your board shows up at 17 but did they stop to ask themselves why the 10 teams, 7-16 passed on him? 2 of them took other WR's but I think if the Cowboys had been picking 10th, Booger still makes that pick for the applause.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I like him. Even on bad teams there are players that seize the opportunity and he's one of them. Wish I could find someone ;like that in the secondary.

There are positives to this season, posters just have to adjust their thinking. I knew we were in trouble when the, then healthy, QB had the team at north of 35 ppg and was 1-3, then the injuries started coming.

What is the positive to this season? There can no longer be any doubt about the glaring deficiency of this team, the D and possibly the DC. But the D talent without a doubt is job 1 for this brain trust in the off season and hopefully they found out bringing in players like Clinton-Dix and Poe aren't the answer.

They should have taken Chaisson or Arnette or Terrell instead of Lamb and plugged him in to see if he's a fit. Doesn't matter where they have a D player graded, they should take him because they have to keep going back to the well or they're going to continue to be thirsty.

I know that's unpopular with most here and I think Lamb is a really good player too but WR was not the hole to fill. I get it, a player 6th on your board shows up at 17 but did they stop to ask themselves why the 10 teams, 7-16 passed on him? 2 of them took other WR's but I think if the Cowboys had been picking 10th, Booger still makes that pick for the applause.

I believe Diggs is going to be very good.

Here's the problem: We keep ignoring what makes players work: Short area quickness and lateral agility. In the NFL, everyone is fast, w/ a very few standing out as super fast. So, what makes players stand out and succeed? Quickness, agility, instincts, and motor. I truly don't think we get it.

kskboys

Reaction score

Oh, and I am somewhat happy due to stealing Galley in the 3rd, and the fact that we at least attempted to shore up the middle. Yeah, Poe and McCoy didn't work out, but at least we tried, something we don't normally do.

Mannix

Reaction score
Even though I never miss a game, I'm a 2 or 3....don't even get excited for the draft anymore....why bother when we realize who the GM and HC are...#1 reason I'm numb is because the whole culture Sucks A. I don't even wear my Irvin jersey for the season opener anymore....why bother when you know what scary movie is coming up.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I just have other things in life that draw my attention these days. I hope a lot of other cowboy fans do the same. That is our only hope of getting an actual fundamental change in our leadership.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A solid 3.5. The Cowboys have borderline ruined football for me. I barely even watch football anymore. I usually enjoyed watching other teams, but I can’t anymore. Mostly because I look at all the teams and look at what could’ve been for the Cowboys. Good coaching. Good defense. Good offense. Good special teams. Specific players. After years of mediocrity and being made fun of, it gets kind of old. My fan meter will go back up next year, just for my expectations to be shattered from mediocre play, coaching, and of course, Jerry Jones.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I watch the games just to know what is going on, but I don’t really care if the team wins or loses anymore. I guess I would say I am about a 3.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My fandom never wavers, but there are days they don't deserve my fandom.
I am loyal to the brand, but not the current brand bearer.
I might be disgusted, but never rusted.
Mostly, I feel like a 7.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm at around a 2. Completely bummed out. The team is crap so I am trying to watch some of our young talent. Now that Hill and Diggs got injured that's two less. Not only that but the league as a whole is not very good this year. The players just don't look that interested. I'm guessing maybe it's the lack of fans. If it weren't for the weekly bet sheets I do with my friends, I'd have 0 interest in Sunday's.