Where in the world is, Ken Hamlin?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I haven't heard this guys name mentioned since his interception and hadn't heard it mentioned till before. I understand we're all about being conservative in coverage, so maybe being over the top, he just doesn't have the opportunity to make a lot of plays but I mean damn, he was supposed to be a hitter too before he got here.

He's made 40+ tackles, so he's doing SOMETHING, but everyone's name on the defense gets mentioned except him. Even Keith Davis has gotten more face time than Hamlin.

Is that what you pay a safety this much money for? To Line up 40 yards deep and backpedel?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well as long as we're not getting gashed deep I don't that much of a problem with the guy. I didn't think he was "all-that" last year and didn't deserve the huge dollars. But he was better than what we had there before.

He's not been a train-wreck this season and I applaud that.

Reaction score
TheCount;2427965 said:
I haven't heard this guys name mentioned since his interception and hadn't heard it mentioned till before. I understand we're all about being conservative in coverage, so maybe being over the top, he just doesn't have the opportunity to make a lot of plays but I mean damn, he was supposed to be a hitter too before he got here.

He's made 40+ tackles, so he's doing SOMETHING, but everyone's name on the defense gets mentioned except him. Even Keith Davis has gotten more face time than Hamlin.

Is that what you pay a safety this much money for? To Line up 40 yards deep and backpedel?

Hamlin is spending most of his time face down after his mis-tackles.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primetime42;2427999 said:
At what point do we shift him to SS and get Henry to go to FS?

Not till next training camp.

And it's probably 50/50 on who goes, Roy Williams (the SS) or Henry.

Heck there's a slim chance that both go.

WarC

Reaction score
Man, I could have sworn we were using him quite a bit in safety blitzes, I KNOW i've seen him back there hurrying QBs. But I just checked his stats and he hasn't had a sack all year...

Which begs the question...Where in the world is Ken Hamlin?!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sadly, since Woodson retired, if you don't hear a Saftey's name being called much on this team, that seems to be a good thing.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2428053 said:
Sadly, since Woodson retired, if you don't hear a Saftey's name being called much on this team, that seems to be a good thing.

Exactly! All the ignorant posters in this thread are negating the fact that Hamlin is quarterbacking the defense, and that's a crucial assignment to call the formations and get everyone lined up. And it's not like he's getting torched back there playing center field, which by the way, is why you don't see him in too many plays near the line of scrimmage where most of the action takes place. Even in the blowout games, it was Henry or the roockie corners getting torched on deep routes, while Hamlin was doing just fine covering his deep-middle zones. So I don't get the Hamlin-Bashing. REALLY! :rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2428077 said:
Sparking Carmen San Diego I guess.

:laugh2: Was wondering if anyone else thought of Carmen San Diego when they read the thread title.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not concerned about his contract anymore, that's where he is.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AMERICAS_FAN;2428090 said:
Exactly! All the ignorant posters in this thread are negating the fact that Hamlin is quarterbacking the defense, and that's a crucial assignment to call the formations and get everyone lined up. And it's not like he's getting torched back there playing center field, which by the way, is why you don't see him in too many plays near the line of scrimmage where most of the action takes place. Even in the blowout games, it was Henry or the roockie corners getting torched on deep routes, while Hamlin was doing just fine covering his deep-middle zones. So I don't get the Hamlin-Bashing. REALLY! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong...not hearing his name because he is blowing an assignment is good compared to what we have had...but I would rather have someone doing better and getting his name heard for GOOD reasons.

It would be nice to see him at SS and have a ball hawking FS in the future.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;2428099 said:
Not concerned about his contract anymore, that's where he is.
I always hope players will not give up after they get theirs. I am often wondering if they have.

goshan

Reaction score
Hasn't he been at some burslesque show in Jersey or something?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2427986 said:
Well as long as we're not getting gashed deep I don't that much of a problem with the guy. I didn't think he was "all-that" last year and didn't deserve the huge dollars. But he was better than what we had there before.

He's not been a train-wreck this season and I applaud that.

Primetime42;2427999 said:
At what point do we shift him to SS and get Henry to go to FS?

MichaelWinicki;2428008 said:
Not till next training camp.

And it's probably 50/50 on who goes, Roy Williams (the SS) or Henry.

Heck there's a slim chance that both go.

I couldn't agree more about Hamlin. He's marginal in my book. When someone commented about Skins talent vs ours I said I'd take both their safeties and Moss. No one else really.

Henry is going to be trade bait but they need to strongly consider him as a safety who can serve as a backup CB.

IMO, RW needs to go but I don't know his cap numbers. He would be a good backup safety and a situational player in the nickle and dime. I'd also consider using him in Burnett's role. Pretty pricey in those roles though.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I haven't heard his name much, but I've seen him miss tackles and be out of position

but still, good thing we didn't go w/ my suggestion and let him walk, replacing him w/ Pat Watkins, that guy is even worse

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2428098 said:
:laugh2: Was wondering if anyone else thought of Carmen San Diego when they read the thread title.

That was the idea :D

After reading the answers to this thread though it has become very clear that, like me, no one knows where Ken Hamlin is.