Where does K Neal play now?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So a month ago y'all claimed 5 million was "bargain shopping" but now its a heavy investment?

Y’all? Is this some blanket statement attempt?

12th overall is a high investment
19th overall...for a linebacker I'd say that's a high investment
34th overall pick is not a high investment. Not only that it was 5 years ago.

That doesn’t erase it.

So in my eyes I only see two high draft picks for linebacker. I don't consider that a heavy investment.

Then you’re being willfully ignorant.

Aven8

Reaction score
All I know is we got two guys, and add in Wilson, who are enforcers on D now and can make game changing plays.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Neal is expected to move to weakside linebacker according to ole Ian.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It doesn’t erase it.

No they can’t.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that based on investment they can’t possibly get the proper return. Resources will inevitably be wasted.
I’ve not seen a single post about erasing it, so what’s your point? I’ve said the same thing. It is what it is so it’s water under the bridge. I have no idea what you’re trying to argue.

Dre11

Reaction score
Should of designated him as a June 1st cut within the 5 days of the start of the new year.
His salary is guaranteed now for 2021, making a cut much more painful this year.

Will you people just get over it, they're not cutting Smith.

RamziD

Reaction score
That would be my my guess from time to time.

Honestly, if the coaches can’t figure out how to take advantage, we have the wrong coaches...
This. Don’t worry about the position. Coaches should be able to maximize his talent.

John813

Reaction score
Will you people just get over it, they're not cutting Smith.

I just stated that if they were to cut him, it should of been done in March before his salary became fully guaranteed for this season.

Not saying they should cut him.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't think Neal was ever playing LB in the base D regardless of what was said and for sure isn't likely to now. He's what, 215lbs on a team that can't stop the run as it is???
Depending on how the rest of the draft goes he is likely going to play a lot of box safety in the base D and that hybrid spot in the nickel/dime which really is as much safety as it is LB. Traditional labels just don't apply any more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. I think a high 2nd is a significant investment. (Neal isn’t a significant investment IMO).

The problem is the significant investment in LBer hasn’t paid off.

But we’ve spent 2 1sts and a high 2nd on the LBer position.... and we are hoping to get one good player out of it.

I don’t have an issue with drafting Parsons because despite the resources spent on it, it’s a need, and we got the top LBer prospect. My concern is his coverage ability. If he turns out to be a great player, no one will complain about the pick. If he’s turns out like LVE or Smith, everyone will complain. Like always, it will boil down to production.

I don't think a 2nd rounder is a high investment. To me the 2nd is probably where you should start looking at running backs and linebackers IMO. I can't say a 1st round pick is a high investment and then say a 2nd round is. That's two different rounds.

Jaylon and LVE have their flaws...but with LVE its more so he can't get on the field. Jaylon....he has a bunch of issues it seems. Issues I didn't really see 3 years ago but they are there now. Either way...without better defensive tackle play none of this even matters anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Y’all? Is this some blanket statement attempt?

That doesn’t erase it.

Then you’re being willfully ignorant.

Yeah y'all. You sat here and argued me down this offseason the Cowboys bargain shop in free agency. Now its not bargain shopping? Then what is spending 5 million on Neal?

It doesn't erase it but if I draft a guy and then screw up the pick I don't completely neglect the position because I invested a high pick in him. So the Bears shouldn't invest in Justin Fields because they invested a high pick in Tribusky?

Because I drafted LVE and Jaylon Smith 5 years ago is not gonna stop me from drafting Parsons. That's probably who I'd only pick. I can see a argument for not wasting another 2nd or 3red round pick on a linebacker that won't start here. But the best linebacker in the draft? Sign me.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Can we see how Smith and LVE play in the new scheme before we throw them to the curb, maybe? I mean, both were fantastic just 3 seasons ago. They’ve shown they can play and play very well. Just think how our LB corp would look now if they returned to form.
100% agree with you. The front four getting blown off the line on run downs, and providing little to no gaps will make your LB's look bad. Then as they're getting gashed on the run and it's actually a passing down, they're already second guessing themselves.

We need interior help on that D line.