Where did this Dak go?

Proof

Reaction score
He got paid. Simple as that. Hasn’t been the same since. Not that he was that great before but you could see that he was at least trying.

his first six~ish games after getting the contract were the best he’s ever played

Hardline

Reaction score
He had Travis Frederick snapping him the ball and an elite rookie RB to hand the ball off to.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Don't tell him the facts. He doesn't want to hear them.
So when Dak comes back and plays with that offensive line, there will be no excuses and whining? It just gets old hearing it all the time when QBs on other teams don't have the perfect conditions and nobody whines and expects them to play with what they have.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So when Dak comes back and plays with that offensive line, there will be no excuses and whining? It just gets old hearing it all the time when QBs on other teams don't have the perfect conditions and nobody whines and expects them to play with what they have.
The tape doesn't lie. Do tell us...how did Dak get his hand broken? Did the wind break it?

ghst187

Reaction score
Dak on the move = win
Dak in the pocket = CFL

thats about it. I’d also add our OL could bully people a bit more in 2016 also.
Zeke was prime, OL was prime, Dak was a dual threat…remember that read option inside the 5? Worked every time. Now Dak wants to stay in the pocket…he’s not that guy.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
He got paid. Simple as that. Hasn’t been the same since. Not that he was that great before but you could see that he was at least trying.
Precisely. I agree 100%. I think he realizes now that he is never going to get a second massive contract. He is looking at a post-NFL career right now.

Twin928

Reaction score

Where did this guy go? Rookie highlight video. Just looks like a different quarterback. We haven’t seen this guy play all 4 quarters like this since maybe the beginning of last season?

- isn’t afraid to throw deep or medium routes
- uses his legs when needed for first downs or TDS
- has receivers more ready to fight for the ball
- his offensive coordinator putting in plenty of play action

There are fans who never wanted Dak to succeed but I think most of us were onboard year one and most of us have become jaded with either what appears to be regression or hitting a ceiling. #3 and #4 above are on the coaches as much as Dak. It’s not all his fault. It’s a team game.

Ummmm he don’t have romo on the sidelines or n the meetings to read the defense lol simple

khiladi

Reaction score
This is the thread where we pretend that Prescott was once good.

Helps soothe things for those that were wrong.

It’s like asking where did that RG3 from his rookie year go…

It’s actually also been said multiple teams, teams realized what they were doing with Beasley, who was Dak’s guy. They started sitting on his out routes and bracketing him in coverage and Dak started forcing the ball to Dez the next year, who became the scapegoat.

khiladi

Reaction score
Beasley
Zeke was prime, OL was prime, Dak was a dual threat…remember that read option inside the 5? Worked every time. Now Dak wants to stay in the pocket…he’s not that guy.

teams started shadowing Dak in the red-zone forcing him to pass. And our red zone percentage was garbage. And it’s still in the playbook:

Prescott met with reporters on June 14 after mandatory minicamp and acknowledged the zone-reads in the red zone were still in the Cowboys playbook despite returning from the leg injury.

“It may have been in the playbooks some last year," Prescott said. "Guys just didn’t give me the reads. So, you didn’t think I was reading it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 3rd-and-short, red zone, they’re called a little bit more, but those things were called.”

https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article/sp...tion/287-18f5e9bf-bbea-4156-996b-20b97d54d781

And BTW, even 2020, garbage-time Dak was on pace for the most red zone rushing TDs of his career, 3 before he got injured. But scoring while getting blown out, padding stats, is completely different than in a game that’s close.

LysleE

Reaction score
Dak was doing then what Cooper is doing now. He was taking what defenses were giving him and leaning on a run game.

Clearly, Dak had a chip in his shoulder and had something to prove as a 4th round draft pick and played with an inner-fire. Then he got paid and defensive coordinators got tape on him and he got injured…so the rookie Dak is forever lost to us never to return. If your looking at stats, Dak is probably near the top of QB rankings, but in terms of results he has been underwhelming.

I think it is our coaching staff’s responsibility to call plays and formulate game plans that cater to Dak’s strength; I think maybe they should also rein in his ability to audible…I don’t think that is one of his strengths.

Getting back to fundamental football and not making Dak the focal point on the offense will help him…allow the skill players around him to make plays instead of relying on Dak to make them.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think his failures got into his head and crushed his confidence.

We'll see about that.

Losing one game to Tampa is just that: one game.

It's possible for him to bounce back, even if everyone is writing him off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has answered this correctly yet but Dak was good because Ezekiel Elliot and the Oline were unreal.

Dak is only as good as his supporting cast. It’s why you don’t pay a guy like him like he’s top tier.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I don't think him getting paid has anything to do with it. Dak wants to be good. He just lacks the arm talent, and his lumbering mobility has taken hits now too.

He's a serviceable qb. Not one you look to build a franchise around.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We'll see about that.

It’s not just 1 game. Dak has an entire career of repeating the same patterns. We know what he is at this point.

I’d argue the best he ever looked was last season up until the Patriots game.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has answered this correctly yet but Dak was good because Ezekiel Elliot and the Oline were unreal.

Dak is only as good as his supporting cast. It’s why you don’t pay a guy like him like he’s top tier.

He's a bus driver.

He can be a good bus driver. But he just needs to stay in his element, not expect too much of himself.

He doesn't have to be Tony Romo.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We'll see about that.

Along with the second half of last season. He's been steadily regressing. Started last season well, then lost his edge.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Where did this guy go? Rookie highlight video. Just looks like a different quarterback. We haven’t seen this guy play all 4 quarters like this since maybe the beginning of last season?

- isn’t afraid to throw deep or medium routes
- uses his legs when needed for first downs or TDS
- has receivers more ready to fight for the ball
- his offensive coordinator putting in plenty of play action

There are fans who never wanted Dak to succeed but I think most of us were onboard year one and most of us have become jaded with either what appears to be regression or hitting a ceiling. #3 and #4 above are on the coaches as much as Dak. It’s not all his fault. It’s a team game.

That worked because the running game was dominant...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that offense for Dak we could just expanded on it this year you've got Pollard to do the RPO stuff