Where does Garrett land?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
where does Garrett land??? "Ive been paying the Garrett family for 30 years" Jerry Jones
OIP.G-xeO0EM4zAdkP-ffxCjiwHaDk

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Should take the year off and position himself for the best college opening after the 2020 season.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If he's smart, he will take the year off like McCarthy and work on himself.

There isn't a fan base in the NFL that wants him around.
Yeah i know ravens, Commanders, eagles and Pittsburgh fans. They all laugh and call him the clapper and said we need to get rid of him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Its going to be awkward at McCarthy's next sleepover when Garrett gets invited too with all his free time.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would jump up and down with happiness if Fox would replace Joe Buck with Garrett.
I suspect TV is where he is headed for the short term. After he fails at that, he will move on as some team's GM. And after he fails miserably at that, he will replace that doofus Goodell as commissioner.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I would imagine he takes the year off, perhaps works in television, and tries to get back at coaching next year.

It's not often you see a head coach as long-tenured as he was accept a coordinator position months or weeks after being removed from their head-coaching post.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Probably nowhere this year. Jerry mishandling of situation early left him out of the mix in the most important week. Technically he’s still under contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been basically a Dead-End job for all of our Puppet HC this generation.

Only Gailey returned to be a HC in NFL. And that was after a long stint at Georgia Tech.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Only one HC job left and it looks like Jim Schwartz could be the serious candidate there. Garrett will not get any HC offers for next year, regardless of what Jerry and Dilfer said. Garrett's going to have to prove his worth all over again...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still think Cle good job...better would be college.
I think Garrett would actually make a better college coach. If he was able to recruit....that’s what makes “geniuses” out of Saban, Dabo Swinney and Lincoln Riley. I’m not convinced any of those guys are “great coaches” but they are undoubtedly great recruiters. College FB is all about gaining obscene talent advantages you would never have in the NFL.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
It wouldn't shock me to see him as the OC in NY. But I think he takes the year off. There were only a few openings this year compared to most years and the timing of the decision really put him at a disadvantage to get involved in the interviews. I don't think he has any interest in the CLE job at all. What will be interesting is if Josh mcD goes to Cle.. would BB bring him in as the OC?