Where is Adam, our cap guru?

noletime95

Reaction score
He's usually provided his updare(s) by now. I always appreciated his information.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
noletime95;5012004 said:
He's usually provided his updare(s) by now. I always appreciated his information.

There was really no point in knowing the exact salary cap numbers prior to all of these restructures.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Haven't seen him post in quite awhile. Hope he's alright.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He has been getting shout outs from amongst other things, ESPN writers. I would not be shocked if he got a job that now presents a conflict of interest.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He's a guy that doesn't guess. With things in flux right now, he wouldn't say anything unless its absolutely certain. Once the dust settles, I'm sure he'll have an update on where things stand.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
There is not one reason for him to comment on this... at this point.

Give him a few hours.

;)

burmafrd

Reaction score
until after March 12 I bet he does not do a lot. With so much going on right now there is no point.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
noletime95;5012004 said:

He is busy restructuring contracts and trying to get Romo extended.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Silver N Blue;5012146 said:
He is busy restructuring contracts and trying to get Romo extended.

Failing to get Romo restructured will be one of the biggest failures going into this year.

Nation

Reaction score
Silver N Blue;5012179 said:
I agree 100%

They'll get a deal done, they have to. Placing the exclusive franchise tag on him next year will be an astronomical cost.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Nation;5012189 said:
They'll get a deal done, they have to. Placing the exclusive franchise tag on him next year will be an astronomical cost.

Not only that, but the forgone benefits of restructuring him this year and spreading that cap space to other players who could help us this year or absorb cap space this year rather than in future years?

It just doesn't make sense for a team that wants to win now to pay your franchise quarterback 17 million dollars this year. When you could probably parlay that down to 9 or so, and as a result sign 2 legit players (preferably on the oline).

We basically keep running deficits, because we never get value out of our players. Why? Because we don't win, and thus our players are lesser valued.

Wood

Reaction score
Galian Beast;5012157 said:
Failing to get Romo restructured will be one of the biggest failures going into this year.

I disagree. It would probably be the best thing the franchise could do. I really like next years draft group (specifically at QB). Restructuring Romo just holds the line for mediocrity. This will be Romo 10 year in Dallas (8 as starter) and nothing has changed. A new direction is needed. Let him play out his final year and if it looks like Dallas can't contend - you trade him as rental late in year.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Wood;5012255 said:
I disagree. It would probably be the best thing the franchise could do. I really like next years draft group (specifically at QB). Restructuring Romo just holds the line for mediocrity. This will be Romo 10 year in Dallas (8 as starter) and nothing has changed. A new direction is needed. Let him play out his final year and if it looks like Dallas can't contend - you trade him as rental late in year.

The trade deadline is really early in the Nfl, its tough to know how your team will be at that point.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Guy is accurate down to the penny, he's not gonna come and speculate until all the restructuring is done and he's had time to put together his work.

A lot of teams and major media outlets would love to have a guy like that on their team.

Always wondered how he wasn't getting paid for his work yet, but like many have said - thanks to the social media and blog era he's become a legend in a lot of places and it's only a matter of time before he gets paid for his expertise.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Folks -- you all need to stop plugging your ears and refusing to listen to what anyone but Adam says about the cap.

There are folks on this board, xwalker in particular who provide outstanding information regarding the cap.