Where are our young speed wide receivers?

BKBDAD

Reaction score
It is pretty amazing how ALL of our WRs that come and go are consistently somehow locked down...even if we are going against backup scrubs.
Totally agree that’s why I don’t believe it’s necessarily the lack WR talent in the room! Today’s coaches scheme on the fly to get guys open & take advantage of a weakness or pattern on the defensive side of the ball. McCarthy is old school, Dak doesn’t have the quickest release & the Boys don’t seem to scheme for anyone except CD or the TE’s on a quick read. We need a guy like a Sean McVay! OC or HC!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like 3 WR's like the Bengals have.
Chase, Higgins, Boyd.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Because they come here and get infected by Jerryculture. They know there are little to no consequences and they just have to do a good enough job to get to the playoffs and then half-*** it and they'll still get paid by Jerry. Same for all of the other positions unless you happen to be the designated scapegoat that season.
"nobody" half butts it in Dallas

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Young speedy WRs are useless if someone doesn't get them the ball or go deep with any consistency. Or even see the entire field. The QB makes the WR, ..and the passing game go. Spread the ball, hit the open man. Buy some time when needed to hit a receiver that gets loose. It all begins with the passer, sometimes needs to improvise on those plays that don't always go the way they are designed. Then your speedy WR will make an impact and not just be running sprints.

Cmac

Reaction score
Careful now......the initial and primary focus should be LBs, DTs and OL before we go dabbling with WRs.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Know why KC is in the Super Bowl with a "no-name" receiving corps?

Yes, Mahomes and Kelce are part of the answer. But the Chiefs defense is the best unit nobody talked about all year. Did not give up more than 27 points in any game all year. Kept the Chiefs in a lot of games even when the offense wasn't clicking. Yes, Mahomes was not perfect this season at all.

If the Cowboys had this kind of defensive support, who knows? Maybe the entire narrative about certain player(s) would be different.
LOL...it's Mahomes. No question. End of Story. With and without defense. With and without Tyreek. At home...on the road. Six straight years.

The defense doesn't play inspired if they are thinking "here we go again..." like with Dak. If you got Mahomes you REALLY BELIEVE you have a shot and therefore play like it.

You don't need "who knows"...when you know. Mahomes, Mahomes, Mahomes.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only do they have speedy receivers, they actually have a quarterback.

NEXT

shabazz

Reaction score
That is why I have said for years that I would rather have a team of good receivers that have great hands and run crisp routes than I would star and used-to-be-star receivers.
With the exception of having Randy Moss for a brief stint, Brady made a career with just the kind of guys you just described.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah, assuming Gallup is cut and IF we were to lose Cooks somehow, the 2 Jalens are not exactly speed guys.
Turpin is fast but this HC playcaller seems to struggle at using his speed for whatever reason.

The OP has a valid point.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
LOL...it's Mahomes. No question. End of Story. With and without defense. With and without Tyreek. At home...on the road. Six straight years.

The defense doesn't play inspired if they are thinking "here we go again..." like with Dak. If you got Mahomes you REALLY BELIEVE you have a shot and therefore play like it.

You don't need "who knows"...when you know. Mahomes, Mahomes, Mahomes.
I get the Dak narrative but why does the defense get away with not doing their jobs in the playoffs just because the quarterback is not playing well?

The Chiefs defense is so good they just won a game in which Mahomes' offense only scored 17 points. Do you honestly believe the Cowboys can win any playoff game scoring just 17 points?

There ya go.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're asking about our WR depth, the reason it's so good is because we always draft so well.

75boyz

Reaction score
Because they come here and get infected by Jerryculture. They know there are little to no consequences and they just have to do a good enough job to get to the playoffs and then half-*** it and they'll still get paid by Jerry. Same for all of the other positions unless you happen to be the designated scapegoat that season.
Yep, be good enough to get that second contract and just coast/go thru the motions Cowboys style.

The Cowboy Way.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I get the Dak narrative but why does the defense get away with not doing their jobs in the playoffs just because the quarterback is not playing well?

The Chiefs defense is so good they just won a game in which Mahomes' offense only scored 17 points. Do you honestly believe the Cowboys can win any playoff game scoring just 17 points?

There ya go.
Mahomes had something to do with the other team scoring "only 17". He didn't throw the ball to the other team gifting them 7 and then didn't also throw an INT and gift them an easy TD drive. So...there's that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Mahomes had something to do with the other team scoring "only 17". He didn't throw the ball to the other team gifting them 7 and then didn't also throw an INT and gift them an easy TD drive. So...there's that.
Oh so the Cowboys defense only gave up 34 points otherwise. What a fantastic effort by them.