Where is our 2019 draft class?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah...it’s pretty weak right now. Like a do over myself. One guy IR,one can’t even play....you can’t have that scenario with your top picks. Not if winning is your plan this year. That wasn’t smart of Dallas. They are praying big time right now for it too. Thoae two positions are big ones in these losses. I understand McGovern,but not Hill....

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hill not getting any reps even with a beat up DT group is a bad sign.

McGovern's been hurt, and other than that, the Day 3 guys have been doing about as expected or better. Pollard is a backup RB who's looking like he could be more than a backup RB. Joe Jackson has cracked the DE rotation, which a lot of rookies don't do. Donovan Wilson is hanging around the 53. You'll see Mike Jackson next season when we have to let some CBs go. So far so good there.

ultron

Reaction score
This is not an easy starting roster to crack, on paper this is a really good football team but the NFL changes quickly and once teams have film on you and find your weaknesses - they build a gameplan and tend to execute. The Cowboys defense has been a major disappointment on all levels this season, if they would just help the offense a little bit - this team would be 6-0

PS- Our 2019 first round draft pick is technically Amari Cooper and he's been pretty damn good.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Shades of the special teams draft in either 2008 or 2009 (can’t remember the date).

we pick players to be backups which is beyond stupid! They may be able to play, but our Dallas Cowboys are not a meritocracy obviously.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hill not getting any reps even with a beat up DT group is a bad sign.

McGovern's been hurt, and other than that, the Day 3 guys have been doing about as expected or better. Pollard is a backup RB who's looking like he could be more than a backup RB. Joe Jackson has cracked the DE rotation, which a lot of rookies don't do. Donovan Wilson is hanging around the 53. You'll see Mike Jackson next season when we have to let some CBs go. So far so good there.

No 1st round pick. We started in the bottom of the second. I haven't tallied them all up, but I think less draft value than 2009, and probably the least draft value we've had to work with since 2000. Under 600.

Hill was bottom of the 2nd picked for traits, not production. Covington has been our leading tackler. Woods, Crawford, Collins all healthy. It's no shame for a rookie to have those 4 guys ahead of him in the rotation. I think they picked a little more of a developmental player knowing that they had more to work with this year. The real need was replacing Collins next year.

McGovern hurt, and I think he was the consensus best pick for the guy who would be best on day one.

Pollard, Jackson, and Wilson all doing ok. Pollard better than ok.

People forget how little draft capital we were working with. Even *if* Hill is a bust, which is far from certain or even *likely* at this point, for the capital we had to spend, we didn't do too badly. McGovern as a bottom of the 2nd quality player. He got hurt. That's not an indictment of our draft.

visionary

Reaction score
No 1st round pick. We started in the bottom of the second. I haven't tallied them all up, but I think less draft value than 2009, and probably the least draft value we've had to work with since 2000. Under 600.

Hill was bottom of the 2nd picked for traits, not production. Covington has been our leading tackler. Woods, Crawford, Collins all healthy. It's no shame for a rookie to have those 4 guys ahead of him in the rotation. I think they picked a little more of a developmental player knowing that they had more to work with this year. The real need was replacing Collins next year.

McGovern hurt, and I think he was the consensus best pick for the guy who would be best on day one.

Pollard, Jackson, and Wilson all doing ok. Pollard better than ok.

People forget how little draft capital we were working with. Even *if* Hill is a bust, which is far from certain or even *likely* at this point, for the capital we had to spend, we didn't do too badly. McGovern as a bottom of the 2nd quality player. He got hurt. That's not an indictment of our draft.

sorry, can’t agree with you
Falling in love with one player rather than picking your board is bad drafting 101
There were players like Thornhill sitting there that people wanted picked at that time (not in hindsight) that would have helped us

John813

Reaction score
When you have as much talent as this team, think back to the 90s cowboys, our future all pro players can't get on the field.

I mean, Goodell is forcing Ty Hill to be inactive cause he would just make the game unfair for the other team.

They are saving the draft class for the final push to FINISH THE FIGHT

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
sorry, can’t agree with you
Falling in love with one player rather than picking your board is bad drafting 101
There were players like Thornhill sitting there that people wanted picked at that time (not in hindsight) that would have helped us

They're in love with Woods. You don't use a second on a backup FS.

According to the guys who cover the Cowboys draft, the "Dallas Cowboys got their guy." They was even some question if we would move up for him.

visionary

Reaction score
They're in love with Woods. You don't use a second on a backup FS.

According to the guys who cover the Cowboys draft, the "Dallas Cowboys got their guy." They was even some question if we would move up for him.

but that’s my point
It’s not the lack of draft capital it is poor personnel evaluation and bad decision making