Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Costa Rica--various locations

Nowhere cold. I love to visit beautiful colder places a few times ( Alaska was amazing) but I'll take beautiful and comfortable.

jsb357

Reaction score
Ketchikan and Skagway Alaska were both nice and not too cold

Cozumel is pretty and probably nicer in the winter.

BBNP is great unless it's summer.

I avoid Hot Springs at all cost as it's way too crowded.

I always dreamed of the Florida Gulf coast until I went.
Massively overcrowded and expensive until you get past Port St Joe headed east.

nobody

Reaction score
I have several, but here are a few (and there are more on my bucket list as well):

Turner Falls, Oklahoma: It's a wonderful camping area when it's not too crowded...that is why I usually camp there off-season
Oklahoma-258667.jpg

Hanauma Bay (On Oahu), Hawaii: Really, there are a lot of attractions on Oahu, but Hanauma Bay is prob my fav one there. Wonderful snorkeling.

hb1.jpg

Colorado (too many interesting places in the state to list here, really, but I'll post a good attraction)

08a9dfa7-3746-4904-8ba8-53a07ea1a164_480_270auto_s_c1.jpg

Centro Astronómico Alfa Aldea – Vicuña, Chile: The astronomy in this part of Chile is astounding. There are a lot of interesting places to visit in the area and the landscape is beautiful, but the main attraction is the astronomy.

VN_360_-31-1.jpg

Myles Standish State Forest- Plymouth, Ma: This is a gorgeous, peaceful place to spend time and exploring historic parts Plymouth is close enough visit too.

Myles-Standish.jpg

Cancun, Mexico: Cancun itself is alright I guess, but it's the attractions near that are great. Chichen Itza, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres

Chichen-5.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ketchikan and Skagway Alaska were both nice and not too cold

Cozumel is pretty and probably nicer in the winter.

BBNP is great unless it's summer.

I avoid Hot Springs at all cost as it's way too crowded.

I always dreamed of the Florida Gulf coast until I went.
Massively overcrowded and expensive until you get past Port St Joe headed east.

I find Cozumel kind of a dump, but the snorkeling there is awesome.

jsb357

Reaction score
I find Cozumel kind of a dump, but the snorkeling there is awesome.

There are several small town areas on the Yucatan Peninsula that are nice, and I prefer along the coast.

I mentioned Cozumel because as it's an island it's generally insulated from some of the problems found on the mainland.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There are several small town areas on the Yucatan Peninsula that are nice, and I prefer along the coast.

I mentioned Cozumel because as it's an island it's generally insulated from some of the problems found on the mainland.
Agreed. I don't like Cancun at all, but Playa del Carmen was really nice. Though I just avoid Mexico like the plague these days due to all the M13 and other cartel killings and attacks on tourist.