Where does Micah rank in this group?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
6th, honestly. Only one he's above in that group is Sauce Gardiner.

I laugh at the homers here who thinks Parsons is better than Jones.

Jones had 15.5 sacks twice in his career.... something Parsons hasn't touched yet. Jones has been around longer, but he's also a DT and compiling those kind of stats at his position, and not to mention he's coming off his best year statistically since 2018.

Ridiculous how underrated that guy is. Chiefs defense is not elite, but Jones impact his defense more than Parsons does, especially since the latter is surrounded by better players, vs Jones who sometimes can singlehandedly take over. Jones is always reliable to make a big play in a big game (Bengals last sack on Burrow for example) where Parsons was missing against San Francisco in '21 and Green Bay in '22. Pivotal games against our 2 Achilles teams.

Parsons might be above Donald just because Aaron is coming off a down year, but no idea if he can rebound. He's still only 31 but he's getting there in age.

I'm taking Garrett and Bosa over Parsons too. TJ Watt is always injured, but I look for him to bounce back again this year. I think Pittsburgh's defense will be back this year, which in turn Watt will have a great year.

plasticman

Reaction score
We haven't seen the best out of players like Parsons and Gardner. Their careers are still trending up.

However, the answer is obviously Parsons.

How many others can play such a diverse role for their defense? Parsons could excel at a half dozen defensive positions.

Can Bosa cover a receiver downfield? Can Sauce Gardner take on a OT and sack the QB? We've seen Parsons do both.

Verdict

Reaction score

Aaron Donald
Chris Jones
Myles Garrett
T.J. Watt
Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner
Nick Bosa

Where does Micah get slotted in?

If we are making this call strictly on ability (today), it’s Parsons.

If this is based on upside, it’s Parsons.

Whatever! Based on any measure, it’s Parsons. Lol.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Aaron Donald
Chris Jones
Myles Garrett
T.J. Watt
Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner
Nick Bosa

#5 at this point.
1. Donald…not a good comparison due to positions.
2. 3. 4. Garrett, Watt, and Bosa are better all around DEs. They all get the sacks, but they are also studs vs the run. Parsons will never be as large as those guys, but he’s also new to the position, so he should move up my ranking.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Micah can possibly have the biggest impact.
As DQ can move him around and he needs to be accounted for by the OC & QB.

The others an OC pretty much know where they will be lined up.

Not saying he should be #1. Just that he needs to be accounted for more so than the others.
People underrate the problem role flex poses to opposing coordinators. Woody's value was underrated.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1st.......Donald is the only player I would consider over Parsons but not at his age.

Sauce has no business on this list........I would take Surtain over him
Chris jones, Watt and Bosa are equal studs on that list.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
#5 at this point.
1. Donald…not a good comparison due to positions.
2. 3. 4. Garrett, Watt, and Bosa are better all around DEs. They all get the sacks, but they are also studs vs the run. Parsons will never be as large as those guys, but he’s also new to the position, so he should move up my ranking.
Garrett doesnt belong on that list at all.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Top 3, but needs to have a big impact the next time we make the playoffs.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Donald has shown up big in playoff games and impact them enough to take his team to a super bowl win.
Micah has come up small in playoff games unfortunately so till he proves it on the biggest stage his place in defensive history is on hold till he can prove himself when it matters

DanA

Reaction score
  1. Micah Parsons
  2. Aaron Donald
  3. T.J. Watt
  4. Myles Garrett
  5. Nick Bosa
  6. Chris Jones
  7. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner
Aaron Donald’s body of work for his career is almost certain to end up no.1, he’s just getting on a bit now and I suspect has slightly declined from the height of his 2019 season.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Aaron Donald
Chris Jones
Myles Garrett
T.J. Watt
Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner
Nick Bosa

This is my list of who I would take first to build a team around.
Bosa
Micah
Watt
Garrett
Donald
Jones

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this will be Parsons defining season. He's been challenged in season 2 and we'll see how he responds. I'm thrilled with his attitude and off season work .
I'd rate him anywhere from 2-5 but this year will tell.

HanD

Reaction score
I was following it close in 21, where Watt ended up with more sacks playing only 15 games. It was definitely close. Last year was hard to judge with the injury.
Right but that year mp only played part time as a de. So looking at sacks alone is deceiving imo. That's why I brought up rush win percentage.

Adreme

Reaction score
Right but that year mp only played part time as a de. So looking at sacks alone is deceiving imo. That's why I brought up rush win percentage.
Yes but that just means they rushed him at times when he is more likely to win versus rushing every down, plus you do not know whether he is rushing or falling back whereas you know Watt is coming. I agree with your idea but there can be an explanation for it.

For that reason, at least for now I have him at 4: Donald (possibly best defender ever), Watt, and Bosa. Basically I give the nod to people who were defensive player of the year the past 2 years and also to possibly the best defender ever but outside of that give me Parsons all day every day.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Micah-gaining-weight.jpg