Where do you see Belichick landing?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think his "Front Office" skills are the weakest part of his game.

I think he can coach better than he can handle/work in the front office.
I would have to disagree on that. With all his experience I think he would be great in the front office. As a head coach he’s proven he can’t win without an elite QB. Most coaches need stability at QB to be successful. Belichick is too old and the NFL has changed. You need younger, energetic coaches that are more in tune with today’s game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
re-read the the thread title and play along
I am playing along and gave my opinion. He’s not going to be successful without an elite QB. You mentioned Atlanta and they have QB issues which is a big reason Smith got fired. It’s been proven over Belichick’s career as an HC that he needs a great QB to win.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to disagree on that. With all his experience I think he would be great in the front office. As a head coach he’s proven he can’t win without an elite QB. Most coaches need stability at QB to be successful. Belichick is too old and the NFL has changed. You need younger, energetic coaches that are more in tune with today’s game.
His people skills are reportedly dreadful. On top of that he's proven to not be a very good talent evaluator.

As far as not being able to win without an elite QB... Who can? A high percentile of coaches can't.

Young coach... Old coach. I don't think the "matter" is as great. It's more about "Can he coach?" and how good the front office is at evaluating and obtaining talent.

I think he can still coach. But his talent evaluation skills are not good.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His people skills are reportedly dreadful. On top of that he's proven to not be a very good talent evaluator.

As far as not being able to win without an elite QB... Who can? A high percentile of coaches can't.

Young coach... Old coach. I don't think the "matter" is as great. It's more about "Can he coach?" and how good the front office is at evaluating and obtaining talent.

I think he can still coach. But his talent evaluation skills are not good.
A lot of things get reported but if your people skills are terrible you would think it would be difficult to impress an owner to hire you as a head coach and get players to buy into you. Belichick certainly doesn’t have an engaging personality. He’s not in the least bit inspirational to listen to. As for his talent evaluation he’s brought in a lot great players over the years that led to a lot of championships. I’m sure he had a lot pull as the DC with the Giants selecting the great players they had on defense. Right now the old coaches like Belichick, Carroll and Nick Saban are getting pushed out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of things get reported but if your people skills are terrible you would think it would be difficult to impress an owner to hire you as a head coach and get players to buy into you. Belichick certainly doesn’t have an engaging personality. He’s not in the least bit inspirational to listen to. As for his talent evaluation he’s brought in a lot great players over the years that led to a lot of championships. I’m sure he had a lot pull as the DC with the Giants selecting the great players they had on defense. Right now the old coaches like Belichick, Carroll and Nick Saban are getting pushed out.
I get that old coaches have a limited shelf life.

But certainly younger coaches have hit the unemployment lines as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get that old coaches have a limited shelf life.

But certainly younger coaches have hit the unemployment lines as well.
They all end up hitting the unemployment line eventually if they don’t have a QB. If you have an old coach in their 70s who’s been around for decades and the wins and championships aren’t coming anymore, it’s time to move on.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They all end up hitting the unemployment line eventually if they don’t have a QB. If you have an old coach in their 70s who’s been around for decades and the wins and championships aren’t coming anymore, it’s time to move on.
Well we've both offered opinions that in the big scheme of things don't mean an awful lot...

It will be interesting to see how his story plays out... If it plays out.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
South Florida with Jimmy Johnson. He doesn't connect with today's athletes and I don't see the GOAT changing is ways.

Flamma

Reaction score
You'd have to be either nuts or desperate to give him total control... And not necessarily due to the age, but because he's not very good when he has total control over the roster.
I think if he coaches again, it's to break Shula's record. No need to have total control. Let someone else deal with that crap, get your wins and get out.

Best landing place would be with the Chargers. The only other place I can think of is Washington. They have the 2nd overall pick.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think in a perfect world, he would like to go back to the Giants, but if I had to predict which of the current openings he will likely go to, I'll say

Atlanta Falcons
What's the draw in Atlanta? He just left a team with two garbage quarterbacks.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
What's the draw in Atlanta? He just left a team with two garbage quarterbacks.
Atlanta is probably the only team that might want him, people think that teams are going to be lining up for his services are going to be dissapointed