Where was QB coach Moore first 8 games, why was Dak missing throws etc?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok football gurus where was QB coach Kellen Moore those first 8 games, you all remember Troy Aikman
saying either you have accuracy or you dont, we all remember the wide open throws Dak was missing.
How about when Terry Bradshaw said you cant miss those wide open throws, where was Kellen Moore then.

Reports that i heard was Jason Garrett got control back from Jerry Jones for offense away from Linehan,
we hired Hudson Houch back and TE coach Ne..... helped out, who was offensive coordinator with Cooper when he was at Alabama.

If you all saw on sidelines Linehan would all be nice polite to Dak, even Kellen Moore would try to talk to Dak some and Dak would look away sometimes. Not pay attention but you never saw a coach drill or get onto Dak.

We need a coach that can get in Dak's face when need to, challenge him and Dak not look away, you cant baby a QB at times, just like Parcells would chew out Romo, that QB coach sure has to be the
QB's friend but also be strict tough on him when need arises, you cant baby a QB.
And now your asking a guy that has never called plays or schemed against veteran defensive coordinators,
look at how Kris Richard got out schemed agaisnt Seattle the first game of season, they beat us bad,
how Kris Richard got man handled scheme wise in the Ram game

YOU need sure young experienced offensive coordinator, to rev up this same old old offense scheme,
but to go with a young inexperienced offensive coordinator is asking for trouble.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok football gurus where was QB coach Kellen Moore those first 8 games, you all remember Troy Aikman
saying either you have accuracy or you dont, we all remember the wide open throws Dak was missing.
How about when Terry Bradshaw said you cant miss those wide open throws, where was Kellen Moore then.

Reports that i heard was Jason Garrett got control back from Jerry Jones for offense away from Linehan,
we hired Hudson Houch back and TE coach Ne..... helped out, who was offensive coordinator with Cooper when he was at Alabama.

If you all saw on sidelines Linehan would all be nice polite to Dak, even Kellen Moore would try to talk to Dak some and Dak would look away sometimes. Not pay attention but you never saw a coach drill or get onto Dak.

We need a coach that can get in Dak's face when need to, challenge him and Dak not look away, you cant baby a QB at times, just like Parcells would chew out Romo, that QB coach sure has to be the
QB's friend but also be strict tough on him when need arises, you cant baby a QB.
And now your asking a guy that has never called plays or schemed against veteran defensive coordinators,
look at how Kris Richard got out schemed agaisnt Seattle the first game of season, they beat us bad,

YOU need sure young experienced offensive coordinator, to rev up this same old old offense scheme,
but to go with a young inexperienced offensive coordinator is asking for trouble.

When I saw Moore and Dak together, they seemed to be working well together.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t think “getting in his face” is the way to fix Dak’s mechanical issues, which are what lead to the inaccurate throws.

Dre11

Reaction score

There's not a qb coach that forces a qb to make all the throws, doesn't mean Moore isn't stressing it. It's up to the qb to go out there and do it. You act like the qb coach waves a wand and poof it happens.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, if you believe Dak was better in the second half of the season, could that have something to do with coaching?

I’ll go a step further and say that Dak absolutely played better the second half of the season. I just suppose one could argue the cause of the improved play.

I don’t think work ethic/motivation is ever an issue for Dak though. The things he has to improve just so happen to be really really difficult things for a human being to improve on and get better at.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
According to Cam Cameron in a video put out just before the playoffs, there were certain aspects of Dak's game that were not addressed in the off-season when John Beck was working on Dak's throwing motion. The team got back with Beck at some point during the season and worked with Dak to fix these issues, apparently with success.

I don't remember exactly what these things were, but Cameron said that if they'd been taken care of in the off-season, Dak would have been good from the beginning. His opinion, not mine.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Ask GMO . According to his thread, Moore's a wizard. :laugh:
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/kellen-more-is-a-football-wizard.427659/

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I watched Kellen Moore’s video with Gruden. What’s funny is Kellen knew (even with his lack of talent) to anticipate where a WR was going to be before the WR was going to be there. For the first 8 games that was definitely lacking.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Moore and dak did have a disconnect and when I mentioned this during the season I got blasted for it. I think they are both fed up with each others mediocrity.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks that during the limited practice time that QBs have with QB coaches during the week will be used for mechanics are misinformed.

They use their practice time to mainly implement the gameplan and various nuances.

Mechanical issues such as footwork or release point are by far worked on morein the offseason with specialized coaches or in traing camp with existing staff.

Them

Reaction score
...Moore can't throw the ball for Dak!...I'm willing to give anyone a chance now that Linehan is gone...If it's Moore, so be it!...:cool:

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
So did dak turn it around that much over the second half that he finished below Brady and Rodgers in off target throws?

Or perhaps do you and most blind dak haters overexaggerate his misses.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Lack of confidence in your receivers and offensive line will do that.

True. The other side of the coin is the timing, experience with the offense, and generally being on the same page. Now with the change how long before Dak adjusts to the “intricacies” of a new OC.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Why do you assume that Dak's struggles had anything to do with the QB coach? Especially when Dak's and the entire teams season turned around when we added Cooper.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True. The other side of the coin is the timing, experience with the offense, and generally being on the same page. Now with the change how long before Dak adjusts to the “intricacies” of a new OC.
Well that's the reason why I'm expecting the exact same offense next year lol. Everyone was excited to see Linehan go but this playbook will remain regardless of who's OC. Its why all of the "candidates" are mostly guys who are already in-house.

MaaS

Reaction score
Yelling at Dak isn't going to make him suddenly hit Amari in stride. It's about footwork, mechanics, and confidence. Dak arguably takes winning as seriously as anybody on the team. If anything, this suggestion would make the situation worse IMO.