Where did this Dak go?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Where did this guy go? Rookie highlight video. Just looks like a different quarterback. We haven’t seen this guy play all 4 quarters like this since maybe the beginning of last season?

- isn’t afraid to throw deep or medium routes
- uses his legs when needed for first downs or TDS
- has receivers more ready to fight for the ball
- his offensive coordinator putting in plenty of play action

There are fans who never wanted Dak to succeed but I think most of us were onboard year one and most of us have become jaded with either what appears to be regression or hitting a ceiling. #3 and #4 above are on the coaches as much as Dak. It’s not all his fault. It’s a team game.

visionary

Reaction score

Where did this guy go? Rookie highlight video. Just looks like a different quarterback. We haven’t seen this guy play all 4 quarters like this since maybe the beginning of last season?

There are fans who never wanted Dak to succeed but I think most of us were onboard year one and most of us have become jaded with either what appears to be regression or hitting a ceiling. #3 and #4 above are on the coaches as much as Dak. It’s not all his fault. It’s a team game.

he became a company man and got paid and exposed by DCs

doomsday9084

Reaction score
He was always a guy who was taking advantage of what the defense is giving him. Teams were absolutely stacking the box in his rookie year due to the dominant run game.

For whatever reason, the team decided that he was Aaron Rodgers and started trying to play that way. Defenses have figured that out and are using complex zone defenses and Dak has trouble with that (most QB's will). His leg injury seems to have also hurt his mobility.

Dak isn't a great QB but he isn't terrible either. I'm optimistic that when he returns, the playcalling becomes more like his rookie year and his performance improves noticeably. Just let him drive the bus and let the defense/o-line win the game.

Edit add: For gosh sakes, get under center Dak! You being in shotgun all the time isn't helping you read the defense and its killing play action.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All crazy talk.

I've said it in recent years...

Get the Oline fixed, which in turn will get the running attack back, then you will see the old Dak back...along with better and more balanced playcalling.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All crazy talk.

Get the Oline fixed, which in turn will get the running attack back, then you will see the old Dak back...along with better and more balanced playcalling.

No rocket science to it. I think you’re right. Offensive line has improved every week and coaches aren’t trying starter shake-ups as much as last year. And I hope Kellen Moore and Big Mac are taking to heart what is working for Cooper, just like I hope Dak is feeling some heat from having a backup who is winning. Very few QBs in this league ever need to feel like the job will always be there for them.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak was good when he gets it out in 2.5 secs against man defense with an all-star WR group and O-Line
Disguise the man coverage and takeaway one WR and one lineman, he doesn't look good enough to be a back up in the league.

His last 6 games against playoff teams are disgusting including week 1 this year

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Lots of fighters were ready to fight Mike Tyson before the bell and before Mike's on slaught of hits started. Then they were not so brave. I wonder if the injury or hits Dak has taken is the reason for his regression from his rookie year? Because he did look a lot different that year than in later years.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He got paid. Simple as that. Hasn’t been the same since. Not that he was that great before but you could see that he was at least trying.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
All the Cowboy's need to do is field one of the best offensive lines ever, to help achieve the best rushing attack in the league, erase the memories of all the DC's they will face, as well as all the footage of the past six seasons of Cowboy's football.

Bingo, Dak is back.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

That's what we expected to see from him again, but sadly i think injuries have limited his skills and defenses have figured him out. Know how to confuse him. He is just under 30 and this is what he is now. Jerry finding out a little late.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Same place where Elliott went after his big payday. Let's hope Parsons doesn't follow that path!

~Can't wait for Elliott & his nose ring to be gone next season & Pollard is #1

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He still with us, you have to call plays that shoot your player. They called the same place for Prescott is Cooper Rush we don’t lose the game all season

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
All crazy talk.

But this year Dak and Rush had the same offensive line with different results. I know it was just game one but I hate the excuses of wah! It's the offensive line, when you gotta play with what you got, no excuses.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But this year Dak and Rush had the same offensive line with different results. I know it was just game one but I hate the excuses of wah! It's the offensive line, when you gotta play with what you got, no excuses.
No they did not have the same offensive line set up. Smith played guard there was no peters. It wasn’t even close to being as dynamic