Where is WARE ???

Chuck 54

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
now I see what you're saying, but he was neck-and-neck with Merriman, so if Merriman deserved to go, then Ware had a shot to go too, but the voters felt differently because Merriman had his big games at the right time
exactly...and he made the Jacked up type plays because he's a huge hitter....and then you also have to look at the top LBs in the NFC vs. the AFC....personally, I think if Merriman went on his numbers alone, he wouldn't have made it either, but I understand he had some Roy Williams type hits this year that seem to excite the voters and fellow players more than the same tackle without the ESPN airtime.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...is hopefully beginning to workout and watch film in preparation for next season.

Anything less and I will be disappointed.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
This is a great opportunity for me to apologize to all the folks who said draft Merriman over Ware, Merriman was better this year, you guys were right, I was wrong, we got the wrong guy, Spears was worse, he plays but not alot of highlight reel material. We'll have to see if they improve next year...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If all Ware had to worry about was rushing the passer like Merriman, not taking anything away from Merriman, he would have had better numbers. It's rather hard to rush the passer when you have to drop back in to coverage also.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Ware will be a good player, but Merriman is clearly a more physical and emotional player so he'll always get more recognition. Merriman's nickname since college has been "Lights Out" because he lays huge hits ala Roy Williams. He also has a more emotional style on the field. Even if Ware's numbers parallel Merriman's, he'll never get the same recognition.

Clearly there was something about Merriman's attitude, cockiness, tatoos or something that Bill didn't like. Hopefully we won't be talking about Ware/Merriman the way we talk about Ellis/Moss in 5-6 years.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is why it is important to find a cloan for Ware. 2 guys that will be beast that teams have to worry about. Ware is smaller than Merriman and maybe a tad bit slower, but Ware is also as stong as an ox.

We need pressure, and strong pressure, from both ends. Ware just needs to keep getting better/stronger and help us win the SuperBowl so Ware can be like Emmitt Smith compared to Barry Sanders. One puts up stats, and the other wins Superbowls.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I really liked Merriman last year before the draft and I wasn't as sure about Ware due to his only playing end in college. But after seeing both play in the nfl, I am positive the Cowboys got the better player and Ware will prove that over his career. Merriman is a huge guy and very good player, but he doesn't have anywhere as much athletic ability and speed that Ware does. This past year was all about converting Ware to LB and he still had similar numbers. This next season they need to get him a bookend and he will be one of the best in the league.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I think Ware will be a good player, but Merriman is clearly a more physical and emotional player so he'll always get more recognition. Merriman's nickname since college has been "Lights Out" because he lays huge hits ala Roy Williams. He also has a more emotional style on the field. Even if Ware's numbers parallel Merriman's, he'll never get the same recognition.

Clearly there was something about Merriman's attitude, cockiness, tatoos or something that Bill didn't like. Hopefully we won't be talking about Ware/Merriman the way we talk about Ellis/Moss in 5-6 years.

His representation.............