Where did you go to high school?

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Went to Arlington High, class of '69.
Had Eddie Peach for coach at Nichols Jr High.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Duane;4654346 said:
Very impressive knowledge Trick, that or you're really good at Google searches. :)

He didn't get mine (Cal Farley's Boys Ranch = Roughriders) ;)

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4653910 said:
Pflugerville High School in Pflugerville, Texas -- a little town just north of Austin.

..you were the guy who used to put "kick me" signs on my back.

notherbob

Reaction score
Phoenix;4654331 said:
I see ya'll got a nice new little $60 Million stadium :)

allen-high-school-football-stadium.jpg

New H.S. Football Stadium in Allen, Texas Will Blow Your Mind

August 8, 2012 By Jerod Morris 1 Comment

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/20...l-stadium-in-allen-texas-will-blow-your-mind/

It’s a high school football stadium.

Looks like the Allen people have their priorities straight - education is so important these days and I have no doubt that a 60 mill stadium will educate a lot of kids for a long time into the future. I wonder what their science lab cost?

:eek: What, would I be sarcastic?? :eek:

Maybe my own priorities are out of sync with modern values but I would tend to think that a quality education would have a higher priority than a football stadium but then I just don't understand modern kids or young adults anymore. Things have changed greatly during my life and I just don't know what to think about this country anymore. I guess I am going to have to re-educate myself as I am obviously out of step here.

I don't really have a problem with it, as long as it is not my taxes that are paying for it and I think the citizens of any town can buy whatever they want with their tax money, I just don't understand their reasoning. Allen must be a very wealthy community these days to spend so much money on so few people. I remember Allen as nothing but farmland beside highway 75 on the way to Sherman. Obviously, things have changed since then. I must have overslept. :confused:

Life is good, anyway. :D

RamziD

Reaction score
notherbob;4654417 said:
Looks like the Allen people have their priorities straight - education is so important these days and I have no doubt that a 60 mill stadium will educate a lot of kids for a long time into the future. I wonder what their science lab cost?

:eek: What, would I be sarcastic?? :eek:

Maybe my own priorities are out of sync with modern values but I would tend to think that a quality education would have a higher priority than a football stadium but then I just don't understand modern kids or young adults anymore. Things have changed greatly during my life and I just don't know what to think about this country anymore. I guess I am going to have to re-educate myself as I am obviously out of step here.

I don't really have a problem with it, as long as it is not my taxes that are paying for it and I think the citizens of any town can buy whatever they want with their tax money, I just don't understand their reasoning. Allen must be a very wealthy community these days to spend so much money on so few people. I remember Allen as nothing but farmland beside highway 75 on the way to Sherman. Obviously, things have changed since then. I must have overslept. :confused:

Life is good, anyway. :D

I agree with you, Bob. It's their money, I guess, so they can choose to spend it how they like. Surely, though, $60 million would have gone to a lot better use improving the education of 5000+ high schoolers.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Pretty sure that awesome stadium is gonna pull in plenty of $$$ for that school so they'll still be able to buy beakers and bunsen burners.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Mitcha68;4654660 said:
Big Spring High School, Big Spring Tx

Home of the Steers...

I feel for you, my friend. I dated a girl who went there back in the day. We went home to visit her parents and that place was a dump. A mental hospital is its claim to fame. And the town has crazies everywhere.... LOL

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Blue Springs South High School - Blue Springs, MO

David Cook went there.

The other school in the town, Blue Springs High School (No South) turned out Ladell Betts and Brandon Lloyd.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
James Lick(84 and 85. Home of Jim Plunkett) and Independence(86 and 87 home of a bunch of people. One of the 20 largest high schools in the country). Both are in San Jose. I will now read the thread to see if anyone else went there.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Nope, nobody, as i expected. My sons were supposed to go to Pflugerville HS, but they used a friend of mine's address to go to Cedar Park High School. They went to Cedar Park Middle, and didn't want to go make new friends. They are 22 and 21 years old now. The 22 year old went to go live with his mom his senior year, and graduated from Yuerba Buena in San Jose. My father always used to say our CA football was nothing compared to Sinton TX Pirates. Yeah, football here in TX is a whole other level.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4654416 said:
..you were the guy who used to put "kick me" signs on my back.

Pfft...

I was the guy getting kick me signs put on my back. Were we there at the same time? I graduated in 96.

moe_214

Reaction score
James Madison H.S Dallas, TX only notable alumni is Brett Maxie DB coach and Dwight White "Steel Curtain"

Trendnet

Reaction score
Phoenix;4654001 said:
Waiting for a DODS grad to pop up...(GREAT schools by Dept of Defense overseas :) )

:popcorn:

RAF Woodbridge

The Woodbridge Warriors.

Best high school sports teams in England!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4655822 said:
Pfft...

I was the guy getting kick me signs put on my back. Were we there at the same time? I graduated in 96.

I put the "kick me" signs on both your backs, and I didn't even go to that school.

:p

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Rack Bauer;4656321 said:
I put the "kick me" signs on both your backs, and I didn't even go to that school.

:p
And they deserved those swirlies too.