Where the HOF players not showing up outrage?

blueblood70

Reaction score
TO was blasted for doing this but now it seems others will follow..more black eyes for Rg..when will they realize RG needs to be gone..new blood someone more in sinc with players needs as much as the owners..i hate RG..this maybe a profitable tenure for Rg but it has been the worst in plyer , fan, public popularity..hes ruining the game

Dre11

Reaction score
TO was blasted for doing this but now it seems others will follow..more black eyes for Rg..when will they realize RG needs to be gone..new blood someone more in sinc with players needs as much as the owners..i hate RG..this maybe a profitable tenure for Rg but it has been the worst in plyer , fan, public popularity..hes ruining the game

Not only that, I think some of these same players, criticized T.O

condoin125

Reaction score
People on these forums love to hate TO, it had nothing to do with not showing up....it's the same way with guys like Martellus Bennett....no matter what the guy did, all he gets is hate on these forums from a bitter fanbase.

paladin

Reaction score
.it's the same way with guys like Martellus Bennett....no matter what the guy did, all he gets is hate on these forums from a bitter fanbase.

Don't limit it to just the fans.

No team that has hired them has decided that a second completed contract was worth the aggravation.

John813

Reaction score
players who had the potential to make more than I'll ever see complaining about something I have to work for every day? Welcome to the real world, ex NFL players...

Yea, not getting their argument.

They want health care and money to show up to Canton once a year?

They got paid for their time in the NFL, long careers I assume due to being in the HOF, probably among the highest paid of their eras, and they want a part of the NFL revenue even though they are retired?
Aren't most on pensions anyways?

The NFL is about greed, but not sure I support them getting a slice of the profits just cause they were former great players in the league.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Hall of Famers are the wrong set of ex players to complain here, I think, since by definition they all had long careers and endorsement potential. I thought when I began reading they were sticking up for all of their fellow veterans, but they have a much more self-interested plan in mind.

At any rate, even this reasoning is more respectable than being pouty for only making the HOF in your third year of eligibility.

condoin125

Reaction score
Don't limit it to just the fans.

No team that has hired them has decided that a second completed contract was worth the aggravation.
Stupid thought....we didn't offer him one because he was unproductive here (we gave Witten 95% of the snaps and we had no idea how to use him). He went to the Giants and played well, but he got a big offer the following season from the bears that the Giants weren't going to match. The bears traded him in the last year of his contract to the Patriots where he helped win a superbowl. The patriots didn't resign him but they don't pay anyone and they certainly weren't going to pay a 2nd TE with Gronk on the roster.

Dre11

Reaction score
Hall of Famers are the wrong set of ex players to complain here, I think, since by definition they all had long careers and endorsement potential. I thought when I began reading they were sticking up for all of their fellow veterans, but they have a much more self-interested plan in mind.

At any rate, even this reasoning is more respectable than being pouty for only making the HOF in your third year of eligibility.

That's Bs, the HOF was Sacred to most here, people just wanted to hate on TO. His challenge isn't any different than their challenge, it's just more of them.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I wish the NFL would go broke. Not only do they sit out games wanting more money, but now the retired HOF's want more money. It's out of control and we have Goodell to thank for it.

"If it was up to me, I think every Hall of Famer would get about $300,000 a year," Dickerson told TMZ Sports. "I think that would be a proper number.":rolleyes:

paladin

Reaction score
Stupid thought....we didn't offer him one because he was unproductive here (we gave Witten 95% of the snaps and we had no idea how to use him). He went to the Giants and played well, but he got a big offer the following season from the bears that the Giants weren't going to match. The bears traded him in the last year of his contract to the Patriots where he helped win a superbowl. The patriots didn't resign him but they don't pay anyone and they certainly weren't going to pay a 2nd TE with Gronk on the roster.
Yes
My original post WAS completely accurate.
But thanks for the superfluous validation anyway.