Where are they now - Dat Nguyen

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, three out of four NFL players file for bankruptcy? That seems too high....
just googled it and CNN money claims its 1 in 6 NFL Players file for BR. Or 16.6666666667%

Not sure how that equates with total BR filings. The more I think about it the less I care. :thumbdown:

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Like I stated my son played with him at RFHS
It was unbelievable how he ruled the field even in HS....he would totally dominate the entire offense. I never missed a game.
My son played some QB but mostly WR and got a full ride to Tx St and Dat went to Aggies....they still stay in touch. Just a fine man from a great family

RonWashington

Reaction score
You know sadly that era is my heyday so guys like La Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen, Dexter Coakley....those guys will always mean a lot to me. Actually looked him up recently to see what he was up to and couldn't find anything on Dat Nguyen. Cool story.

Dexter Coakley man he was something . Parsons today reminds me of the Coakleys and Dat Ngyuen types. Leave it all out on the field .

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm almost positive you have to work in the Chik-fil-A for some time period to become an owner, so that would have been a hoot to drive up to the window and have Dat take your order lol
Yep. I looked into buying into a well known franchise decades ago. You can't just stroll up with cash.

Gotta know the business from the ground up and prove it with long hours and effort....then they tell you where you're going when the time comes.

This is after a significant cash posting.

In the end, you own your own business but pay big time for that name.

Typically one needs several locations to make it worthwhile.

But good for Dat. Good man. I have no comment as to what I thought of him as a player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Somewhere in Jaylon Smith garage is a stacks of boxes of sunglasses and a pile of 54 jerseys.

He tried.
He probably made a cool million off them glasses though if not more lol. They actually were nice looking athletes and entertainers should never brand their merchandise around their name and likeness IMO.

817Gill

Reaction score
You know sadly that era is my heyday so guys like La Roi Glover, Dat Nguyen, Dexter Coakley....those guys will always mean a lot to me. Actually looked him up recently to see what he was up to and couldn't find anything on Dat Nguyen. Cool story.
NFL street 1 on PS2. Always had those guys on my Cowboys teams they were sideline to sideline maniacs.

CWR

Reaction score

His family lives in Corpus or at least has/had a restaurant in Corpus. Years ago my uncle got Dats autograph from the restaurant. No charge, just happy to share with a fan. I loved all those guys. Coakley was an animal.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
So, three out of four NFL players file for bankruptcy? That seems too high....

I'm not sure who is correct, but the source I drew from was Investopedia and they cite a 2009 article in Sports Illustrated.

The only thing I am certain of is the BR rate is way higher than typical Americans.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
As Parcells once said about Dat:

"That is one football playin' dude!"

I hope we draft another linebacker like him. Maybe Nakobe Dean?

Reactions: BAT

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people forget how good Coakley was. With his speed I thought the team could have used him more on blitzes. Was strong against the run and pass.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think people forget how good Coakley was. With his speed I thought the team could have used him more on blitzes. Was strong against the run and pass.
I agree. I wish their defense was more open to doing stuff like that because they had some incredible athletes on that side.