Where was Pollard?

cowboybish

Reaction score
I don't know who's call it was Moore or McCarthy, but all we heard was how good Pollard looked this week only to not use him. That's a big problem for this coaching staff and certainly one of many head scratching reasons we lost.
When we get behind we abandon the run. Thats the formula.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Though I assumed the first game Elliott wore a knee brace, and also given the kind of brace, that he didn't just "have a contusion/bruise" and that there was a tear.
Turns out after the season he had a tear all along.
I'm not mad about that, I wouldn't show my hand either. So is the same thing true about Pollard? I mean, why the hell wouldn't you play him over an injured Elliott? Unless he was also injured?
Then, to me it's worse. They never did anything about it to fill the position. Just BS'd the league about two injured RBs to try and put one passed everyone?

Dre11

Reaction score
Pretty sad jerry is more concerned about trotting an injured and ineffective zeke out there than what would have given us a better chance to win.

Jerry? What makes people think it was Jerry

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He was too busy sitting cuz an injured zeke was taking his snaps. And our coaching staff has always played people according to their salary and not ability
That is a direct edict from the OWNER. Believe it. You heard Jerry Jones say a few weeks ago that he EXPACTS Zeke to carry a heavy load. Zeke was CLEARLY laboring. Yet Jerry sent a very strong message via the media that he did not want to hear it...you getting paid, you better play!

willia451

Reaction score
SF was stacking the box to stop the run. And once the Cowboys got behind by double digits they basically abandoned the run anyway.

Turns out SF keying off stopping the run also provided more than enough pressure on Dak through the Cowboys sketchy OL to rattle Dak into that "deer in the headlights" look we always see in that situation.

I doubt Pollard, even if he had be used, would have made a difference. Especially with all the penalties pushing the line of scrimmage backwards.

Xeven

Reaction score
Honestly, Jelken Moore needs to go. He is not the great OC we thought he was. He is great at pass plays but it ends there. One dimensional.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Though I assumed the first game Elliott wore a knee brace, and also given the kind of brace, that he didn't just "have a contusion/bruise" and that there was a tear.
Turns out after the season he had a tear all along.
I'm not mad about that, I wouldn't show my hand either. So is the same thing true about Pollard? I mean, why the hell wouldn't you play him over an injured Elliott? Unless he was also injured?
Then, to me it's worse. They never did anything about it to fill the position. Just BS'd the league about two injured RBs to try and put one passed everyone?

Pollard didnt look injured and still appeared mobile/quick. Injury is not the reason and neither is this excuse that you need to establish the run inside to earn the run to the edge.....absolute myth, you use what works, which in our case is Pollard.

Zeke is used because of his name and not his abilities...... I hope Jerry isnt 'suggesting' Zeke is used even if it's to showcase him for an (im)possible trade.

It's 100% certain he's released after 2022.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pollard didnt look injured and still appeared mobile/quick. Injury is not the reason and neither is this excuse that you need to establish the run inside to earn the run to the edge.....absolute myth, you use what works, which in our case is Pollard.

Zeke is used because of his name and not his abilities...... I hope Jerry isnt 'suggesting' Zeke is used even if it's to showcase him for an (im)possible trade.

It's 100% certain he's released after 2022.
I can't agree with your theory of it being about his name, that's unreasonable.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

So why did we proceed using him when the strategy was failing?? Call it his name or the strategy, either way Zeke shouldnt have been handed the ball.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone bringing up the foot is crazy. This a one and done situation and you don't feature the most explosive player on offense? Meanwhile, a player with one knee plays the whole game.

This a poorly ran franchise, and I understand why fans after the glory years are angry. They cannot compete with the best in the NFL on a consistent basis. The GM, is a laughing stock and he should have been fired years ago.

Dre11

Reaction score
That is a direct edict from the OWNER. Believe it. You heard Jerry Jones say a few weeks ago that he EXPACTS Zeke to carry a heavy load. Zeke was CLEARLY laboring. Yet Jerry sent a very strong message via the media that he did not want to hear it...you getting paid, you better play!

Or maybe because that was the coached gameplan.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Pollard was not Pollard that foot is worst then they led anyone to believe. Zeke same banged up knee . As well as keeping Schultz in FA and upgrades in the OLine through the draft throw a RB into mix of draft goodies needed in McClays shopping cart . Pollard going into his last year under contract doesn’t need to be overpaid like 21 to stay . Retool the whole position .

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke white knights will find a way to shield Zeke from criticism.

You are wrong. I like Zeke, but I have been against him playing after his injury. You will not find one Zeke supporter agreeing with your statement. He has been trash, along with the rest of the offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There is no logical reason Zeke has continued to get more touches than Pollard. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even being a better blocker doesn’t make sense. Zeke was the RB who failed to pick up the blitz yesterday on the last possession of the first half.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thats what I questioned all game long...why didnt we use him more...I never seen a team not use one of theyre best backs for an entire game....but the cowboys did multiple games this year....barely gave him the ball at all when clearly he should have gotten plenty of carries...

Not only was he the best back, but he is the most explosive offensive player on the team. You cannot sit him during a one and done.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You are wrong. I like Zeke, but I have been against him playing after his injury. You will not find one Zeke supporter agreeing with your statement. He has been trash, along with the r rest of the offense.
Give it time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no logical reason Zeke has continued to get more touches than Pollard. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even being a better blocker doesn’t make sense. Zeke was the RB who failed to pick up the blitz yesterday on the last possession of the first half.
Ignore my previous post, fine by me.