Where is WARE ???

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
After seeing Lofa and Merriman (who I wanted badly in last years draft) I think he deserves to be in the pro-bowl as much as either of those 2.:bang2::banghead::bang2::banghead::bang2::banghead::banghead::bang2:

Hoods

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
he wasnt in the playoffs...

Neither were alot of these players. It's the Probowl not the Players In The Playoffs Bowl.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
actually take that back, chargers werent in the playoffs

idk why hes not in...just not effective enough int he middle of the season

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Ware is letting Merriman have his shot at a pro bowl. Ware will be in the next 10. :rolleyes: :)

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Ware is letting Merriman have his shot at a pro bowl. Ware will be in the next 10. :rolleyes: :)
I hope your right but I still think Merriman is going to be a BEAST ... Not that Ware wont.:cool:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
I hope your right but I still think Merriman is going to be a BEAST ... Not that Ware wont.:cool:

I think we will be seeing both of them in the pro bowl for years to come.:)

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
hopefully he is at home. studying, training, lifting weights, and getting ready to dominate next year.

i think the bigger question should be...

why isn't T-New in the Pro Bowl?

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
hopefully he is at home. studying, training, lifting weights, and getting ready to dominate next year.

i think the bigger question should be...

why isn't T-New in the Pro Bowl?
True on Newman... I hope Ware is also watching the game today knowing hes just as good as any of these LBs. It seemed like he lost confidence halfway thru the year.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
True on Newman... I hope Ware is also watching the game today knowing hes just as good as any of these LBs. It seemed like he lost confidence halfway thru the year.

Also agree on Newman.......Ware may have lost some confidence but he seemed to have regained it in the Carolina game. I also think he could have possibly ran out of gas.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Merriman was the bigger player, more ready to play with Big School experience. At age 21 its amazing how fast he is in Pro Bowl.

Ware is an investment that will be more a future edge rush guy. Both should be good one's for a decade.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Nors said:
Merriman was the bigger player, more ready to play with Big School experience. At age 21 its amazing how fast he is in Pro Bowl.

Ware is an investment that will be more a future edge rush guy. Both should be good one's for a decade.

I agree Nors .....Book it.:)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
After seeing Lofa and Merriman (who I wanted badly in last years draft) I think he deserves to be in the pro-bowl as much as either of those 2.:bang2::banghead::bang2::banghead::bang2::banghead::banghead::bang2:
I like Demarcus Ware as much as anyone, and I have great hopes for him, but people don't want to face the facts that he didn't have a ProBowl year, didn't have a consistant year.

Fact...he had 1 monster game. Against Carolina, he had 3 plays where he looped around the OT and slapped the ball from his hand, causing 3 fumbles and being credited with 3 sacks on the same 3 plays. Great job, but try looking at his stats for the other 15 games...he's going to be a very good player and hopefully a probowler down the road, but looking at the flashy stats that put you in the PROBOWL as a pass rusher, he racked up 3 forced fumbles and 3 sacks on 3 plays in one game without even hitting the QB.

Unless voters were watching the Carolina game before voting (nope), he had no chance of making it to Hawaii this year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT said:
I hope Ware is also watching the game today knowing hes just as good as any of these LBs. It seemed like he lost confidence halfway thru the year.

I don't think he lost confidence, just was perplexed by the game at times, and I hope he's concentrating on his game, instead of worrying about the Pro Bowl, and I bet he is, cuz he's a good kid, not that I'm not, but still :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Ware may have lost some confidence but he seemed to have regained it in the Carolina game. I also think he could have possibly ran out of gas.
Confidence......gas.........Zimmer.

Pick any option.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I like Demarcus Ware as much as anyone, and I have great hopes for him, but people don't want to face the facts that he didn't have a ProBowl year, didn't have a consistant year.

Fact...he had 1 monster game. Against Carolina, he had 3 plays where he looped around the OT and slapped the ball from his hand, causing 3 fumbles and being credited with 3 sacks on the same 3 plays. Great job, but try looking at his stats for the other 15 games...he's going to be a very good player and hopefully a probowler down the road, but looking at the flashy stats that put you in the PROBOWL as a pass rusher, he racked up 3 forced fumbles and 3 sacks on 3 plays in one game without even hitting the QB.

Unless voters were watching the Carolina game before voting (nope), he had no chance of making it to Hawaii this year.

he had a chance for the Pro Bowl when he had a sack in 4 consecutive games, and I don't care how you make a play, if you do it, it's like any other big play, so I dont' get why you are putting asteriks around his stats in the Carolina game, Ware performed exactly how the Cowboy's coaching staff hoped he would perform this year, acting as a pass-rushing threat off the edge, and leading the team in plays in the opponent's backfield, look past the stats bro

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and remember, Parcells said he wanted to see how Ware would fare once teams started concentrating on him, after those 4 sacks in 4 weeks, he was the focus of opposing offenses, and struggled, as expected, then came around in the Carolina game, he had a very good year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he had a chance for the Pro Bowl when he had a sack in 4 consecutive games, and I don't care how you make a play, if you do it, it's like any other big play, so I dont' get why you are putting asteriks around his stats in the Carolina game, Ware performed exactly how the Cowboy's coaching staff hoped he would perform this year, acting as a pass-rushing threat off the edge, and leading the team in plays in the opponent's backfield, look past the stats bro
Because he did it all in one game after most of the probowl votes were in. Let's not forget what happened after those first 4 sacks...he was virtually invisible for close to 10 games in a row...how many sacks during the key time when guys were about to vote for the ProBowl?

My point is that Ware had no chance to go to the probowl at the time they were voting because no one saw him do anything for a long long time. Before the CArolina game, no one would have even made him a starting LB on the all rookie team, much less the ProBowl.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
and remember, Parcells said he wanted to see how Ware would fare once teams started concentrating on him, after those 4 sacks in 4 weeks, he was the focus of opposing offenses, and struggled, as expected, then came around in the Carolina game, he had a very good year
You just made my argument for me....I never said he didn't do well for Dallas or that he didn't do what the coaches wanted him to do...didn't even say he wasn't the best pass rusher on the Dallas team....but none of those get you elected to the ProBowl...you have to be considered 1 of the best 3-4 lbs in the NFC at the time the voting takes place. No way he was that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
You just made my argument for me....I never said he didn't do well for Dallas or that he didn't do what the coaches wanted him to do...didn't even say he wasn't the best pass rusher on the Dallas team....but none of those get you elected to the ProBowl...you have to be considered 1 of the best 3-4 lbs in the NFC at the time the voting takes place. No way he was that.

now I see what you're saying, but he was neck-and-neck with Merriman, so if Merriman deserved to go, then Ware had a shot to go too, but the voters felt differently because Merriman had his big games at the right time