Where is Adam, our cap guru?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wasn't there a spreadsheet floating around just a week or so ago that had most of our main contracts and showed how we could fairly easily get under the cap with cuts and restructures.

I was thinking xwalker did it, but not sure.

Could someone provide a link?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;5012313 said:
Folks -- you all need to stop plugging your ears and refusing to listen to what anyone but Adam says about the cap.

There are folks on this board, xwalker in particular who provide outstanding information regarding the cap.

Exactly! We have a lot of well informed and knowledgeable fans here!

/reality

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5012313 said:
Folks -- you all need to stop plugging your ears and refusing to listen to what anyone but Adam says about the cap.

There are folks on this board, xwalker in particular who provide outstanding information regarding the cap.

Xwalker does great work but Adam's resume speaks for itself, he's got like 5-7 years of being completely flawless.

As far as the cap is concerned he's one of the very best posters on here but he kinda threw me for a loop with all that tireless defense he did stating that you don't need to be able to run the ball in this league to win. Stats can't possibly accurately represent how important it is to be able to run the ball when you need to.

I understand it's a passing league but being able to kill the clock late in games and convert short yardage and keep drives alive is where the running game matters in today's NFL. So a team could only run for 45 yards that game as long as they were good in 3rd and short, good on the goal line, and were able to seal the game with 2 first downs late in the 4th.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;5012320 said:
Xwalker does great work but Adam's resume speaks for itself, he's got like 5-7 years of being completely flawless.

You mistake precision for importance.

For example, it really doesn't matter if we have 4.78 mill of cap space vs. 4.9 mill of cap space. A solid but not exact estimate tells you exactly what you need to know about the cap.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5012360 said:

For example, it really doesn't matter if we have 4.78 mill of cap space vs. 4.9 mill of cap space. A solid but not exact estimate tells you exactly what you need to know about the cap.

and that is a really lame excuse. the fact that Adam is absolutely right on the cap is what IS IMPORTANT. You don't like that too bad.

Reaction score
burmafrd;5012423 said:
and that is a really lame excuse. the fact that Adam is absolutely right on the cap is what IS IMPORTANT. You don't like that too bad.

sure accuracy counts but I could live with a +/- .00000001% error factor! :D

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
AbeBeta;5012360 said:

Exactly. If you have been paying attention, all of these cap issues have been discussed here a lot and everything Stephen has done the last couple days has been predictable. They went from 20m over to 5m(approx-hahaha) under with a few pen strokes. Add in a Romo extension and dealing with Free, Connor and Spears could provide another 20m in space.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
burmafrd;5012423 said:

It's not a lame excuse. If someone has access to exact contract numbers they are going to be more accurate. The other posters work extremely hard to get the best AVAILABLE info. That's the difference and it isn't a big deal.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;5012320 said:

As far as the cap is concerned he's one of the very best posters on here but he kinda threw me for a loop with all that tireless defense he did stating that you don't need to be able to run the ball in this league to win. Stats can't possibly accurately represent how important it is to be able to run the ball when you need to.

I understand it's a passing league but being able to kill the clock late in games and convert short yardage and keep drives alive is where the running game matters in today's NFL. So a team could only run for 45 yards that game as long as they were good in 3rd and short, good on the goal line, and were able to seal the game with 2 first downs late in the 4th.

Yea, he is a cap guru for sure, but I didnt get the whole not needing to run thing. That thread was like 30 freaking pages long before it finally died, it was wild.

I have not seen him since, so either he got really busy or he got pissed that so many folks basically called BS on that thread so he left.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I hope we aren't going to fight over the precision of cap numbers. And yes we have some very good posters.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beast_from_East;5012701 said:
Yea, he is a cap guru for sure, but I didnt get the whole not needing to run thing. That thread was like 30 freaking pages long before it finally died, it was wild.

I have not seen him since, so either he got really busy or he got pissed that so many folks basically called BS on that thread so he left.

I don't think Adam worries too much about anonymous posters on the internet being wrong and not understanding why. But that's just my hunch.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd;5012423 said:

Plug your ears and just listen to one guy.

That's a really bright move when there are others on the board providing excellent information

skinsscalper

Reaction score
AbeBeta;5012721 said:
Plug your ears and just listen to one guy.

That's a really bright move when there are others on the board providing excellent information

There are some good posters with some excellent information on board. No doubt about it. People gravitate to Adam's insight because he is dead nuts on every single time. He's punked Cowboys and league insiders on a number of occasions because he thorough and precise.

We can get some good information from some posters here. From Adam we get the CORRECT information. Every. Single. Time. That's why we wait and ask for his input. Nothing to wad panties over.