News: Where Does Cowboys DE Jalen Jelks Stand Heading Into 2nd Season?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Of course. However, the Frederick 40 time is irrelevant, as that position only requires phone booth quickness, bad comparison.

Mostly DE's who are effective w/ poor 40's are 6-6 300 pounders. JJ Watt, Calais Campbell, Buckner, Armstead, guys like that. I'm simply not aware of any 4.86 guys around his size who are effective. Do you know any?
I think most of the draftniks thought that the poor 40 time would mean Frederick wouldn't be able to get out to the edge (pull) and make downfield blocks because of the lack of footspeed. 5.5 is really bad. But he did it on gameday.

Rayman70

Reaction score
right now he stands with everyone one else...its a clean slate. THE BEST PLAYER WILL SEE A ROLE.This will be the first time in maybe 15 years, we can say..its open competition at all positions. Reminds me of when Jimmy J came to town...he didn't care what the name was on the back of the jersey. The best guy was gonna be kept..if you can play, you stay. Parcells was the same way. Garrett was the anti parcells and Jimmy J...just refused to let guys compete. MM is old school...he will let Jelks compete and see if he can find a roster spot for him. He has a decent chance.